• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

hatjob

first post..no issues

well this is my first post. i joined the forum over the course of this last deployment and have been quietly reading and absorbing. only been home a few days:banana: and OC almost every day with no issues. went to south tacoma auto on thurs and fri to finalize paperwork. some of the salesmen had a few questions but nothing there.
went to Walmart in Lakewood on sat, a few looks but nothing there.

on a side note, i have been trying to keep up with 9.41 and the forum to see if any new laws have come out. besides DC and all that nonsense, has WA changed anything on a state level?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
well this is my first post. i joined the forum over the course of this last deployment and have been quietly reading and absorbing. only been home a few days:banana: and OC almost every day with no issues. went to south tacoma auto on thurs and fri to finalize paperwork. some of the salesmen had a few questions but nothing there.

on a side note, i have been trying to keep up with 9.41 and the forum to see if any new laws have come out. besides DC and all that nonsense, has WA changed anything on a state level?

Welcome back home! Great job reading and absorbing!

No nothing new in our RCW's concerning restrictions carrying firearms. Carry on!

jt59

.....and welcome to the forum!

decklin

Welcome to the forum Hatjob!

Today I oc'd to Scarff Subaru to pick up a check and went to Doxon Toyota to drop it off and get a service performed on the truck.
No issues except for the old man at Doxon who was desperately trying to engage me in a staring contest.
Went to Walmart to get stuff for dinner and in the checkout had a short conversation with a woman. She asked what I was carrying and then told me her son carries a 9mm.
Then off to Verity CU.
All in all there were no issues and it was a good day.

LkWd_Don

Being that you are in the JBLM area, maybe we can meet up at the Lakewood Towne Center Starbucks sometime.
My favorite, the one next to the Firestone, and City Hall.
With my school schedule, and other commitments, Saturday afternoons are generally best for me.

SeattleWingsfan

Ok, so a customer, older gentleman, who hsa been coming to the shop for years. Comes in today to get new windsheild wipers put on his car. One of my friends and military customers is in the office in his civi's. after he walked out the older chap said "that just Irks me". I said what. He said that guy was strapped. I said ok. And he said all those people should leave it at home. To which I stood up from my desk so he could see my XD on my side. he said you too? I said every day you have been in this shop I have had a gun on, there are targets hanging on the wall behind my desk and my counter mat on my desk is one of the Springfield counter mats. And you've never said a word to me. He claimed he never noticed. he said carring a gun offends him.

Who knows if he will come back. There is no point trying to argue a point with someone like this. but it clearly shows how many anti gun people are simply oblivious to whats around them till things are pointed out to them on tv and news sources. I'd gladly lose a customer if he really feels scared being in my shop. I don't need your financial support if you can't support my civil rights.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Ok, so a customer, older gentleman, who hsa been coming to the shop for years. Comes in today to get new windsheild wipers put on his car. One of my friends and military customers is in the office in his civi's. after he walked out the older chap said "that just Irks me". I said what. He said that guy was strapped. I said ok. And he said all those people should leave it at home. To which I stood up from my desk so he could see my XD on my side. he said you too? I said every day you have been in this shop I have had a gun on, there are targets hanging on the wall behind my desk and my counter mat on my desk is one of the Springfield counter mats. And you've never said a word to me. He claimed he never noticed. he said carring a gun offends him.

Who knows if he will come back. There is no point trying to argue a point with someone like this. but it clearly shows how many anti gun people are simply oblivious to whats around them till things are pointed out to them on tv and news sources. I'd gladly lose a customer if he really feels scared being in my shop. I don't need your financial support if you can't support my civil rights.

Wow, yes some are oblivious, although no one should be surprised a guy who can't put his own windshield wipers on his car is oblivious.

SeattleWingsfan

Wow, yes some are oblivious, although no one should be surprised a guy who can't put his own windshield wipers on his car is oblivious.

It boggles me how many people can't do the easiest things. I swear the world is split into 3 groups. People that come from generations of book learning people who don't know the difference between a screw and a nail, a group that has for generations been self sufficient, can figure out things, but might not know salt is sodium cloride. And another group that seems to be getting smaller and smaller that are well rounded, open minded, an combine the first two groups.

My brother in law at christmas couldn't figure out why the game he got his son wouldn't work at christmas. He is a financial guru making lots of money, but couldn't see that there was battery door held closed with a phillips screw.

Last edited:

SeattleWingsfan

Ok since it's been done before. I just know it is not welcome on NWfirearms.

I own a small auto repair facility in lakewood that does everything from oil changes to putting a toyota supra motor in a rx7. Any fabrication can be done as well. I just made a custom motorized vehicle safe to hold a AR-15 and 2 pistols for the back of a SUV.

A couple people have already asked for quotes on work. If you are interested in anything PM me.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

To be rather blunt, I would like to see your business listed as....
___ auto repair located at ____is a 2A supporting OC carry friendly business who will welcome you and your gun.
So... Where are you located?

cpgrad08

Ok since it's been done before. I just know it is not welcome on NWfirearms.

I own a small auto repair facility in lakewood that does everything from oil changes to putting a toyota supra motor in a rx7. Any fabrication can be done as well. I just made a custom motorized vehicle safe to hold a AR-15 and 2 pistols for the back of a SUV.

A couple people have already asked for quotes on work. If you are interested in anything PM me.

We need to meet up again.

SeattleWingsfan

To be rather blunt, I would like to see your business listed as....
___ auto repair located at ____is a 2A supporting OC carry friendly business who will welcome you and your gun.
So... Where are you located?

Forward Motion Performance, located at 10529 Lakeview ave Suite A&B in Lakewood WA is a 2A supporting OC carry friendly business who will welcome you and your gun. Feel free to call, If I don't answer please leave a message and I will get right back to you ASAP. 253-324-6690

hatjob

Being that you are in the JBLM area, maybe we can meet up at the Lakewood Towne Center Starbucks sometime.
My favorite, the one next to the Firestone, and City Hall.
With my school schedule, and other commitments, Saturday afternoons are generally best for me.

i think a meet would be a good start for me since im new and all.

OrangeIsTrouble

Renton walmart. At checkout, and noticed out of the corner of my eye the gentlemen standing in front of the exit glancing at me. Checked out and walked towards exit prepared to politely refuse to a reciept check as he moved towards me but he asked if he could shake my hand. :what: Then he thanked me for carrying open. 30 seconds later Renton popo coincidentally showed up, motioned to door greeter and they walked away and I got the hell outta there.

Made my night!