• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
7/1 Dash Point

GreenIsFaster was in the area doing some fishing and crabbing at Dash Point. He sent me a text so I stopped by to say hello since I live 5 minutes from the pier. Pics or it didn't happen.....

259803_1416954480375_1728023493_683182_4713073_n.jpg

Also, while down at Redondo beach I noticed their annual "No Fireworks" signs were posted. Last year the signs read "no fireworks/no firearms", which Deros and I took pictures and email the city council of Des Moines. This year the sign is correct and omits any mention of firearms.

tombrewster421

Went up to Mt. Rainier yesterday sporting my new holster. It's a Blade-Tech duty holster with the WRS retention. It also allows me to carry with my tactical light/laser on the gun. It's much bigger and sticks out much farther than the IWB that I'm used to. Of course I had to leave the gun in the car when I entered the Federal Buildings up there. I kept the holster on though. No comments. I also wore my new holster the night before on a double date to The Keg in University Place and then to the Galaxy 8 theater next to it. Also no comments that night. Still feels weird though, it'll take some getting used to. Next I'm going to buy the modular mount system from Blade-Tech so I can switch the holster from my belt to my thigh rig easily.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309710449.900550.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309710449.900550.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 163

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
7/2 Seattle

On Saturday I had reason to be downtown. I walked the waterfront with my girlfriend and had lunch, visited the John T Williams Memorial Totem Pole project. Mingled with thousands of tourists that were among the 3 cruise ships docked. Not once did anyone scream or run away. No children were injured in my open carry. No police detentions, nada. Not sure if anyone really noticed...a reminder to newbies, if you behave like you belong, you are polite, professional and courteous...no one will notice and those that do will be assured that you belong.

269754_1417730739781_1728023493_684204_2555929_n.jpg

264216_1417730059764_1728023493_684203_348670_n.jpg

262082_1417731139791_1728023493_684206_4914187_n.jpg

261989_1417731579802_1728023493_684207_725950_n.jpg

261571_1417731939811_1728023493_684208_2408310_n.jpg

G20-IWB24/7

Freedom Fair

Just got back from the Freedom Fair with the family. My wife and I were pushing the kiddos in the stroller, I was OC my G19 & a spare mag, wife was CC her .380 as usual. A couple of friendly inquiries along the lines of "Have you ever had an issue open-carrying? I CC, but I've never OC'd..." but must've walked past a hundred LEOs and not one of them stopped to talk with us.

Happy 4th Everyone!

jt59

The wife and I were down at the Freedom Fair from about 1-4pm. I had my Springfield, full size 1911 this day. After stopping at a variety of booths, talking to a bunch of folks, we mostly got questions on model and such. All positive, no freaking, and "nice sidearm" kind of stuff.....after a couple of hours, up and down the walk, past all the LEO's with not a glance, I asked her if she was noticing anything about the questions or reactions of the folks...."it's all good", she said.

I had an eye out for any other OC'rs, but am sorry I missed you guys.....

The Warthog has great BBQ...

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Kent Cornicopia....

Deros and I headed down to the Kent Cornucopia Days in downtown Kent this afternoon. We were there for a couple of hours wandering around. Stopped by the VFW booth where they are raffling off one of Deros original pieces of art. Also stopped by the GOP booth and talked about McKenna and looked at their pocket Constitutions. Later while passing the Democrat booth Deros asked if they had any Constitutions...their response was...."maybe at home." Sigh....

Walked by and near dozens of police, talked with a few and never had any mention of our sidearms. Many booth owners and regular citizens did ask us questions about OC and about my shirt ("I love guns and coffee"), handed out a few pamphlets and enjoyed a great sausage sandwich.

