• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

1245A Defender

imported post

hey bear it would be interesting to read anything from the state of oregon that makes post office carry AOK.
i personally think carrying for "any lawful perpose should make us legal,, and incident to hunting is another phrase that i think exempts all lawful carry.
the only guns that they should be worried about, are the ones that are carried by criminals!

Ajetpilot

imported post

Looking at the situation from a Risk v. Reward POV:

Risk: IIRC, the penalty is only a $50 fine and up to 90 days, but what judge is going to impose the full 90 incarceration on a first timer?

Reward: Carrying the tool that could possibly save one's life into a lonely rural building in the middle of a moonless night, or a deserted building on a weekend.

If anyone can find the cite regarding penalty, please provide.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Looking at the situation from a Risk v. Reward POV:

Risk: IIRC, the penalty is only a $50 fine and up to 90 days, but what judge is going to impose the full 90 incarceration on a first timer?

Reward: Carrying the tool that could possibly save one's life into a lonely rural building in the middle of a moonless night, or a deserted building on a weekend.

If anyone can find the cite regarding penalty, please provide.
+a life saved possibly.

I like the way you think.

:celebrate

Bear 45/70

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
hey bear it would be interesting to read anything from the state of oregon that makes post office carry AOK.
i personally think carrying for "any lawful perpose should make us legal,, and incident to hunting is another phrase that i think exempts all lawful carry.
the only guns that they should be worried about, are the ones that are carried by criminals!
The wife and I just took an Oregon CPL class(we travel there a lot)and the instructor said so and has the info in the booklet hand out. I will dig it out and let you know what it says.

amzbrady

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Keys here are ON Postal Property

Title 39: Postal Service
PART 232—CONDUCT ON POSTAL PROPERTY

§232.1Conduct on postal property.
(a) Applicability. This section applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, to all tenant agencies, and to all persons entering in or on such property. This section shall be posted and kept posted at a conspicuous place on all such property.

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

Our post office owns the parking lot to the sidewalks at the streets.

Rarely does the Post Office actually own the parking lot. In most smaller Post Offices the parking lot belongs to the strip mall or whoever they lease the building from. Their rules only apply in the Post Officeprper and then only if there is no other business in the same room. My local Post office leases the part of the building they are in, hence they can not prevent you from leaving handgun in your car. On top of that with the Heller Decision, it is actually illegal for the Post Office to ban guns completely anyway. But then again it has always been past or present postal employees doing the shooting, so why are patrons prevent from having firearms? Besides that if you conceal, how the hell would they know you have a gun anyway?
Very small Incorporated town, the Post Office is off all by its lonesome. Thats why it's my pet peeve. If I go in after 4:00pm when its closed, to the public boxes, why do I have to disarm or why cant I legally leave the firearm in the car locked. I dont much care anywhere else, but this is a small town and that is a Federal Building. I like to think I know All our officers in town, I tow impounded vehicles and am on a first name basis with them, but they are Law Enforcement Officers and I'm not taking any chances. They all know I carry.
So just leave it in the car out of sight, who the hell is gonna bother to look or even care. Local cops really don't give a rats about federal laws all that much anyway. Hell, the state of Oregoncontends that the Post Office is NOT off limits for carry.
I have this whole morals and convictionsthing going with not breaking the law. Besides last thing I want to do is chance losing my cpl for a federal offense. Second to last thing I wanna do is have anti's saying see the carry guys dont care about laws, so they are criminals too.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I have this whole morals and convictionsthing going with not breaking the law. Besides last thing I want to do is chance losing my cpl for a federal offense. Second to last thing I wanna do is have anti's saying see the carry guys dont care about laws, so they are criminals too.

So you are saying you will follow the law, even when that lawis illegal? Not me I ignore illegal laws as every good citizen should. The government does not have the right to restrict firearms, the 2nd Amendment says so in plain language as do the "Federalist Papers" which explains even further what the Founding Fathers intended.

You have a real distorted view on the gun thing. The anti's already think we are breaking the law, even though it is them who are doing the illegal stuff.
rolleyes.gif

Your way pretty much means we will loose all our gun rights.

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:

So you are saying you will follow the law, even when that lawis illegal? Not me I ignore illegal laws as every good citizen should. The government does not have the right to restrict firearms, the 2nd Amendment says so in plain language as do the "Federalist Papers" which explains even further what the Founding Fathers intended.

You have a real distorted view on the gun thing. The anti's already think we are breaking the law, even though it is them who are doing the illegal stuff.
rolleyes.gif

+1 :celebrate

Whooo I am starting to like the way you think too!

amzbrady

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

rolleyes.gif

If its a law on the books, Yes I will follow it.I used to not, but found, "I dont like jail". call me a sheeple, Say I'm an anti. I am who I am. I do support changing laws that do not make sense. We went through this before, in fact I think it was you that said the exact same thing to me 3 months ago. That is what I believe and I respect what you believe. Our differences in opinionare what make us indeviduals, even though we fight for some of thesame causes.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

rolleyes.gif

If its a law on the books, Yes I will follow it.I used to not, but found, "I dont like jail". call me a sheeple, Say I'm an anti. I am who I am. I do support changing laws that do not make sense. We went through this before, in fact I think it was you that said the exact same thing to me 3 months ago. That is what I believe and I respect what you believe. Our differences in opinionare what make us indeviduals, even though we fight for some of thesame causes.
You have an obligation as a citizen to tell the government if they are wrong, since they do work for you. Theonly way you can do that is to not obey illegal and/or unconstitutional laws, which is not only an obligation but your right. But by all means do as you wish, but when your rights disappear because of your obsession for follow all laws; legal, illegal and unconstitutional;don't complain because you have gotten what you asked for, a tyrannical government.

