• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

jt59

Looking for a new bank, so I was gathering infomation on accounts types, costs, service fee's etc.

Mostly along Bridgeport:

America's Credit Union
Wells Fargo (already a customer there)
BOA
Westside Bank (nice folks, hometown)
Columbia
Union Bank
Key Bank (had a 5 foot 1 security guard with a flashlight and might of wheighed 130 with his utility belt)..not sure what his function was....he never said anything about my gun, and not sure he even noticed till I left.

Anyway, spoke with CSR's in each for 15-30 minutes...no issues, questions or comments at all.

Fred Meyer
Safeway
Walgreens

Last edited:

DCKilla

The family and I went to the Puyallup Taco Del Mar and South Hill Mall. Nobody said anything about my pistol while at the mall or dinner.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

At the 'old' state run liquor store location. (Now run by a private party) The new owner, commented on my firearm. In a kidding (buy annoying) manner, don't rob me.... Ugh.

Good news is that his pricing is better than Fred Meyer and Safeway. Both retailers have retained or increased the old shelf price ($29.95 FM $35.99 SW, with card $31.99) AND then add the $2.83 liter tax and the 20.5% liquor tax AFTER, thus putting my 1/5 of Maker's Mark around $40.

However, at the now private liquor store he has a shelf price of $29.99 and it includes all taxes! Win!

No body will brag up my choice in booze, but...
I went to safeway and my normal purchace of big jugs of cheap vodka and taquila for 47.60$ cost me 51.21$,
an increase of 7.8%...
my friend went to his OLD state store, now private,,, got his jug of vodka for 2$ less than before...
I will go to allen next time to check their old state, now private booze store.

decklin

I've been OC'ing in Lakeland Hills alot lately. In the Top Foods recently a woman in front of me in line kept looking at my hip then finally made eye contact. I smiled and said hello.
She smiled back and said, "So I guess WA is an OC state?"
I said, "Yes, ma'am."
She then said, "I had heard it was but you're the first I've seen."
We spoke for a couple more minutes then she left. It was an excellent encounter.

Also, at the Pet Pros next door I have spoken with many of the young women in there about guns. They are always very friendly. I went in there two days ago and one of the women said, "Oh, look! Another OC'er! That's great!"
I got what I needed and went up to pay and had a conversation with the two women behind the counter. One of the women said she carries when she goes horseback riding (Millenium .40) but she OC's 'cause she can't conceal without a permit.
I let her know she was covered while horseback riding under RCW 9.41.060
I also told her where to find it.
Once again another positive experience up in Yuppyville.

DamonK

Well, Us Olympia area south sounders had our meetup today. It was small thanks to family and work issues for quite a few, but it was fun. I brought out a new guy that said he enjoyed and would like to come out again. Had a bit of a rough start with the one of the rangers at the park (Tolmie) but we managed to get things smoothed out and he even hooked us up with one of the big covered BBQ areas. I think we may have even won one of the other rangers over to our side :monkey We had tons of left overs, lots of good conversation and a little debate, and all left very happy. Go Team!

Last edited:

cpgrad08

OC at the Walmart in Lakewood today. No problems expect when I was in line to pay for my goods. A lady in another line just stared at my the whole time with the evil eye.

TechnoWeenie

Well, Us Olympia area south sounders had our meetup today. It was small thanks to family and work issues for quite a few, but it was fun. I brought out a new guy that said he enjoyed and would like to come out again. Had a bit of a rough start with the one of the rangers at the park (Tolmie) but we managed to get things smoothed out and he even hooked us up with one of the big covered BBQ areas. I think we may have even won one of the other rangers over to our side :monkey We had tons of left overs, lots of good conversation and a little debate, and all left very happy. Go Team!

No debating, just fact delivering.

1911's are so 20th century...

:lol:

DamonK

I've had plenty "modern" semis jam on me to. Mine was built with very close tolerances for IPSC shooting, so it's just taking a lot of breaking in and adjusting to get it just right. But it's worth it. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not 1911 purest. I'll shoot anything. Speaking of, you should have seen those soda cans when we hit them with the 44 at 50 meters!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Pacific Veterinary Hospital

Had to take my cat to the doc for an infection in his tail on Saturday night, 11pm. They keep their doors locked and I had to be rung in.....I had no problems. I came back at 5am to pick up Squeaker and again had to be buzzed in, with again no problems or questions about the 229.

