• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Should we consider other's opinions?

swine

imported post

"If God had intended us to have guns we'd have been born with them."

Pretty dumb remark, eh? But think about it. That's the perfect state of equilibrium that this site desires. Everybody has a gun, and carries it with him (or her) at all times. So, according to this site, the proper state of human existence is to be equipped with a gun. That way everybody is equal in the sight of our gun sights. Nobody gets to rob, steal, rape or break in anymore because everybody's got a gun and nobody is stronger than anybody else. AND the govmn't can't tell us what to do either because their guns are no stronger than ours, right?

But look at history. There was a time when the gun hadn't been invented yet. So the perfect state of equilibrium then was that everybody had a knife, I guess, or a sword or something. There are societies to this day, the Sikh's for example that worship their knives - comparable to us worshipping our guns. Or the Japanese Samuri's who worshipped (some still do) their swords. There's always been a weapon fetish. The only thing that haschanged down the centuries is the weapon. Right now it's guns. But what's next?

What if somebody invented a weapon that would neutralize any opponent withoutkilling him, or even harming him? What if we had a weapon that would simply....I don't know...change the opponents mood? Cause him not to WANT to rape us, or rob us. Make him happy for a few minutes, long enough for us to get away without harm?

Wouldn't you guys still be agitating for the right to bear arms?You would wouldn't you? You've got your 2nd Amendment and you refuse to give itup, even if thedamn things go obsolete. Becauseyou love them. The goBANG! They make noise. They're heavy and steeely and they make a big holes in things. You feel better with one. That's why you take it to church with you. What are you gonna do with it in a Church? Nothing. But it makes you feel better, safer, stronger, more alive.

It's like those guys withthe Harleys. Those motorcycles that roar down the street with their muffler's compromised so that they make as much noise as possible. It's a gas! It's a thrill! It pisses people off when they go by rattling the windows all around and setting off everybodies car alarms! They love it. They love the chaos and the 'FREEDOM'!

Never mind that we're on theverge of having electric motorcycles that are cheaper, faster, safer,andwill be able to run rings around those internal combustion dynosaurs. The problem with the electrics isTHEY'RE TOO QUIET! You can't hear them COMING! You can't scare the daylights out of anybody with an electic goddamn motorcycle, goddammit!

Well get used to it mo..f...k....rs. The day is coming when your GUNS will be similarly obsolete. Nobody will be able to get the drop on anybody else because we'llall have a 'weapon' that will neutralize anybodywithout risk or harm to anybody. No more rapes because you'll pointyour weapon at him andhe'lljust lose interest. Something like that. And all this Jeffersonian, Patric Henryist bullshit will go by the wayside.

We'll all become mild mannered,ultra-polite, nebbishy, peace loving,autonomous, self-reliant, self protectors, because nobody will have any power over us greater than than the harmless but invincible'weapons' we will all'carry' that will neutralize any and all adversaries without bloodletting.

Wouldn't that be nice?

1245A Defender

imported post

swine wrote:

Pretty dumb remark, eh? But think about it. That's the perfect state of equilibrium that this site desires. Everybody has a gun, and carries it with him (or her) at all times. So, according to this site, the proper state of human existence is to be equipped with a gun. That way everybody is equal in the sight of our gun sights. Nobody gets to rob, steal, rape or break in anymore because everybody's got a gun and nobody is stronger than anybody else. AND the govmn't can't tell us what to do either because their guns are no stronger than ours, right?

But look at history. There was a time when the gun hadn't been invented yet. So the perfect state of equilibrium then was that everybody had a knife, I guess, or a sword or something. There are societies to this day, the Sikh's for example that worship their knives - comparable to us worshipping our guns. Or the Japanese Samuri's who worshipped (some still do) their swords. There's always been a weapon fetish. The only thing that haschanged down the centuries is the weapon. Right now it's guns. But what's next?

What if somebody invented a weapon that would neutralize any opponent withoutkilling him, or even harming him? What if we had a weapon that would simply....I don't know...change the opponents mood? Cause him not to WANT to rape us, or rob us. Make him happy for a few minutes, long enough for us to get away without harm?

Wouldn't you guys still be agitating for the right to bear arms?You would wouldn't you? You've got your 2nd Amendment and you refuse to give itup, even if thedamn things go obsolete. Becauseyou love them. The goBANG! They make noise. They're heavy and steeely and they make a big holes in things. You feel better with one. That's why you take it to church with you. What are you gonna do with it in a Church? Nothing. But it makes you feel better, safer, stronger, more alive.

It's like those guys withthe Harleys. Those motorcycles that roar down the street with their muffler's compromised so that they make as much noise as possible. It's a gas! It's a thrill! It pisses people off when they go by rattling the windows all around and setting off everybodies car alarms! They love it. They love the chaos and the 'FREEDOM'!

Never mind that we're on theverge of having electric motorcycles that are cheaper, faster, safer,andwill be able to run rings around those internal combustion dynosaurs. The problem with the electrics isTHEY'RE TOO QUIET! You can't hear them COMING! You can't scare the daylights out of anybody with an electic goddamn motorcycle, goddammit!