amzbrady

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

rolleyes.gif

You have an obligation as a citizen to tell the government if they are wrong, since they do work for you. Theonly way you can do that is to not obey illegal and/or unconstitutional laws, which is not only an obligation but your right. But by all means do as you wish, but when your rights disappear because of your obsession for follow all laws; legal, illegal and unconstitutional;don't complain because you have gotten what you asked for, a tyrannical government.
I slightly disagree. Yes I as every other American does have an obligation as a citizen to tell the government they are wrong. Not obeying laws is not the only way to do that. The best way to do that is to stand up together lawfully as WE THE PEOPLE. Our rights will disappear because one person broke the law and everyone stood around watching instead of organizing and standing up together in the first place.
A perfect example was at the capitol against the AWB. Gun owners organized and stood up together, after making sure everyone knew not to break the law, and they were able to keep a bad law from happening in the first place, so no one would have to break the law, trying to stand against it later.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

BACK ON TOPIC!

3/1Best Buy in Tukwilla, milled around for 45 minutes or so...

3/1 Starbucks on W Valley, smiled and was very nice to everyone as they were to me, I was looking for one of the Brady's (Marsha) but didn't see her :lol:

3/1 Fred Meyer in Federal Way

3/1 Circle K in Federal Way (Twin Lakes)

p.s. while your argument is nice, please start another thread and leave this to OC in the S Sound :cuss:

Bear 45/70

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
BACK ON TOPIC!

3/1 Starbucks on W Valley, smiled and was very nice to everyone as they were to me, I was looking for one of the Brady's (Marsha) but didn't see her :lol:

p.s. while your argument is nice, please start another thread and leave this to OC in the S Sound :cuss:
This thread is now going back to the inane. I've been OC EVERYDAY for over 3 years now and I just don't think you guys really get what OC is actually about. It's not about tooting your own horn, but doing it without fanfareor blowing your own horn about it.
rolleyes.gif

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
BACK ON TOPIC!

This thread is now going back to the inane. I've been OC EVERYDAY for over 3 years now and I just don't think you guys really get what OC is actually about. It's not about tooting your own horn, but doing it without fanfareor blowing your own horn about it.
rolleyes.gif
Threads are free Bear, so feel free to start your own. I took this idea of an 'inane' thread from the Virginia forum. It is meant to show lurkers, newbies and silent 'Brady' watchers what reality is, that it is inane. I found this site a few months back and I can say from experience a thread like this gives you some courage to start to OC. That is what I intend to do, I hope you have respect for that. Not every thread needs a drawn out argument as to the details of RCWs, USC, case law, etc.. I do appreciate those threads but that is not this thread.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

3/2 Had to do a little traveling outside of my store today. Redmond McDonalds for lunch. Manager smiled another customer smiled. After lunch went across the street to the Starbucks to get a cup of java, again no worries, just smiles.

3/2 Westlake Center and Bank of America nearby. Spent about 15-20 minutes on the street and a few minutes in a couple of shops. Nike Town, Banana Republic.

I will be back downtown tomorrow about 10ish to buy my daily cup of coffee at Starbucks #1

swatspyder

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Open Carried while reading from the top to the bottom and all the way from the bottom to the top of this thread. Wouldnt it be cool if they put the ...

OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum > Stories From The States > Washington > South Sound OC Report........
thing at the bottom too so you didnt have to scroll all the way back up every time.:cry:
Hit the "Home" key :lol:

kenzmad

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:
BACK ON TOPIC!

rolleyes.gif
Threads are free Bear, so feel free to start your own. I took this idea of an 'inane' thread from the Virginia forum. It is meant to show lurkers, newbies and silent 'Brady' watchers what reality is, that it is inane. I found this site a few months back and I can say from experience a thread like this gives you some courage to start to OC. That is what I intend to do, I hope you have respect for that. Not every thread needs a drawn out argument as to the details of RCWs, USC, case law, etc.. I do appreciate those threads but that is not this thread.

That is exactly right gogodawgs. I have been an avid CC'r for 17 years. I have been watching this thread for a while now as I want to start to OC sometimes. I have been looking for OC friendly places in my area as I do not want my first day out to be confrontational. I will admit that I chickened out today. I was holsterd up and ready to go but I started thinkin. Is Wells Fargo the first place I should do this? Changed holsters covered the G26 up and went to the bank. I am close, but just need to get on with it. Keep this thread alive as I am sure that I am not the only one watching.

kenzmad

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kenzmad wrote:
That is exactly right gogodawgs. I have been an avid CC'r for 17 years. I have been watching this thread for a while now as I want to start to OC sometimes. I have been looking for OC friendly places in my area as I do not want my first day out to be confrontational. I will admit that I chickened out today. I was holsterd up and ready to go but I started thinkin. Is Wells Fargo the first place I should do this? Changed holsters covered the G26 up and went to the bank. I am close, but just need to get on with it. Keep this thread alive as I am sure that I am not the only one watching.

kenzmad
Welcome to OCDO. There are lots of safe places to start. Start at someplace you always go, start with your coat on say in Fred Meyer's and after a few minutes take it off and lay it in the cart. No one will notice.