• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
1/12 Olympia

John L O'Brien Building at the Capital

Testified for HB 1508. Was on the Capital campus for a few hours. In the Capital building the O'Brien building and others, walked by dozens of WSP officers who all smile and say hello. Thought about going to the governors office and asking her to pose for a picture. :rolleyes:

Also, talked with a tv cameraman from King 5 and CNN. The CNN reporter was from Washington D.C. and was pretty amazed that we could just walk around with our firearms and that the buildings didn't have metal detectors and pat down searches.

After the meeting, several supporters of the bill came and thanked me for speaking and carrying. Other than law enforcement, Deros and I were the only ones who open carried to the hearing.

Hawk's Prarie Restaurant

Stopped by for lunch on the way out of town, the place was packed.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
did you get any feeling, yes or no, on this passing?

The bill is sponsored by several democrats. 48 states have already passed this type of legislation (Hawaii and Washington). This bill is supported by law enforcement. There was legitimate concern of some minor language in the bill.

My feeling is that it will pass.

alrossitto

Visiting from CA

I spent two weeks visiting a good friend of mine on Key Peninsula, Pierce County. I took advantage of the OC laws in Washington since it would no longer (easily) be possible in my home state of California. I'll list a few of the places I visited while OC'ing in the South Sound.

Between 12/20/2011 and 1/2/2012:

QVC Market in Gig Harbor
Fred Meyer in Port Orchard
Sam's Club in Gig Harbor
Some gas station in Shelton
Tacoma Boys in Tacoma

Had no issues whatsoever. Just reminds me how screwed up the laws are here in California. As soon as I finish earning a bachelors degree I am definitely looking to move back to the Northwest!

Last edited:

Justman1020

10th:: Carried to the airport no problems while picking up the wife

friday:: Renton Honda
then five guys burgers and fries

and finally starbucks for the meeting with ACU bank's head of branch manager
then finally to Sports authority to get gloves and boots for snowboarding season

briehl12

Hey Justman.. Great meeting with you on Friday. One of my managers loved the fact you were o/c... Hopefully I can make something work for you. Il stay in touch... Thanks.

Justman1020

Thanks, let me know if we can do anything.

Driving in the snow today was not easy with this thing...
went to apple bees for dinner, no issues, and went into mace's at south tacoma mall, no problems.

badkarma

John L O'Brien Building at the Capital

Testified for HB 1508. Was on the Capital campus for a few hours. In the Capital building the O'Brien building and others, walked by dozens of WSP officers who all smile and say hello. Thought about going to the governors office and asking her to pose for a picture. :rolleyes:

Also, talked with a tv cameraman from King 5 and CNN. The CNN reporter was from Washington D.C. and was pretty amazed that we could just walk around with our firearms and that the buildings didn't have metal detectors and pat down searches.

After the meeting, several supporters of the bill came and thanked me for speaking and carrying. Other than law enforcement, Deros and I were the only ones who open carried to the hearing.

Thank you Nick for representing us. Do you have a link to the news report?

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
1/17 Beyond the South Sound...

Dateline: Las Vegas

First day walking the SHOT show... overwhelming...

This is the first time that I have been unarmed in quite some time. No personal guns allowed, my Arizona permit hasn't shown up yet either. Therefore, I left all of my firearms behind.

FMCDH

This is the first time that I have been unarmed in quite some time. No personal guns allowed, my Arizona permit hasn't shown up yet either. Therefore, I left all of my firearms behind.

Interesting!

Was that...

"no personal guns allowed" WAC style?

Or

"no personal guns allowed" everyone is screened at checkpoints and metal detectors style?

1245A Defender

what??

This is the first time that I have been unarmed in quite some time. No personal guns allowed, my Arizona permit hasn't shown up yet either. Therefore, I left all of my firearms behind.[/QUOTE]

geeeez,,,, do you mean that you left all your guns,,, at HOME in washington....

you must mean they were in the hotel safe,, or your car,, or....?

besides the fact that Arizona does honor our permit, and now is a constitutional carry state.
I am forced to wonder why this line is even in your post, or on your mind?

Last edited:

ak56

Campaign Veteran

...besides the fact that Arizona does honor our permit, and now is a constitutional carry state.
I am forced to wonder why this line is even in your post, or on your mind?

You are right, Arizona does honor our permit, and has constitutional carry. But gogo is in Nevada, which does not honor our permit, but does honor Arizona's. I suspect that's why he would have wanted the arizona permit.

1245A Defender

ooops,,,

You are right, Arizona does honor our permit, and has constitutional carry. But gogo is in Nevada, which does not honor our permit, but does honor Arizona's. I suspect that's why he would have wanted the arizona permit.

you are sooo right,,,, and I am soooo,,, not reading the posting area quite correctly..

I thank you for the fixing my errorrness.
some times in my oldness, I am not so smartly as I am used to being when I was younger.
I do hope that gog did take his guns to nevada, for his trip, and selfdefense.

BTW I am also planning to get an arizona permit so that I would be legal in Nevada..
I understand now..

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
you are sooo right,,,, and I am soooo,,, not reading the posting area quite correctly..

I thank you for the fixing my errorrness.
some times in my oldness, I am not so smartly as I am used to being when I was younger.
I do hope that gog did take his guns to nevada, for his trip, and selfdefense.

BTW I am also planning to get an arizona permit so that I would be legal in Nevada..
I understand now..

Because I am in a state with no reciprocity and I am spending 8-5 in a building where no personal firearms are allowed, I made the choice to leave everything in the safe in Seattle.

TechnoWeenie

Last night @ Lacey Winco.

Guy wanted to tell me that 'there is no open carry law'.

I schooled him on the 'law', restrictions, needing CPL to conceal and carry in car, but not to carry openly.... and how this country works, in terms of laws being to make things illegal.

I was about to embrass him by telling him that it's illegal to consume chocolate cake on wednesdays, wait for his inevitable 'no it's not', and say 'but there's no law that says you can eat chocolate cake on wednesday!'... but thought better of it.

He didn't want to listen, and told me I had 'better check that out, there's no open carry in Washington'....

I could tell he wasn't listening, so I just left it at that...

Funny thing is, he kept saying things about requiring a CPL to carry PERIOD... I kept insisting you didn't, I guess he assumed I didn't have a CPL, because he accused me of breaking the law, which I thought was funny...

Meh.