• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

DCKilla

The only incedent I have had since I bought my Glock was yesterday at the Winco. The Manager asked why I was OCing. I saidf because it was my right and Washington State was an open Carry State. He was not aware that WA was an OC state. He asked me to cover and I said sue. Since I did not have any pamphlets on me nor did I want to cause any other issues and I was pretty much done shopping, I just went ahead and cced. I will be back and I will OC, but I will also have pamphlets and stcik to my guns this time around. I did challenge the manager to educate himself on Washington State OC laws.

Its late.. Nite all
Welcome to OCDO, It's great to see a new face.
Did the manager ask you to leave if you continued to OC?

DeltaOps

Welcome to OCDO, It's great to see a new face.
Did the manager ask you to leave if you continued to OC?

No actually he just asked me if I was willing to cover it up. He never gave off the intent that he would want me to leave, that would have been a whole different conversation between the two of us.

Since I was about to check out, I didn't mind CC'ing. Once I walked out the door, I tucked my **** back in. It will not be my last time oc'ing in the sumner winco. Like I said, it is difficult to cc a gen 3 glock 21 when I am a slim man. 5'9" and about 175. Most of my shirts are medium. I need to purchase a new wardrobe.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
No actually he just asked me if I was willing to cover it up. He never gave off the intent that he would want me to leave, that would have been a whole different conversation between the two of us.

Since I was about to check out, I didn't mind CC'ing. Once I walked out the door, I tucked my **** back in. It will not be my last time oc'ing in the sumner winco. Like I said, it is difficult to cc a gen 3 glock 21 when I am a slim man. 5'9" and about 175. Most of my shirts are medium. I need to purchase a new wardrobe.

From a "Winco" thread....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?103560-Winco

[h=2]Response from Winco.[/h]
I just received a phone call from Mike Read, Public Relations Representative of Winco foods. He let me know that they have had lots of contact about this issue and have come to the conclusion that we are welcome in their stores open carry. He told me that they really didn't like it but would not fight it. He said as a private property they have the right to prohibit firearms but that they would not.

TBG​

DeltaOps

gogodawgs..

Thank you. I actually wentthrough and read the whole thread. Very interesting for sure.

Went to Cabelas today, walked aroud for anout an hour with my Glock on my hip. Never have any issues in Cabelas. My only complaint is that they are expensive. Guess they have to pay for the overhead some how.

decklin

I've OC'd multiple times at the Albertson's where that woman was at. No issues from the other customers, employees, security guard or the cop that sits in the parking lot. I know he's seen me.
Been having some weird OC dreams lately though. Is it worrisome that I'm dreaming about OC now?

DCKilla

My family and I spent a couple hours at Point Defiance park playground and beach. Later we ate at the Spanaway Taco bell.

decklin

So yesterday about 5pm I finally relented and went and bought a Discovery Pass at the Auburn Walmart. I usually just park outside of the normal parking area at state parks but I am tired of doing that. Plus tomorrow the wife and I are going to take a trip to Vantage to see the petrified forest and then probably head up to Dry Falls.
Anyway, while I was paying this guy walks by and stops to say, "Thank you for open carrying!"
I was so surprised I just said, "Uh, thanks for noticing...."
He stopped to talk for a moment. Apparently he used to OC but had a bad experience at Jersey Mike's (didn't say which location). He said some people freaked out and called the police on him. He hasn't OC'd since and just sticks to CC.
He took off before I had a chance to ask if he was aware of this forum saying, "Thanks again for OC'ing. I fully support it."
At this time the clerk says to me, "I don't have a problem with it either except that you have it cocked. It's scary."
He actually said, "It's scary."
I explained how it is the only way to carry a 1911 and that if the hammer was down it means one of two things. I either don't have a round chambered which is stupid because it wastes so much time trying to chamber if I need to use it. Then what if it sticks? That can happen.
The other reason would be that I went hollywood and dropped the hammer on a live round which is also just stupid.
I spoke with him for another minute but I don't think he really understood any of it. He seemed like he was only half there.
Overall though it was a good encounter. I swear, I have more positive interactions in that store than anywhere else. I think that first guy was the 5th or 6th person to talk to me about OC in the last 4 months.

tombrewster421

So yesterday about 5pm I finally relented and went and bought a Discovery Pass at the Auburn Walmart. I usually just park outside of the normal parking area at state parks but I am tired of doing that. Plus tomorrow the wife and I are going to take a trip to Vantage to see the petrified forest and then probably head up to Dry Falls.
Anyway, while I was paying this guy walks by and stops to say, "Thank you for open carrying!"
I was so surprised I just said, "Uh, thanks for noticing...."
He stopped to talk for a moment. Apparently he used to OC but had a bad experience at Jersey Mike's (didn't say which location). He said some people freaked out and called the police on him. He hasn't OC'd since and just sticks to CC.
He took off before I had a chance to ask if he was aware of this forum saying, "Thanks again for OC'ing. I fully support it."
At this time the clerk says to me, "I don't have a problem with it either except that you have it cocked. It's scary."
He actually said, "It's scary."
I explained how it is the only way to carry a 1911 and that if the hammer was down it means one of two things. I either don't have a round chambered which is stupid because it wastes so much time trying to chamber if I need to use it. Then what if it sticks? That can happen.
The other reason would be that I went hollywood and dropped the hammer on a live round which is also just stupid.
I spoke with him for another minute but I don't think he really understood any of it. He seemed like he was only half there.
Overall though it was a good encounter. I swear, I have more positive interactions in that store than anywhere else. I think that first guy was the 5th or 6th person to talk to me about OC in the last 4 months.

