• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So my gun was illegally taken away tonight

varminter22

imported post

FLR72 wrote:
I only posted this “story” because there might be someone who would just rather avoid any problems or harassment, whether the police arewright or wrong, and have a nice evening with there wife or girlfriend ect.

As for your correction of the officer he was the desk sergeant on duty June 16[suP]th[/suP] 2008 @ mid day at the Green Valley station in Henderson. Feel free to contact him with your concerns.
And we thank you for posting.

Unfortuntately, I am in northern Nevada. Methinks it more appropriate for the offended party (or others in southern Nevada) to approach that office and let them know the officer needs "training."

You don'tprovide the officer's name, date of incident, telephone number, mail/email address, etc. However, even with that info, I'll be (effectively) saying, "Hey, I read on the internet a story from some guy (that I don't know) that one of your officers (that I don't know) disseminated incorrect/unlawful info (but I wasn't there), etc, etc." You see the point??

Methinks itbest if YOU stand for yourself and all law abiding citizens and take the appropriate action!!!

jfrey123

imported post

FLR72 wrote:
FYI this may have been resolved already but when I registered my gun in Henderson in June I was told, by a officer, I was able to O.C. with gun on my hip and no other way. I.E. duct taped to my head stapled to my a#$.

If he gave you those smartass staple and duct tape answers, you should've asked if it's legal to let your big Glock swing between your legs...... :celebrate

On a serious note, open is open. Thigh rig, ankle carry outside your pants, etc is all legal. The only problem I can foresee would be if you shoulder carry. A cop could make the argument that a firearm tucked in your armpit is concealed by your body and bicept.

Laws are relatively silent in that manner. Cop might've been trying to protect you by simply saying you need to have it way out in the open...

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
On a serious note, open is open. Thigh rig, ankle carry outside your pants, etc is all legal. The only problem I can foresee would be if you shoulder carry. A cop could make the argument that a firearm tucked in your armpit is concealed by your body and bicept.

Assuming you have no coat, I would say that a shoulder holster should be fine as it would be discernible by ordinary observation and that is all the law requires. A cop could make the argument but I think it would fail.

I wouldn't want to be in possession of a jacket or coat though if I was wearing a shoulder holster because they might be able to lie and say you were wearing it.