• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

Darth Tater

imported post

At any point in time did this individual quote you a code, a s statute, or anything?

Sheepdawg

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
Varmint, I am saying that the ammo is legal, not illegal. Hydrashoks are available at any good gun store, or gun show. I want to know two things:

1) Why were these three law abiding citizensaccosted, detained, handcuffed, their weapons confiscated, and the weapons held for the last 36-48 hours.

2) Why aretheir weaponsbeing "logged into evidence"? No one has been charged with a crime. (To the best of my knowledge) Why isn't their ammoreturned with the weapons? If you take the weapons with the ammo, why can't you return the weapons with the ammo? Do they think they are going to make N Las Vegas safer if they just keep taking away our bullets, harassing us when we go out, and using other police state tactics? (Your papiz please. Your papiz are not in order. Can you step outside please.)
NOTE: we were never handcuffed

Darth Tater

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Darth Tator wrote:
Varmint, I am saying that the ammo is legal, not illegal. Hydrashoks are available at any good gun store, or gun show. I want to know two things:

1) Why were these three law abiding citizensaccosted, detained, handcuffed, their weapons confiscated, and the weapons held for the last 36-48 hours.

2) Why aretheir weaponsbeing "logged into evidence"? No one has been charged with a crime. (To the best of my knowledge) Why isn't their ammoreturned with the weapons? If you take the weapons with the ammo, why can't you return the weapons with the ammo? Do they think they are going to make N Las Vegas safer if they just keep taking away our bullets, harassing us when we go out, and using other police state tactics? (Your papiz please. Your papiz are not in order. Can you step outside please.)
I thought they handcuffed you so they could confiscate your weapons. Please changemy original post to read "accosted, detained, DISARMED, weapons confiscated, and the weapons held for the last 36-48 hours. My mistake.

Sheepdawg

imported post

Darth Tator wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
I thought they handcuffed you so they could confiscate your weapons. Please changemy original post to read "accosted, detained, DISARMED, weapons confiscated, and the weapons help for the last 36-48 hours. My mistake.
I was restrained physically while another officer removed my gun. My friends were not restrained that I saw.

Jared

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Jared wrote:
You need to sue, it's a slam dunk case. 42 USC 1983. Either sue and try to put them out on the street and take their house and car..... or you can sit there and be mad at a computer while they laugh about you at their police station.

The choice is yours.
I understand what your saying, but I don't want the tax payers money. I want my gun and ammo back, the officer to receive some sort of reprimand, and a formal apoligy. Maybe if I had been arrested my feelings would be different thats all I want.

The officers acted outside the scope of their employment. The city does not have to pay unless they decide to.

It will happen again until someone has to pay out money or a cop is fired over it.

By you just asking for an apology won't do any good... just dont lose sleep over your anger. They won this and they will do it again.

Good guys finish last....

icode

imported post

Jared wrote:
Sheepdawg wrote:
Jared wrote:
You need to sue, it's a slam dunk case. 42 USC 1983. Either sue and try to put them out on the street and take their house and car..... or you can sit there and be mad at a computer while they laugh about you at their police station.

The choice is yours.
I understand what your saying, but I don't want the tax payers money. I want my gun and ammo back, the officer to receive some sort of reprimand, and a formal apoligy. Maybe if I had been arrested my feelings would be different thats all I want.

The officers acted outside the scope of their employment. The city does not have to pay unless they decide to.

It will happen again until someone has to pay out money or a cop is fired over it.

By you just asking for an apology won't do any good... just dont lose sleep over your anger. They won this and they will do it again.

I appreciate your nobility in that you don't want the tax payers money. These cops need to be stopped! Sue their pants off!

Decoligny

imported post

Sue thier pants off and then donate the money to a worthy Gun Rights charity or some firearms legal defense fund. This will help stop these rogue police officers from acting under color of law, and it will help others defend against any further illegal actions by these #$%#$%#$%'s

icode

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Sue thier pants off and then donate the money to a worthy Gun Rights charity or some firearms legal defense fund. This will help stop these rogue police officers from acting under color of law, and it will help others defend against any further illegal actions by these #$%#$%#$%'s
Absolutely, if you feel bad about keeping the money. Otherwise take the money and buy a a$$ load more guns! :celebrate

vinnie

imported post

Sue them, Sue them HARD!! It is not "the taxpayer" $$$ at that point, it is "city budget $$" HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS!! The wallet. If you cost them enough they may have to lay off the cop who cost them so much. At least you will be making some higher ups life miserable by re figuring a budgetr.

shotdown

imported post

WOW. The cop had all sorts of bad info. Sorry that had to happen to you. Hopefully everything turns out well. When everything is said and done, let us know everything.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Jared wrote:

The choice is yours.
I understand what your saying, but I don't want the tax payers money.  I want my gun and ammo back, the officer to receive some sort of reprimand, and a formal apoligy.  Maybe if I had been arrested my feelings would be different thats all I want.
The only way you'll get anything close to satisfaction is by suing. If the taxpayers don't want to pay you their money, they shouldn't give criminals with badges carte blanche to violate rights on a whim.

If you don't sue, you are doing the entire country a disservice by allowing injustice to be perpetrated without demanding recompense. Money talks, and it's the only apology that counts.

FreedomJoyAdventure

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Darth Tator wrote:
I hate to jump in, but I cannot keep my mouth shut. I have been "lurking" on this post for a couple or three weeks now. Something else I would like to know, why was ourmanthejokers ammo confiscated? If he is carrying hydrashoks like his post says, those are legal for civilians to own/carry. I have Ranger SXT's in my G23, and some Black Talons I have had for 15 years in my G21. What gives the cop the right to augment their ammo supply at his expense? I am a little too close to this case, I happen to know one of the individuals (sheepdawg) personnally. I also know, he is responsible, and quite well versed in the laws. He is the one who got me onto this site in the first place.
They took our ammo with our guns and said when go and pick up our guns they probably will not return the ammo. Cop didn't say why, he just said thats usually the way they do it.

They're used to getting away with petty theft.

It's harder to get away with stealing your gun because there's a serial number involved.

ianto94

imported post

Sheepdawg wrote:
Jared wrote:

The choice is yours.

Just to be clear, those officers were plainly acting within the scope of their employment and under color of state law, so a Sec. 1983 lawsuit would lie against both them and the city. They received an official call and tool action based on the call. Their action was unlawful. Sue them.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

You said they were going to give you your gun back on a Tuesday a while back. Did this ever happen? How about the ammo, did they return it with the ammo?

ourmanthejoker

imported post

I went to get my gun. I got it back Tuesday morning. I received no ammo back, and asked them for a receipt instead. They would not provide one. I asked the reason why my gun was taken. They replied that it was "probably because of the alcohol"