• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting in a gun free zone, Seattle Pacific University

sudden valley gunner

I had a local Port Orchard cop tell me that because someone called in a man with a gun call against me I had to cover it up the rest of the day, and told me it was a Port Orchard municipal code .

When I asked him what code it was and why Port Orchard was able to circumvent state preemption laws he started him hawing about it. Said it would be a good idea to cover up So I went down and talked to his supervisor and asked if that wasn't considered collusion under color of law because he was wearing a badge . And the supervisor whom I know personally said it would not happen again. I told him if it did it would end up in court.

+1

I love it when people make up stuff (assuming that you don't know better), and think you will believe them just because they are a person in a certain position (cop, manager, etc.) It really messes up their mind when you fight back with actual facts.

Some are used to using the color of authority to back up their made up claims.

Dave Workman

Exploiting SPU tragedy draws criticism, presents problem

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Anti-gun Seattle Mayor Ed Murray was clinging to his “epidemic of gun violence” narrative Friday afternoon about the same time that alleged Seattle Pacific University killer Aaron Ybarra was brought into King County Superior Court only to be ordered held without bail on investigation of murder and other charges.

http://www.examiner.com/article/exploiting-spu-tragedy-draws-criticism-presents-problem

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Indeed, but reloading a shotgun one at a time is completely different from reloading a semi-auto handgun or rifle.

If not fed by detachable box magazine, a shotgun can (and should) be continually topped off while loaded and in use. Maybe he had a Saiga, or similar? Or, as it turns out, most criminally insane aren't too savvy on these things.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
They keep saying they want to get rid of illegal guns. The only guns that are illegal in WA right now are full auto. Actually a gun, even full auto isn't illegal since it is an inanimate object just like a rock. The only thing that can be illegal is an act committed by a human being using a gun, or a rock. Guns don't shoot themselves, and rocks don't throw themselves. The full auto isn't illegal till a human being transports it into the state, it won't walk in by itself. OK, I'll stop making sense now. The antis don't want logic, or facts.

JoeSparky

Centurion
They keep saying they want to get rid of illegal guns. The only guns that are illegal in WA right now are full auto. Actually a gun, even full auto isn't illegal since it is an inanimate object just like a rock. The only thing that can be illegal is an act committed by a human being using a gun, or a rock. Guns don't shoot themselves, and rocks don't throw themselves. The full auto isn't illegal till a human being transports it into the state, it won't walk in by itself. OK, I'll stop making sense now. The antis don't want logic, or facts.

I suspect the crime is "possession" so the actor is in violation not the inanimate object.

Perkins

Perkins,

Sorry, SPU == Seattle Pacific University is NOT Catholic. It's Seattle University you're thinking of.

Quite right, thanks for pointing out that I got them confused.

Since this state does not have a license to open carry, how can they require you to cover it up? If the person does not have a CPL, than they are telling you to break the law. In this state no one can order some one to cover up, not even a cop.

You're right, I suppose it would be 'ask you to cover it up'. I suppose they could also break their contract with their content provider and require you to leave. I don't know what the terms of the contract under which they are loaned various materials are, beyond that they are required to allow public access.

Schlepnier

Luckily he only had a shotgun and had to reload. Hate to say it but it provides the data they need/use to push mag caps.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Except your wrong, I can provide the data including real video recorded live fire tests performed by law enforcement that prove magazine restrictions have virtually no effect, nor does reloading of rifle/pistol magazines.

Dave_pro2a

There are legal machine guns in WA, provided they were owned prior to 1989 iirc. And no transfer is allowed since that date.

I think it's the same for dustructive devices and short barreled rifles.

Primus

Except your wrong, I can provide the data including real video recorded live fire tests performed by law enforcement that prove magazine restrictions have virtually no effect, nor does reloading of rifle/pistol magazines.

Sounds good, please do so. I'd be interested to see it.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
There are legal machine guns in WA, provided they were owned prior to 1989 iirc. And no transfer is allowed since that date.

I think it's the same for dustructive devices and short barreled rifles.

I know Dave, I was just trying to make a generalized point. Like just about everything in the world there are exceptions.

Last edited:

Primus

While it's not official research, watching some of these videos will illustrate just how futile magazine limits are for a trained shooter.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fast+mag+change

Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. I've done a bit of practice myself but haven't recorded it yet.

I can tell you this.... NO mag change is always faster/more efficient then mag change.

