• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

FMCDH

Ok Deros, you don't have to do that kind of stuff to try and keep our lives interesting....just sayin!

Glad he is still with us.

Justman1020

I've been told the official policy was no firearms. I've yet to find it in writting but I don't argue. It's their property. Concealed means what?

Secondly, I was asked about carrying because I OC'd it once and was asked to not bring a firearm in. The location was their Lakewood branch off of Gravelly Lake Drive.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I don't want to hijack the thread. Thank you

I called and spoke to the ACU bank main branch today.
I was told by an employee who works directly below, and for the head over all branches today, Cathleen is the head of all branches-she is on vacation, a lady named shannon spoke on her behalf today.

They have a policy that if you have a CPL that supersedes any policy they have.
When cathleen get's in on tuesday from vacation, she is going to call to discuss the open carry portion and see if they have some general consensus on it. Shannon was very polite, and I will be hearing back from one of them tuesday, and they are going to try to get something written in policy stating they follow state law.

She will be forwarding me the official policy.

Use your right's-or lose your right's. your choice.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
12/16 Browns Point

BP Diner

The cute little red headed waitress asked some questions tonight. They are adding a bar at the diner and was under the impression that she couldn't take her firearm within 100 feet of the bar. I corrected her and gave her a pamphlet as well as invited her to Champion to shoot and take a look at our guns. She is in the market for another.

FMCDH

BP Diner

The cute little red headed waitress asked some questions tonight. They are adding a bar at the diner and was under the impression that she couldn't take her firearm within 100 feet of the bar. I corrected her and gave her a pamphlet as well as invited her to Champion to shoot and take a look at our guns. She is in the market for another.

Within 100ft of the bar?!?! :eek:

OMG, were do people get these ideas? She cant even have gotten the idea from coming from another state, as there is no state in the union that has a law anything close to that.

It boggles mind on the range of misconceptions people have about gun laws (sigh). :rolleyes:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Downtown Seattle 12/16

This morning Deros and I had breakfast in downtown Seattle, and while walking in the Old Town area across a cross walk we walked directly in front of a SPD car. Deros noticed him staring us down. I continued to walk and pay no attention to him. As the light turned for the officers car I got my recorder ready. I fully expected a 'whoop whoop' from the car. Crickets. Uneventful as usual. A question to those in Seattle that have had encounters.....why do you think that Jim and I do not get harassed, stopped, detained, questioned? I am not saying it will never happen, I just am curious to what others think.

amlevin

A question to those in Seattle that have had encounters.....why do you think that Jim and I do not get harassed, stopped, detained, questioned? I am not saying it will never happen, I just am curious to what others think.

Go out and get your heads shaved, get some piercings in your lips and eyebrows, start wearing clothes with lots of metal studs or maybe camo, get a wallet with a 4' chain attached, and be sure and "eye F***" every cop you encounter, all while Open Carrying. Be sure to loudly protest your being stopped by any cop, telling him from the get go that your rights are being violated. Oh, by the way, don't forget the tattoos. The more the better. Bonus points for "Gothic" lettering on your chest or "flames" on the side of your head.

Apparently you and Jim just dress and act like ordinary citizens going about your business. Unless you change your ways you'll never get any attention like some seem to do.

;););)

GreatWhiteLlama

A question to those in Seattle that have had encounters.....why do you think that Jim and I do not get harassed, stopped, detained, questioned? I am not saying it will never happen, I just am curious to what others think.

If I had to take a guess it would be that a senior citizen and a pudgy middle aged white guy, even though you were both armed, are clearly not a threat to anyone. There's simply nothing intimidating or slightly worrying about either of you.

Again, that's just a guess...

:)

FMCDH

If I had to take a guess it would be that a senior citizen and a pudgy middle aged white guy, even though you were both armed, are clearly not a threat to anyone. There's simply nothing intimidating or slightly worrying about either of you.

Again, that's just a guess...

:)

Well...none that is unless they were to break a hip and fall on you. ;)

briehl12

Had a funny incendent lastnight. So when I got home from work, my girlfriends little girl had her bday with grandma and grandpa. I figured dad may have been there, but to no avail he is in jail...AGAIN... POS.... So anyways I changed my clothes and put my glock on my side came downstairs and saw grandma in the doorway, I politley asked her to step aside so I could leave, and she saw my piece and said oh my I didnt know you had a gun. GEEEZ PEOPLE!!! So when I got to my car, grandpa was in the car behind me, I asked him to kindly move (stongside to him) and he was taken back as well. He made a snide comment, so I replied YES I carry for simple ignorance of kids like yours, and to keep my family safe. They do not like me anyways, but ohwell. Other than that, went to the liquor store no problems....

Justman1020

Went to lakewood town center to go into bed bath and beyond to grab my wife a christmas gift, not a comment, great customer service,
then i went over to the buffet (old country i think?) not a word, but i got the "death stare" from some dude in a seahawks sweatshirt, the entire time i was there...i said How is your night? in passing to him, to which i just got a nod....w.e.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Two years....

This thread started two years ago to encourage others to carry with confidence in the South Sound area...
To date I have had no negative experiences with LEO or others....

I have met many who have been encouraged to come out of the closet and carry because of all of those who have shared their feed back here...

Thank you to all who have participated and Merry Christmas!

briehl12

12/15 Redrobin for daughters birthday. Couple looks. Met some guy who said he will start open carying.

12/21 Renton Walmart: Some older lady was like:
"Is that a gun"
me: Yes it is.
Lady: are you a cop?
Me: nope. Just an informed citizen
Lady: That makes you look cool.

Money tree in Renton:
Some old guy gruffed a bit and was like Jesus christ realy??!!

Wendy's in Auburn
Some guy with his kid:
is that a tazer
Me: NO Glock26
Guy: Cool!! I like. maybe I should carry mine more.
Me Awesome... Check out OCDO

Chick behind me
Oh guns not cool. Shouldnt be allowed...

All in all a great day great encounters.... Carry on!!!!

WinchesterModel12

I went to Best Buy to get a gift for somebody, stop at the desk so they can check the receipt. Tacoma PD was standing there and noticed my 1911 on my hip and asked if I had my CPL. I said it is not concealed, so I do not need a CPL. He told me to come over here. The clerk was done checking my receipt at this time. I asked the LEO kind of loud "Why are you detaining me?" he quickly said " I am not detaining you." I said "have a nice day" and walked out the store.

I expected him to follow me out the store, but he didn't.

decklin

I went to Best Buy to get a gift for somebody, stop at the desk so they can check the receipt. Tacoma PD was standing there and noticed my 1911 on my hip and asked if I had my CPL. I said it is not concealed, so I do not need a CPL. He told me to come over here. The clerk was done checking my receipt at this time. I asked the LEO kind of loud "Why are you detaining me?" he quickly said " I am not detaining you." I said "have a nice day" and walked out the store.

I expected him to follow me out the store, but he didn't.

I am not in any way anti law enforcement but I get super annoyed when they tell you to, "come here" like a child. Good job standing your ground.

SpyderTattoo

+1 That's exactly how it's done. I've done this before and it feels great.

I agree with the above poster as well. "come here..." Who do you think you are? I'm not subject to you. You work for me. I'm not your kid. You will speak to me like we're both adults.

p2a1x7

I ran around a little bit yesterday.

Toys'r'us - nothing
REI - nothing
Bestbuy Capital Mall - nothing
Bestbuy Lacey - The cashier seemed really out of it. He was checking my coins for some reason. Maybe it was a long day, maybe he was nervous. I don't know.
Cabelas - nothing
Walmart Lacey - nothing.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
12/30 & 12/31

12/30 Browns Point Diner... had dinner an chatted with everyone....

12/31 Cabelas...(w/ Deros)

Went and did some shopping for my bug out bag and camping gear...spent a couple of hours all around the store. It was very busy today and had no coments regarding OC.

Fred Meyer's Twin Lakes...

Deros needed some things, I chatted with my friend who works there. She asked if I was carrying (she was standing on my week side), I said 'yes' and 'why?' She said because security keeps walking by and staring... LOL :shocker:

Sports Clip's in Federal Way...

Haircut....

Starbucks (2nd Saturday location)

coffee :monkey

Justman1020

just got back in town after having to conceal in FL for 2 weeks.....

came home, unpacked, strapped up, and was walking out to my car, swung by the office to see if i had gotten any packages, and there was a guy asking how i liked the neighborhood, i told him i had been there for about 7 months, and have had no issues at all, he then saw my firearm, and asked if i was a cop, i said no i am not, but open carry is legal in the state of WA, he said he liked that and was going to do more research,

the lady working in the office then said "we don't allow open carried firearms in the office" Which i asked if they had a written policy on that, because one of the specific questions i asked when i moved in was "do u have any rules against firearms, and carry" and i was specifically told "No, you may carry in any legal way" she said she would have to talk to her manager about it...

I don't foresee it being a problem because i have open carried in there every other time I've gone in and NOBODY has said a problem...as we were leaving she made the comment she was not anti gun, just anti stupid,
my only thought was, well, you might be pretty damned stupid because of your thoughts on this situation.