• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Allen Introduces Universal Reciprocity Bill

Bolt06

imported post

I am kinda new to the senate thing. but how long does it take them to go over the bill that Sen. Allen brought to them. does anyone know the senate timeline.? or heard if it was read before the senate yet?? i am trying to track what is happening with it. I am all for it.. (mostly cause I am from Pennsylvania and work in NJ..)

Haru

imported post

While I like the idea, this seems contrary to Allen's position regarding states rights.

Spank That Donkey

imported post

I'll open you up a thread Donkey on STD, as I have before upon your challenge :D

http://www.spankthatdonkey.com/spankthatdonkey2/2006/9/28/the-donkey-wants-a-piece-of-my-a.html

I have looked at parts of the report now that I have had time, and all I can say, is that George "W" Bush has assembled an excellent team to fight this war, and using the CIA and that dastardly "Cheney-Rumsfeld" military as a "Team" together, how can you argue that they have not prosecuted this war well?

Al Quada is fighting for its life.. and they are not killing us civlilians, they are fighting our Armed Forces over there! History will bear this out, already we are five years into that history after 9-11, and the War on Terror is costing us casualties, but so did Tarawa, D-Day, Iwo Jima, Korea, and Yes Vietnametc, which are all hallowed battleground, where WE have taken the fight to the Enemy! The Democrats are to blame for our Ally South Vietnam falling into communist hands, and the resulting rape and murder of free peoples.

http://www.spankthatdonkey.com/spankthatdonkey2/2006/9/5/the-fate-of-the-iraqis-if-webb-is-elected.html

and ultimately snuffed out foreign aggression.... Thank a Vet Today for your Freedom!

Attachments

• ww2Memorial.jpg
    ww2Memorial.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 206

GeorgiaGlocker

imported post

The 10 most terrifying words in the Englishing language:

I'm from the government and I am here to help.~ President Ronald Reagan

Memorable quotes from RonaldReagan

thegools

imported post

Haru:

That was my thought exactly. Where do states rights fall here?

This proposal of Allen's (which has little chance of flying in my opinion) reminds me of a ruse used by politicians to gain votes back home: They propose changes tothe liberal policies of D.C. (who have no representation in congress)to activate their base back home. The measure infringes on DC residents self-rule while doing nothing to the politicos constituents, or the measure fails and nothing changes. As a result of the ruse, the politician gains votes for basically doing nothing for his state and accomplishing the same. (Allen has beenguilty of this in the past as I recall.)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Doesn't states rights end when individual rights are being violated? Home rule is no justification for segregation or slavery, shouldn't be for the RKBA either in my opinion.

The Donkey

VAspringer

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Spank That Donkey wrote:
I'll open you up a thread Donkey on STD, as I have before upon your challenge :D

http://www.spankthatdonkey.com/spankthatdonkey2/2006/9/28/the-donkey-wants-a-piece-of-my-a.html
Well, I would say "bring it on, Spanky," but I'm all tangled up in briefs right now.

So what say, the Spank zone, Friday: dawn.

Lets give the undertaker something to smile about.

The Donkey
It appears that our liberal friend "The Donkey" is part of the legal profession.

Anyone surprised at that??????:D

The Donkey

imported post

VAspringer wrote:
It appears that our liberal friend "The Donkey" is part of the legal profession.

Anyone surprised at that??????:D

Why, was this you?

:arrow: :shock:

Don't think that it would come as much of a surprise to anyone who had their eyes open wide enough to read my post on Webb and the Supreme Court. Perhaps you should try this:

:arrow::what:

Ya see, the first thingya ought todo,ya ought to kiss all the lawyers, :pcuz we're the ones who keep yer guns acomin' and yer gun toten breatheren and sisteren out of the hoose-gow!

Amendment VI, dude: don't leave home without it, and if ya do, be sure to leave that six shooter behind!

The Donkey

The Donkey

imported post

I am sorry to report that Spanky failed to appear for the intellectual dual he challenged me to on his blog in this string.

The undertaker was so disappointed.

But I shall generously excuse the Spankster this time, recognizing that even now he is still recovering from eating dust after being out-drawn by a gent named Jackson Landers.

http://www.spankthatdonkey.com/spankthatdonkey2/2006/10/24/iraq-how-we-will-win-freedom-in-that-place.html#comment537604

Kudos are deserved for gunslinger Landers, a democratic pro-gun blogger with a keen mind, and interesting things to say about what to carry for bears. Would recommend a visit:

http://rule-303.blogspot.com/

Finally, perhaps more germaine to this string, attached is an Opencarry press release regarding Webb’s attached letter, and his answers to the NRA questionnaire:

http://www.webbforsenate.com/nrasurvey.pdf

James Webb pledges to bring national park right to carry bill to floor vote!

Virginia gun owners have a signed pledge now from James Webb himself to federally mandate interstateacceptance of gun carry permits and to provide for the right to carry in National Parks.

See attached doc.

SNIP

. . .

Ihave possessed a concealed-carry permit for many years, and shoot regularly. I have made no secret during this campaign of the fact that I carry. I support a national concealed carry permit.

I also will sponsor a bill in the United States Senate that repeals the National Park Gun Ban that disarms only law-abiding citizens in Interior Department/National Park Service across Virginia. And I intend to get it to the floor for a vote.

Please compare this background with that of my opponent. Individual Second Amendment Rights are ingrained into my Scots-Irish culture, and I stand where I stand.

. . .

Gun owners in Virginia are mulling their options carefully - after all, Senator Allen flip-flopped on the so called federal "Assault Weapons Ban" that limited production of cosmetically offensive single shot per trigger pull rifles for some years (the cosmetic ban has since sunset and is dead).

##############
Contact for this press release:
Mike Stollenwerk - (703) 945-0824
John Pierce - (276) 466-6187
[size=http://www.OpenCarry.org]
##############

Attachments

• Webb sportsman_letter.pdf
    70.6 KB · Views: 121