• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

2/20 EVERYONE WAS OPEN CARRYING TODAY!!!! I saw litterally dozens doing so!!! Wow!

Ok, so I was at the WAC gun show but yay! Talked to a bunch of folk today, and it is all good. There is still alot of serial mis-information about OC, but one by one it gets better. Saw, M1Gunr, SpyderTattoo, MassiveDesign today as well. Oh, also DaveWorkman!

2/20 7-11 across from the fairgrounds as I had to get a Dt. Mt. Dew for my drive home.

swatspyder

imported post

2/20 - Ruston Way Waterfront
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ruston+Way&daddr=Ruston+Way&hl=en&geocode=FeB60QIdIRGz-A%3BFS1h0QIdNkiz-A&mra=cc&dirflg=w&sll=47.279127,-122.473547&sspn=0.010802,0.027874&ie=UTF8&ll=47.279214,-122.474105&spn=0.010802,0.027874&t=h&z=16
Took a walk along the sidewalk with my girlfriend. No one said anything, but there is no way anyone missed it. Was carrying my camera on my left side, slung over my shoulder. Tons of people were walking around down there. It was a beautiful day.

2/20 - Safeway @ 40th and Bridgeport Way W

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=safeway,&hl=en&cd=1&ei=_5mAS6XGN4GmjgOX9vmNBQ&sll=47.221321,-122.537878&sspn=0.002703,0.006968&dirflg=w&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=14154348197102503578&ved=0CEMQpQY&hq=safeway,&hnear=&ll=47.221171,-122.539101&spn=0.010813,0.027874&t=h&z=16
There were a few people in the store that saw my pistol. One lady that was in produce literally stopped and was staring at me from about 10 feet away until I asked an employee in produce if I could have a bag that was hanging over her head. I couldn't reach it. The only person that said anything to me was a female courtesy clerk that was bagging the groceries that my girlfriend and I picked out. She said, "I cant argue with you," as she looked at the firearm on my hip. I chuckled and could only say, "There's nothing to worry about, it's alright." I then said thank you to the cashier and the courtesy clerk and we went home to make chicken cesar salad.

amzbrady

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
2/20 EVERYONE WAS OPEN CARRYING TODAY!!!! I saw litterally dozens doing so!!! Wow!

Ok, so I was at the WAC gun show but yay! Talked to a bunch of folk today, and it is all good. There is still alot of serial mis-information about OC, but one by one it gets better. Saw, M1Gunr, SpyderTattoo, MassiveDesign today as well. Oh, also DaveWorkman!

2/20 7-11 across from the fairgrounds as I had to get a Dt. Mt. Dew for my drive home.
have to california open carry at the gun show, huh.

shad0wfax

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
gogodawgs wrote:

have to california open carry at the gun show, huh.
Yeah, the WAC guys usually make you zip-tie your actions open too. Lewis and Clark Traders over here on the east side do the same thing at their gun shows, which are less restrictive on private FTF sales than the WAC guys are.

amzbrady

imported post

I dont understand why, seems like if someones going to do something, they would walk in with a pocket full of ammo and just pick up a gun and load it, or walk in with a full mag and find a gun it would fit. Dont see why us responsible owners cant be trusted?

swatspyder

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
I dont understand why, seems like if someones going to do something, they would walk in with a pocket full of ammo and just pick up a gun and load it, or walk in with a full mag and find a gun it would fit. Dont see why us responsible owners cant be trusted?
"Safety reasons" don't you know? :?

shad0wfax

imported post

amzbrady wrote:

Two words for you...

Event Insurance

That's pretty much your answer. Not many people can handle the financial burden of self-insuring (or not insuring) a large event where firearms are being handled by a large number of people. Eventually someone somewhere is going to have an accidental discharge and there's a chance someone might be hurt. If (more likely when) that happens a subsequent lawsuit is almost a guarantee.

The folks that underwrite event insurance make it much more expensive for you to get a policy from them if you have a history of accidents, so the event sponsors like to keep such accidents to a minimum.

If you really don't like it, lease the fairgrounds, host your own gun show, opt not to purchase any insurance, and let folks carry in any condition they like. Be prepared to lose your life's savings after the dust settles in the courtroom.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Here we go again with this argument... :?

The WAC gunshow is on private property. The only way the WAC is allowed to have gunshows there is because they agree to the terms set by the property owner. Lets stop beating this dead horse. It is what it is. If you don't agree with it, don't go.

Simple.

swatspyder

imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

The WAC gunshow is on private property. The only way the WAC is allowed to have gunshows there is because they agree to the terms set by the property owner. Lets stop beating this dead horse. It is what it is. If you don't agree with it, don't go.

Simple.
It was a joke...

It's alright... :p

amzbrady

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
SpyderTattoo wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Simple.
It was a joke...

