• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seeking Advice with Midvale Police

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Congrats.

It is a real shame it took so long to get your case to this point. We really need to get some laws in place to reimburse those who are cited, much less charged, with non-existent crimes.

Charles

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Sweet! I got creepy white dot eyes!

I want to thank James and Stuart for "sticking to their guns" and fighting these bogus charges.

It can sometimes be too easy and tempting to simply pay a fine to avoid court proceedings, and that sets the wrong precedent for all.

I also wish to thank Clark Aposhian for stepping up and helping these gentleman out. Clark's expertise certainly helped to expedite this dismissal.

Great outcome! :celebrate:monkey:celebrate

Pedman

imported post

Dang - I had it on my calendar for Friday. I am glad to hear that it went well and I applaud you for for standing up for your rights.

Again my apologies, I really wanted to be there with you.

Mudruck

imported post

Great job! Glad to hear that all charges were dropped.

Now that it is over, can you fill us latecomers in on what exactly happened?

StuartG

imported post

Well guys unfortunately it is not over yet

as Sgt can be witness to after the court my self james,clark,Sgt and gunfreak went down to retrive our firearms and was told the chief was not in and he had to sign the release and the evidence locker was locked and the administration staff was gone .

today we went back down and was told yet again the chief was not in and would not be in and to return Monday after standing there for a good 15 mins trying to explain to the desk Sargent what the hell is going on we finally left and got ahold of clark

from my understanding the desk Sargent told Clark the chief wanted to hear for him self from the district attorney that all charges had been drops i guess a judges signature isn't good enough for him

***Update***

after getting a hold of Clark he made a few calls and as of 1430 hr's we now have our side arms back along with the desk Sargent apologizing for the inconvinence of every thing that has happened over the past 2 days

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

StuartG wrote:
we now have our side arms back along with the desk Sargent apologizing for the inconvinence of every thing that has happened over the past 2 days
[align=center]
party0003.gif
party.gif
party0003.gif
party.gif
party0003.gif

[/align]

StuartG

imported post

lol ya it was a eventful day at the lest but the charges are dropped i have my sidearm back and i am happy

now we start looking into the next step of things civil wise

mqondo

imported post

I'm glad it turned out the way it did, and the way it should have! Did anyone apologize for the inconvenience of the not just the last 2 days, but the past couple of months? Ridiculous that it has taken this long to get it resolved. I'm glad that it worked out for the best though! Good job!

StuartG

imported post

mqondo wrote:
I'm glad it turned out the way it did, and the way it should have! Did anyone apologize for the inconvenience of the not just the last 2 days, but the past couple of months? Ridiculous that it has taken this long to get it resolved. I'm glad that it worked out for the best though! Good job!

Nope only the past 2 days of the hassle at the police department

you honestly believe that midvale would apologize to us for the past month or so this has been going on?
Nope that would be admitting guilt that they were completely in the wrong on the hole thing lol