• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seeking Advice with Midvale Police

jhow1nm2

imported post

If your case turns out like the one decided by the District Court in Alamogordo, NM, many well wishes to you. He was taken in cuffs out of the local movie theater, etc. etc. Settled with the city after the court decided in his favor for OC.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
wow that sucks bad. I would fight it! (But what if you can't afford a lawyer... what would one do at that point)?

So now I'm nervous about carrying... anyone else feel the same? (i'll still carry but maybe just concealed from this point on) I mean whats to say this won't happen to me or anyone else, getting detained, cuffed, ticketed for having valid permit (carrying the proper way) having firearm confiscated... is there no protection from this type of harassment... having a class B misdemeanor slapped on your record...
The local state bar has plenty of options that will fit your budget. :) Don't let the opinion enforcement officers scare ya. Definitely don't be nervous about carrying. Just know the laws, behave properly and keep your recorder going, and all will be well. If the officer(s) jack up the procedures enough and do enough violations of your rights, you will have plenty enough monetary damages to cover legal fees, because making the county/city/state pay for your lawyer will be part of the plea deal. :) God have mercy on the poor soul who tries opinion enforcement on you. When you have your day in court, they will wish they had never joined the academy.

Kevin

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

jcameronwalker wrote:
prelim. court date has been set for tomorrow morning at 1100 hrs at the midvale court. if you want to show up you are invited sorry for such short notice but it was either tomorrow or december 23
Any updates? I am assuming that you plead Not Guilty and they scheduled a new date.

jcameronwalker

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
jcameronwalker wrote:
prelim. court date has been set for tomorrow morning at 1100 hrs at the midvale court. if you want to show up you are invited sorry for such short notice but it was either tomorrow or december 23
Any updates? I am assuming that you plead Not Guilty and they scheduled a new date.
we plead not guilty to the charges court date has been set for december 17 at 1530 come one come all

Brimstone

imported post

jcameronwalker wrote
we plead not guilty to the charges court date has been set for december 17 at 1530 come one come all
I am assuming that this is being held at the Midvale Courthouse at 655 W Center St, Midvale. I have it in my planner and I am planning on attending.

StuartG

imported post

ok small issue that i need to find out some information on

Clark Aposhian has been assisting us in this matter and has spoken to the prosecuting attorney and was informed that a e-mail was sent to either the police chief or the mayor of mid-vale

if anyone here has sent a e-mail regarding this please forward a copy of that e-mail to me so that i can get it to Clark so that we know clearly what has been stated

you can send the e-mail to babystewie22@yahoo.com thanks

and as Clark has asked me to pass this on for the time being until

this is all settled please do not send e-mails to the mayor or the police chief or any agency involved as it could cause more problems then good for the time being

i do thank you for your support

Rusty_Shackleford

imported post

Do they have the required lockers (and enough of them)at the courthouse to secure our legallyOC and CCfirearms?:D

I would love to attend the court proceedings!!! even if it is a 300 mile trip!

jcameronwalker

imported post

Rusty_Shackleford wrote:
Do they have the required lockers (and enough of them)at the courthouse to secure our legallyOC and CCfirearms?:D

I would love to attend the court proceedings!!! even if it is a 300 mile trip!

i would love to see people carrying at the hearing but i am going to recommend you leave it in your vehicle. they dont have lockers at the court house that i am aware of. please come. from what i understand the date posted is just a meeting between stuart and i with our council and the prosicuting attorney (i apologize i cant spell today) and the judge. when i have a confirmed court date i will post and let everyone know well in advance.

stuart andi would again like to thank you all for your continued support and look forward to getting this matter resolved

crossbreed

imported post

prepare to be disapointed. Any legal action you take will likely be drawn out till your grandkids have kids.

jcameronwalker

imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Do you have a update on your court apperance.

Is this still sceduled for the 17th please keep me updated and I plan to see you their.

yes it is still for the 17th. from what i am being told this hearing is just another prelim hearing between us and the prosicuting attorney and the judge to see if we cant resolve this sooner but to be honest i dont know what kind of hearing this is. please come and support us though even if you cant get in to the court room. just out of curiosity who is all coming? i would love to see a big turnout

jcameronwalker

imported post

the hearing is at 1530. we are not sure what courtroom it will be in. it is at the midvale courthouse i dont know the address i will have stuart post the address shortly

StuartG

imported post

all charges against james and i have been dropped. our firearms should be returned to us tomorrow due to the chief and the person with the key to the evidence room having left for the day. thank you for all of your support. one more step for the firearms community has been overcome