It's alright... :p
Not an argument, just a reason i dont go. Like my other pet peeve which is the Post office. I should be able to at least unholster and leave my weapon in my vehicle locked up when I get my mail. I dont argue, I only post my opinion.

swatspyder

imported post

2/20 - Redbox (outside of) Walgreens @ 27th and Bridgeport Way W
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=walgreens+in+university+place,+wa&hl=en&cd=1&ei=0byAS8a6IKDcjAPK5MWBCg&sll=47.224662,-122.543501&sspn=0.026581,0.016567&ie=UTF8&view=map&cid=5965725226414957175&ved=0CEUQpQY&hq=walgreens+in+university+place,+wa&hnear=&ll=47.236588,-122.537706&spn=0.01081,0.027874&t=h&z=16
I drove up and waited outside of my car, but leaned against the hood. There was a guy in front of his truck that was next to me who struck up a conversation about movies, but made no reactions to my firearm. His younger son (around 6 y/o) was also asking me questions about movies. Then a lady came up from the other side of my car and was standing in front of it. She joined the conversation and nothing was said about the firearm.

One odd thing was the guy said, "you were first right?" I said, "no, you got here before me." He was standing in line for about 2 minutes before I got out (keeping warm). Overly nice because of the firearm? I don't know. But nothing negative today or tonight.

swatspyder

imported post

2/21 - Wendy's @ 2102 Mildred St W
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=wendy....52702&spn=0.010809,0.027874&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A
Walked in and ordered while in my jacket. Stripped off the jacket when I sat down to eat with my girlfriend. Got up and had to squeeze between a lady's chair and one of the booths, saying excuse me. Past a guy and who i guess is his younger son. Asked the newer cashier for a refill on my drink while one of the other employees was helping him with the register, and nothing was said about my firearm even though they looked at it. Back to the table and left about 5 minutes later.

Just Us

imported post

02/23/10

Took my dog for a walk for about a hour. Over to Pacific ave. and down that road for a while crossed the road and back. Saw 5 or so different Pierce Counties, none of them stopped to say hi. Oh, I didn't see anyone running frantically.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Daughter was sick today so we were not able to go out to the Olympic or Dungeness area :(

2/26 Champion Arms, Fred Meyer, Bank of America

2/27 Auto Zone in Federal Way, Fred Meyer in Federal Way, Cheveron in NE Tacoma. Carry like I always do in the open with not a word, glance or negative encounter.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Not an argument, just a reason i dont go. Like my other pet peeve which is the Post office. I should be able to at least unholster and leave my weapon in my vehicle locked up when I get my mail. I dont argue, I only post my opinion.
Please explain why you can notleave your firearm locked in your car while picking up your mail?

amzbrady

imported post

Keys here are ON Postal Property

Title 39: Postal Service
PART 232—CONDUCT ON POSTAL PROPERTY

§232.1Conduct on postal property.
(a) Applicability. This section applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, to all tenant agencies, and to all persons entering in or on such property. This section shall be posted and kept posted at a conspicuous place on all such property.

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

Our post office owns the parking lot to the sidewalks at the streets.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amzbrady wrote:

(a) Applicability. This section applies to all real property under the charge and control of the Postal Service, to all tenant agencies, and to all persons entering in or on such property. This section shall be posted and kept posted at a conspicuous place on all such property.

(l) Weapons and explosives . Notwithstanding the provisions of any other law, rule or regulation, no person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

Rarely does the Post Office actually own the parking lot. In most smaller Post Offices the parking lot belongs to the strip mall or whoever they lease the building from. Their rules only apply in the Post Officeprper and then only if there is no other business in the same room. My local Post office leases the part of the building they are in, hence they can not prevent you from leaving handgun in your car. On top of that with the Heller Decision, it is actually illegal for the Post Office to ban guns completely anyway. But then again it has always been past or present postal employees doing the shooting, so why are patrons prevent from having firearms? Besides that if you conceal, how the hell would they know you have a gun anyway?

amzbrady

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Rarely does the Post Office actually own the parking lot. In most smaller Post Offices the parking lot belongs to the strip mall or whoever they lease the building from. Their rules only apply in the Post Officeprper and then only if there is no other business in the same room. My local Post office leases the part of the building they are in, hence they can not prevent you from leaving handgun in your car. On top of that with the Heller Decision, it is actually illegal for the Post Office to ban guns completely anyway. But then again it has always been past or present postal employees doing the shooting, so why are patrons prevent from having firearms? Besides that if you conceal, how the hell would they know you have a gun anyway?
Very small Incorporated town, the Post Office is off all by its lonesome. Thats why it's my pet peeve. If I go in after 4:00pm when its closed, to the public boxes, why do I have to disarm or why cant I legally leave the firearm in the car locked. I dont much care anywhere else, but this is a small town and that is a Federal Building. I like to think I know All our officers in town, I tow impounded vehicles and am on a first name basis with them, but they are Law Enforcement Officers and I'm not taking any chances. They all know I carry.

Bear 45/70

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:

Very small Incorporated town, the Post Office is off all by its lonesome. Thats why it's my pet peeve. If I go in after 4:00pm when its closed, to the public boxes, why do I have to disarm or why cant I legally leave the firearm in the car locked. I dont much care anywhere else, but this is a small town and that is a Federal Building. I like to think I know All our officers in town, I tow impounded vehicles and am on a first name basis with them, but they are Law Enforcement Officers and I'm not taking any chances. They all know I carry.
So just leave it in the car out of sight, who the hell is gonna bother to look or even care. Local cops really don't give a rats about federal laws all that much anyway. Hell, the state of Oregoncontends that the Post Office is NOT off limits for carry.