The guy at Jersey Mike's was probably Goose. Was he a loud and boisterous type? Big guy, wears glasses.

decklin

He was a big guy, as in tall with broad shoulders. Wasn't wearing glasses and didn't seem any louder than normal. Do you know if he is still a member here?

DeltaOps

Sooo, I walked into the Sportsmans Warehouse in Puyallup today. As I walked in, a employee asked me to check in my weapon. I asked her what do you mean "check it in". She replied back that she needed to put a ribbon on it and I needed to unload it and give her my ammo and mag. I knida chuckled and said "so want me to give you my mag and walk around with no ammo or mag in my pistol". She said yes and that was the policy. (Mind you the policy is, if you are going to have your pistol serviced and if it is holstered, then and ONLY then do you have to check it in and remove all ammo). I told her that was not going to happen and we were leavein, She said bye bye. As I was walking out, I told her we will never be back again. Walked out the door and almost got back to the vehicle when she popped he head out of one of the doors. She called me back and apoligized. Come to find out, she was new to the store and did not know the policy. All in all it was a good day. Went to Albertsons later on in Bonney Lake, and then back home.

Headed to JBLM in the morning for Orginization Day. As much as I hate to, I will be leaving my Glock 21 at home :(.

muggins

Sooo, I walked into the Sportsmans Warehouse in Puyallup today. As I walked in, a employee asked me to check in my weapon. I asked her what do you mean "check it in". She replied back that she needed to put a ribbon on it and I needed to unload it and give her my ammo and mag. I knida chuckled and said "so want me to give you my mag and walk around with no ammo or mag in my pistol". She said yes and that was the policy. (Mind you the policy is, if you are going to have your pistol serviced and if it is holstered, then and ONLY then do you have to check it in and remove all ammo). I told her that was not going to happen and we were leavein, She said bye bye. As I was walking out, I told her we will never be back again. Walked out the door and almost got back to the vehicle when she popped he head out of one of the doors. She called me back and apoligized. Come to find out, she was new to the store and did not know the policy. All in all it was a good day. Went to Albertsons later on in Bonney Lake, and then back home.

Headed to JBLM in the morning for Orginization Day. As much as I hate to, I will be leaving my Glock 21 at home :(.

I'll have to keep my eyes open. I haven't encountered anyone OC'ing in the wild yet, but I was at the Albertsons earlier this evening myself.

DeltaOps

I'll have to keep my eyes open. I haven't encountered anyone OC'ing in the wild yet, but I was at the Albertsons earlier this evening myself.

lol, I live here in the wild, OC from the time I wake up till the time I goto bed. Usually If I am actually out and about, I will either be at Lowes, Wal Mart, Albertsons or in my yard. We will def be out this weekend, maybe to that Farm off of 410 to get some fresh Veggies.

muggins

lol, I live here in the wild, OC from the time I wake up till the time I goto bed. Usually If I am actually out and about, I will either be at Lowes, Wal Mart, Albertsons or in my yard. We will def be out this weekend, maybe to that Farm off of 410 to get some fresh Veggies.

Then I'm rather surprised I haven't seen you. Those are pretty much my stomping grounds too, as the Lowes and Albertsons are within walking distance.

I stopped at that farm stand last Sunday. They had fresh Yakima Tieton cherries in that were amazing.

DeltaOps

Then I'm rather surprised I haven't seen you. Those are pretty much my stomping grounds too, as the Lowes and Albertsons are within walking distance.

I stopped at that farm stand last Sunday. They had fresh Yakima Tieton cherries in that were amazing.

Very surprised indeed. I just moved to Ponderosa Estates not to long ago, so that could be one of the reasons. I am sure our paths will cross, if not ny passing then perhaps by just meeting up.

DeltaOps

Yesterday I went to Work Sports and Outdoors, looked around. A few people glanced my way but nothing unusual. Had my G/F and four kids in tow. Stopped by the Produce Stand off of 410 then to KFC/A&W for some lunch. Not a peep from anyone. Matter of fact, all the employees were vey friendly. Great service. After that we headed to the closed Dollars & Us store. (didn't know it closed). Made a U turn and went to Wal Mart. Two of my boys had money burning a hole in thier pockets. After that it was back home we went.

Today we went to Fred Myers in Bonney Lake. Again, not a peep or any wierd looks from anyone. Maybe I should dress down and see if anyones sais anything. Naw, I like to keep a neat appearance. Helpin the OCers to try and keep a good name for us.

DCKilla

I went to Cabelas to pick up some ar15 pmags and ran into some guys from Texas. They had some questions about OC in Washington. I let them in on the basics and released. I guess it's that new catch and release program. :)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
While at an Arco station getting a soda today a woman came inside in a hurry. She made the statement that she was just robbed at gunpoint next door. She described the thug as two young Asian teenagers with a semi auto gun. She described them as pointing it at her head. I asked if she had called police and she said she had. I purchased my soda and left back to work. I was a bit more cautious in the parking lot, but did not see anything suspicious.

DeltaOps

While at an Arco station getting a soda today a woman came inside in a hurry. She made the statement that she was just robbed at gunpoint next door. She described the thug as two young Asian teenagers with a semi auto gun. She described them as pointing it at her head. I asked if she had called police and she said she had. I purchased my soda and left back to work. I was a bit more cautious in the parking lot, but did not see anything suspicious.

The way you write this, it sounds like she was not to frantic. What arco station was it? If it was in pirece county, I can inquire about it to see if I can get anymore details.

Had this been me, I may have had to do a sneak n peek.

Getting ready to go to Safeway up here in Bonney Lake to do some quick shopping. I will be OCing