Well get used to it mo..f...k....rs. The day is coming when your GUNS will be similarly obsolete. Nobody will be able to get the drop on anybody else because we'llall have a 'weapon' that will neutralize anybodywithout risk or harm to anybody. No more rapes because you'll pointyour weapon at him andhe'lljust lose interest. Something like that. And all this Jeffersonian, Patric Henryist bull@#$% will go by the wayside.

We'll all become mild mannered,ultra-polite, nebbishy, peace loving,autonomous, self-reliant, self protectors, because nobody will have any power over us greater than than the harmless but invincible'weapons' we will all'carry' that will neutralize any and all adversaries without bloodletting.

Wouldn't that be nice?
you dont think,,,,,

if there is a "weapon" that can make a rapist loose interest....
that weapon can be used to cause a woman to not mind getting raped,
or to make a bank not mind getting robbed, or ETC....

you havent had a good idea,, not even once since you started posting here..

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

swine wrote:

Well get used to it mo..f...k....rs. The day is coming when your GUNS will be similarly obsolete. Nobody will be able to get the drop on anybody else because we'llall have a 'weapon' that will neutralize anybodywithout risk or harm to anybody. No more rapes because you'll pointyour weapon at him andhe'lljust lose interest. Something like that. And all this Jeffersonian, Patric Henryist bull@#$% will go by the wayside.

Wouldn't that be nice?

QFT Especially the bold-red.

He's been using pretended civility to both protect himself, and hide his true attitude.

Time for a troll ban.

B

Bikenut

imported post

swine wrote:
Well, bikenut, I assure you in all honesty, and I've never been dishonest here, that I never heard of Saul Alinsky before you pointed him out to me. I've since googled him, of course, and based on what I've read, I don't have much use for him. Nope, no. I am just an elderly ritired banker who thinks it's a good idea to communicate with people who have differing opinions from mine.

Odd for someone who professes to not have heard of Saul Alinsky and not to have much use for him that you follow his Rules for Radicals when arguing your agenda.

The picture....of a bunch of grown men.....and women.....walking around....in the shopping malls....or the Radio Shacks....or Denny's...or Starbucks...with loaded guns on their hips.....isjust... plain....APPALLING!!! To me and to 'most' Americans. There really is no other way to put it. 2nd A rights debates; Brady bunch wingnuts, wild west fantasies, all that sh.t doesn't matter. It's just NUTS!!

Try to be honest... what you are really saying is that people carrying loaded guns on their hips right out there where you can see them makes you "feel scared" and makes you feel unable to control the man with a gun. And since you, in your arrogance, think you have a right to not feel scared and think you have the right to dictate how other people live then everyone else must not engage in any activity that makes you "feel scared" or not in control.

Not to mention that any display of the ability to refuse your control is proof positive that you have no control and therefore aren't Lord and Master as you want to be... is an insult to your arrogance and must be squashed in order to protect your fragile elitist ego.

It's all about you and your arrogant assumption that you are so special that you get to boss everyone else around.

Pathetic.
You, and those you claim to represent, are nothing more than wannabe tyrants desperately wanting the power to dictate to other people how they can live their lives according to your standards. And, because of your arrogant inflated estimation of your intellect and place in the universe, it annoys you to no end to discover that those you wish to dominate... are telling you, and those you claim to represent, in no uncertain terms with OC that we refuse to be, manipulated, scammed, Alinskyized, dominated, subjugated, or ruled by you or your ilk.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

What I don't get is this:

Time and again this troll starts a post to argue nonsense. His arguments are rebuked with page after page of facts, opinions and ridicule. Yet youhave not changed what he calls his "mind". I don't know why many of you, who are clearly smart people, bother engaging this fascist boob. Leftist malcontents like him aregeared to resist critical thinking that might compromise their programming. They respond with fragmented historical facts that leave out the entire picture, out of context statements, andnon-sequiter arguments.

Over and over I've seen some of the most illogical, self absorbed emotional bullscat a bed wetting moonbat can muster get properly refuted, to no avail. Just as it's common knowledge that hitler, stalin, mao, pol pot and all the other leftist despots were evil men who'satrocities are incalculable, you still have imbeciles out there who openly emulate them. As well as idiots who believe they could somehow make the marxist dogma the aforementioned monsters preached work for the benefit of society.

Regardless of the fact that "progressivism" has never enriched anyone besides elitist scumbags and the most heinous criminals, or that disarming populations has never made them safer, enhanced their liberty or reduced crime. We still have narrow minded dolts who insist on telling the rest of us that we'll be better off surrendering to the will of the ne'er do wells that promote these ideas.

Moonbats always wail about having "an open mind". If you can find a mind more locked up tight with delusional lies you're in a cult. That's essentially what liberalism is in general, a cult. It is a cohesive group of people devoted to beliefs that are based onfallacy and follow leaders who are usually charismatic sociopaths in nice clothing.