If you think other wise, I challenge you to walk around with only 4 or 5 RDS in your magazine.

Also, if it made Jo difference then no one would complain about mag caps.

I want larger mags because I know its more efficient. If its more efficient for me then its more efficient for the bad guy.

Dave_pro2a

Thank you I'll be sure to check those out. I've done a bit of practice myself but haven't recorded it yet.

I can tell you this.... NO mag change is always faster/more efficient then mag change.

If you think other wise, I challenge you to walk around with only 4 or 5 RDS in your magazine.

Also, if it made Jo difference then no one would complain about mag caps.

I want larger mags because I know its more efficient. If its more efficient for me then its more efficient for the bad guy.

Yeah, who can go good murder'n with just a lousy 5 shot revolver. Every bro know it takes a Glock 4. 0.

psst, you know a person can carry two pistols*, each with a 10 round mag for 20 rounds -- no reloading. Works with rifles too!

*patent pending speed re-load device

Last edited:

Difdi

Oh, I agree. Cops routinely need 8-12 shots to hit once when under combat stress, and if you believe the anti-gun nuts cops are more qualified to be armed than any private citizen. If a cop needs a dozen shots, I'd likely need more. About 20-30 sounds right. :banana:

Last edited:

Primus

Oh, I agree. Cops routinely need 8-12 shots to hit once when under combat stress, and if you believe the anti-gun nuts cops are more qualified to be armed than any private citizen. If a cop needs a dozen shots, I'd likely need more. About 20-30 sounds right. :banana:

8-12 is being nice. I personally know some that cant hit a target very well just just standing there no stress fire.

Primus

Yeah, who can go good murder'n with just a lousy 5 shot revolver. Every bro know it takes a Glock 4. 0.

psst, you know a person can carry two pistols*, each with a 10 round mag for 20 rounds -- no reloading. Works with rifles too!

*patent pending speed re-load device

Sure you carry two to get twenty... 3 to get thirty etc.

Is that what you do? Do you carry 4 or 5 revolvers so you can have some kind of standard load?

Just makes the point... If you have to carry entire extra GUNS to avoid reloading clearly mag size matters...

Dave_pro2a

Sure you carry two to get twenty... 3 to get thirty etc.

Is that what you do? Do you carry 4 or 5 revolvers so you can have some kind of standard load?

Just makes the point... If you have to carry entire extra GUNS to avoid reloading clearly mag size matters...

You're dimwitted, and mildly entertaining.

How many perpetrators of mass shootings only carried 1 gun + a couple standard capacity magazines?

How many carried more than one gun?

Primus

You're dimwitted, and mildly entertaining.

How many perpetrators of mass shootings only carried 1 gun + a couple standard capacity magazines?

How many carried more than one gun?

Wow... Dimwitted. That was unnecessary.

You didn't answer any of questions.

Listen... Lots of guys have commuted mass murders with knives and swords and god knows what weapons. But are you saying that they are more efficient then a gun?No.

You can't legitimate say that magazine size has NO bearing of killing/stopping/defense efficiency.

Also, I would say that your intent matters a lot too. Can you DEFEND yourself with 10 RDS or 6 RDS? Yes. If your sending lead and retreating to cover as fast as possible.

Can you attack, engage, kill on a rampage where your intent is MAXIMUM death with only 6 RDS? Yes. But it becomes that much harder.

Can a guy carry 48 black powder guns. Of course. But that would be stupid. Can he carry an Ar with a 100rd drum? Yes. And that would be magnitudes at going on the offensive or killing.

Why do we all want and do carry larger magazines? For defensive purposes KNOWING that if we were ever forced to engage someone that would be put in a position where 10, 15, 20rds is Much better then having to reload 3 times.

Dave_pro2a

Can you attack, engage, kill on a rampage where your intent is MAXIMUM death with only 6 RDS? Yes. But it becomes that much harder.

A bad guy intent on MAXIMUM death would not use a gun.

Gasoline
Propane
Homemade poison gas
Homemade poison
Et cetera

If you want to kill everyone in a house, you don't shoot the house you block the doors and burn it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Is 'lack of imagination' a nicer phrase than dimwitted?

How about ignorant, regarding history and literature. Is pointing out that someone is 'ignorant' nicer than pointing out they are 'dimwitted?'

I'll admit that sure, any time more lead flys down range the chance of a hit increases. But over all, you're probably talking a few percentage points, which is likely a "plus / minus margin of error" scenario.