Ajetpilot

I took my wife and two grandchildren out to lunch at Blue Cannon Pizza on Borgan Ave, Gig Harbor. Outstanding food. Had a "Cannonball Sandwich" made with huge meatballs on a soft roll. Then we strolled through Big 5 across the parking lot. Later, we headed for Uptown Gig Harbor on Point Fosdick and visited many different stores. We finished the afternoon with ice cream cones at Ben and Jerry's. Never got more than just a look, even at B&J's.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
7/9 Downtown Seattle

I was in downtown Seattle yesterday, for about the 3rd time this month, with my 17yo daughter and my parents. We walked through Pike's Place Market and around town. There was at least one cruise ship docked and thousands of tourists. There was a 'naked' bike ride on 1st Ave about 3:15pm. The streets were packed! Not one word was said about my Sig P250 the entire time. I know many question carrying in such a large crowd, but I have never had any issues and am prepared for anything.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Longview, WA. July 9th

Had to do some recon for work for a project that starts next week. While taking a lunch break there was a church group doing a car wash. I pulled the truck in and as I got out 4 adults and several kids descended upon the truck. A few of the adults positively commented on my gun stickers and one gentleman and I chatted for a bit about guns and and Open Carry in the Longview/Kelso area. Evidently there are a few guys who carry that the church folks know (there's one guy in particular if you read the board, I would like for you to contact me.)

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Spent the whole day at the Woodland park zoo, no children or animals were injured the whole time. At the very end while my kids were in the petting zoo a guy asked if I was a LEO, I said nope. He said "I didn't know you could carry like that". I explained that WA and 42 other states permit OC, and about that time a pregnant lady that overheard our conversation and piped in (positively) about OC and CC. I forget exactly what she said, but definitely in my/our favor. I keep hearing about these negative encounters people have had, and knock on wood I have never had anything negative said (at least to my face).

mtlhdtodd

Spent all day yesterday in the downtown area of Renton at a car show. Nary a peep except from a volunteer who said "I hate guns and they're not allowed in my house." I just blew her off and no one asked me to leave the show so I considered it an overall good day.

tony d tiger

in and around Lacey

Let's see - today I was at a few businesses:
Bavarian Corner - normally I'll enjoy a nice cabbage roll or rouladen - but today there was also BBQ... smoked ribs, home-made pickles and potato salad. :yum
Tacoma Screw - needed to get some stuff; while there I picked up a knipex tool (86 03 180) to work on the travel trailer - really slick the way these operate; like an adjustable wrench/pliers. Better grip, and narrower jaws too...
Coumbs RV - nice folk in here - GAVE me the part I needed (a simple plastic cap, but still...)
J&S and earlier in the day, Cascade Arms, where I found a new-to-me friend. ;D

Yep, a nice open-carry day in the South Sound!
Tomorrow I think I'll head up to Surplus Arms & Ammo and pick up some .38 special ammunition to check out the new addition!

tony d tiger

In and around the South Sound

Lacey:
Coffee and pastry at John's Mountain Home Bakery on Pacific (by the post office).
Fuel stop at Nisqually Chevron - guy at the next pump wanted to talk 1911's... YaY!

Several pawn shops in Ponders, and a quick stop in the Surplus Ammo shop
Lakewood's Hess Bakery & Deli for German lunchmeats and good rye bread (and some great pretzel rolls)
Also stopped at the Walgreen's nearby to get stamps (post office had a line *empty holster* earlier)

Belfair:
Safeway store and a nice little smoke shop nearby for a couple sticks - just remembered, they're still out in the car(!) better bring them in and put them in the humidor :D

Back in Lacey - stopped at the local Safeway for some stuff that wouldn't keep while I was out and about.

Other'n the friendly guy at the gas station, not one person said anything to me... just another day takin' care of business. Oh - and the guy at Surplus Ammo - hehe... somebody thought I worked there because I had a gun on my hip - wanted to ask me some questions about ammo or something in the aisle where I was... :D

TechnoWeenie

Oh - and the guy at Surplus Ammo - hehe... somebody thought I worked there because I had a gun on my hip - wanted to ask me some questions about ammo or something in the aisle where I was... :D

Happens all the time to me..

Chester is a good guy... vast resource of knowledge.