Please, stop feeding the troll:banghead:

Troll-Spray-atsof-545146_377_603.jpg

Because every time you feed a troll...

1350-30PCFLOORPUZZLE-KITTEN.jpg

God kills a kitten.

Please stop, stop it for the kittens.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bikenut wrote:
SNIP You, and those you claim to represent, are nothing more than wannabe tyrants desperately wanting the power to dictate to other people how they can live their lives according to your standards.
He's too stupid to realize that if the type of government he really wants ever comes to be in this country, he is in as much danger as the rest of us. The only thing keeping him alive and out of harm's way is the freedom and tolerance he is deriding.

swine

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Try to be honest... what you are really saying is that people carrying loaded guns on their hips right out there where you can see them makes you "feel scared" and makes you feel unable to control the man with a gun. And since you, in your arrogance, think you have a right to not feel scared and think you have the right to dictate how other people live then everyone else must not engage in any activity that makes you "feel scared" or not in control.

Thank you bikenut, you and I agree with the above amost 100%, AND it might just sum up our differences at the same time. The text in blue font I agree with, completely. The text in green I don't agree with, completely,AND I don't think the green text follows from the blue stuff.

An example of the truth of the blue text is "everyone else must not engage in any activity like drunk driving that makes me feel scared or not in control. It's calledthe rational restrictions on our freedoms necessaryfor living in a civilized society. Loaded guns in public rank with drunk driving in that class of no, no's.

Here's a new list for y'all the contemplate (A to Z):

eye95

imported post

Ya know eric, I cannot stand anything that poster has to say, so I am not defending his posts.

However, did you have to sink to that level? Take him to task for what he says and does. There is no need to be grossly insulting.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

eye95 wrote:
Ya know eric, I cannot stand anything that poster has to say, so I am not defending his posts.

However, did you have to sink to that level? Take him to task for what he says and does. There is no need to be grossly insulting.
+1

altajava

imported post

swine wrote:

Pretty dumb remark, eh?
Yep.

"If God had intended us to fly, we'd all been born with wings". Or "If God intended us to sail, we'd all been born with bilge pumps up the wazoo"

There are people who admit they don't belong behind the wheel of a car. Using the same logic as you do, all cars should be baned because a few are afraid or incapable of using them responsibly.

It amazes me how the anti-self defense crowd can argue against the 2nd amendment as if it is it's own entity and not apart of the Bill Of Rights.

USMC1911

imported post

The old quotes where made at a time when the majority of people knew right from wrong and had the guts to stand up and fight for what was right.

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see." Winston Churchill.
+1 Well said ! You don't have to stand tall, ... but you do have to Stand UP !

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

altajava wrote:
SNIP It amazes me how the anti-self defense crowd can argue against the 2nd amendment as if it is it's own entity and not apart of the Bill Of Rights.
Maybe that is Piggy's desire: for you to be amazed with him. "The AMAZING Piggy!"

By George, I think you have stumbled on it! Piggy just wants attention. :D:D:D:banghead:

B

Bikenut

imported post

swine wrote:
Bikenut wrote:

Thank you bikenut, you and I agree with the above amost 100%, AND it might just sum up our differences at the same time. The text in blue font I agree with, completely. The text in green I don't agree with, completely,AND I don't think the green text follows from the blue stuff.

An example of the truth of the blue text is "everyone else must not engage in any activity like drunk driving that makes me feel scared or not in control. It's calledthe rational restrictions on our freedoms necessaryfor living in a civilized society. Loaded guns in public rank with drunk driving in that class of no, no's.

Here's a new list for y'all the contemplate (A to Z):
Indeed... you admit that you think that no one should ever do anything that you don't like.... and the part in bold proves that you, in your arrogance, think that the world must appease you and not do anything that makes you feel scared and/or not in control. It really is all about you... and your estimation of yourself as the one and only important person on earth. All must bow to you and your "feelings".

The part in green is your opinion! based on the assumption that you, in your intellectual magnificence, are more qualified than anyone else to decide what are "rational restrictions" on the freedoms of others. But then... in your arrogance you believe that your opinion, and "feelings", should have the power of law just because you thought of or felt it.

And conflating loaded guns in public with drunk driving in order to equate the bad name that drunk driving has with loaded guns in public, and capitalize on that bad name to further demonize loaded guns in public, is a perfect example of Saul Alinsky tactics.

FAIL.

Dude... you, and those you claim to represent, need to understand that you are just not important enough to dictate how other people can live. And you never will be. Pisses you off right down to the bone doesn't it?

Why the new list? Lost the last argument? Time to change the discussion into a new area to further your agenda from a different perspective? Saul Alinsky anyone?

Again....... FAIL.

eye95

imported post

The above post is a perfect example of why this site needs just a little more moderation and why a good member is choosing not to post here anymore.

On edit: The post that was above this one has been deleted, so please don't think I was talking about bikenut. He is one of the rational posters around here.

Unfortunately the poster of the deleted post is still a member here (after having been banned once and bragging that he cannot really be banned). So, while appreciated, the level of moderation in this thread still is not, IMO, enough.