Today, I had to return to have the drain removed from Squeakers tail. Doors were open and unlocked this afternoon and I came in with Squeaker in a travel cage. I checked him in and was sitting there waiting. There were a few others in the lobby. After a few minutes an older gentleman came over to me (after whispering to his wife) and asked about my cat....then he put out his hand and said thank you. I smiled, shook his hand and then thanked him for his service (he had on a D Day 101st Airborne cap and he was in his late 80s). He said thank you, pointed at my Sig and said that's what I fought for....keep it up young man. At that time his wife came over and they were on their way.....

Squeak had the drain in his tail removed and is home now. He is doing fine, he just doesn't like wearing a cone.

296111_1495738009914_452198990_n.jpg

p.s. Two ironies.....I was carring a Sig (frame made in Germany) and he was walking out with his German Shepard...

Last edited:

DamonK

Had way too much fun today! Got some extra money in the for of some back pay from the Army, so off I was to the pawn shop :-D. Picked up a weatherby vanguard dlx. In 300 weatherby mag, remington semi auto 12 gauge, and I think maybe my favorite, a bersa 380! Oh man is that a fun gun, and weirdly accurate to.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

Damon alright man you just need to stop already, i am jealous enough as it is.

:banana:

Well, the rifle was planned. The other 2 just called to me. And I couldn't turn down the deal I got on all three :p

We should do a shoot out at capitol forrest sometime. Try and get the whole south sound gang together. I can fit 5 in my Jeep if I want to carry stuff to, or 7 if I use my third row. So if we met for breakfast say at the black bear... I'm going to put this up in a thread.

Schlepnier

Damon next time a gun calls to me i will tell it to send you the bill :lol:

Had a little OC action today. got an unintended day of from work(my machine at work broke down so i didnt have to go in)
Hit walmart and papa murphies. no negative experiences at either location however i got into a nice conversation with the woman doing petitons at walmart.

She was a california transplant and didn't know about WA OC, heck she didn't even realise i was carrying until i pointed it out to her "thats a gun" she said in a calm manner. she also added in that she had seen many people carrying into walmart and thought they couldn't all be cops. we got onto this topic because of private property rights as apparently petitioners are now banned from fred meyer.

Just so you know the petiton is for re-enforcing the 2/3 majority vote in the state legislature for taxes. as it has to be done every 2 years so the state legislature cannot change it as citizens initiative can be tweeked by the states after the first 2 years.

jt59

very south sound

Went to the Oregon license app event in Vancouver. Rode my HD down and back....met some nice folks down there, handed out some OC brochere's to a couple

Some high signs, some looks, but mostly just uneventful down and back...along with a little too much sun.

Thanks to the Grant County Sheriff, his wife and daughter who gave up a Saturday to come up and do this....as well as the organizers

DeltaOps

OC Almsot Everywhere I go.

I OC just about everywhere I go, except where prohibited by law, Fed Buildings, etc......

I am new to OC and finally purchased my first pistol. Glock 21 Gen 3. Since it is kinda hard to CC this weapon, I just OC.

Lowes in Bonney Lake-Never have issues. Everyone is very friendly and willing to assist.

Home Depot-Bonny Lake. Pretty much the same as Lowes

Wal-Mart-Bonney Lake. Never had issues, most employees never bat an eye. One young guy in garden asked if I was a cop, I said no, then asked if I was allowed to carry, I just said yes and kept walking.

The only incedent I have had since I bought my Glock was yesterday at the Winco. The Manager asked why I was OCing. I saidf because it was my right and Washington State was an open Carry State. He was not aware that WA was an OC state. He asked me to cover and I said sue. Since I did not have any pamphlets on me nor did I want to cause any other issues and I was pretty much done shopping, I just went ahead and cced. I will be back and I will OC, but I will also have pamphlets and stcik to my guns this time around. I did challenge the manager to educate himself on Washington State OC laws.

Its late.. Nite all

Last edited: