• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Spanaway

tombrewster421

I will be there with Bookman.

As far as contacting the media I could do so with my contacts there.Lately they havn't given us a whole lot of coverage because there is never any conflict .However this is one of the most blatent violations of the 4th I have ever seen they most likely would.Especially in a Starbucks. .Maybe having the media dive down the face of these LE might wake them up.

Let me have some input on this guys, Do you want to discuss all this with the media prior to consulting with an attorney?? Could be a good thing to get Toms position out there preemtively so to speak.I could talk with them personally and word it so they would have to show up and maybe get an interview with him as to what happened and get the word out, and with the audio recording to back up his statement will lend credibility to the 2A position regarding unnessesary harrasment by LE...This has to stop!!!

So Tom if thats what you want to do PM me your contact info as I can forward it to my media contacts to talk with you.

I was hoping that Andrew would get back to me so I could ask him if it would be a good idea or not. Still waiting on his reply though. I'm not sure how it would hurt. Especially if we could effect change without a lawsuit.

Ruby

I will be there with Bookman.

As far as contacting the media I could do so with my contacts there.Lately they havn't given us a whole lot of coverage because there is never any conflict .However this is one of the most blatent violations of the 4th I have ever seen they most likely would.Especially in a Starbucks. .Maybe having the media dive down the face of these LE might wake them up.

Let me have some input on this guys, Do you want to discuss all this with the media prior to consulting with an attorney?? Could be a good thing to get Toms position out there preemtively so to speak.I could talk with them personally and word it so they would have to show up and maybe get an interview with him as to what happened and get the word out, and with the audio recording to back up his statement will lend credibility to the 2A position regarding unnessesary harrasment by LE...This has to stop!!!

So Tom if thats what you want to do PM me your contact info as I can forward it to my media contacts to talk with you.

Just a thought; perhaps Tom should check with his attorney as to how going public with this would/could affect his case, should he decide to sue. Other than that, I think it is an excellent idea. LE caused Tom public embarrassment when he did nothing wrong, turnabout is fair play.

oneeyeross

Genken, like many of us, you have a very supportive other half. Just remember to always listen to the boss and you'll be in good shape...

DEROS72

I talked with Tom and I will be contacting the media on his OK.I also talked to Dave Workman and he hasn't seen this yet and he would be a good eye to have on this as well.

Last edited:

DEROS72

I have contacted media regarding this on Toms request and OK .Also I talked with Dave Workman who will also be contacting KOMO as well and calling Tom to interview him. So lets have a good turnout!!

DEROS72

I just got a call from KIRO and they are going to call Tom and possibly cover the gathering Saturday.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
The Country Rose Cafe next door does an excellent breakfast with a style of Hobo Hash(eggs, bacon, cheese, potatoes, sausage).

Does anyone want to meet up for breakfast about 8:30 ?

Dave Workman

Open Carry group plans Saturday solidarity gathering in Pierce County

On the heels of a Sept. 28 encounter between an Open Carry activist and four Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies at a Spanaway Starbucks, more than a dozen members of OpenCarry.org are planning to gather at the same coffee shop on Saturday at 10 a.m. in a show of support for their comrade.

The incident has sparked outrage on the Open Carry forum, primarily because the armed citizen in this case managed to capture most of it on audio, and there is a link provided on the website. It is worth a listen so everyone can make up their own minds about this.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...s-saturday-solidarity-gathering-pierce-county

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/28a2h7j

tombrewster421

KOMO 4 news tonight!

Komo 4 came out to interview me for the news tonight. Thank you Dave Workman for bringing it to their attention. They said they will most likely be at the Starbucks in Spanaway this Saturday at 10:00 as well, let's have a huge turnout. Thanks again for everyone's support!

And I'm sorry I didn't make it clear that Deros72 let Dave know and has also contacted Kiro7 and King5. King 5 may also be interviewing me tonight.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

In light of Josh's conviction, better pray that you don't "unintentionally" scare anyone. :mad: :banghead: :cuss:

I will be with you guys in spirit, but I need to limit my OC to Oak Harbor this weekend.

May I make a respectful suggestion, though... if there were funds donated for a lawsuit against this Sheriff's office, maybe consider diverting them to Josh's case for appeal? I don't know, it's hard to judge, but seems like maybe a more immediate need exists.

I don't plan on taking anything I don't need and if I have no lawsuit I would most certainly divert any donated funds to wherever it is needed. We're all in this together. I'm definately going to do what I can to support others in the way that you all are supporting me. Thank you again.

DEROS72

This is some excellent exposer for open carry and we all know we should expose ourselves more......wait that doesn't sound right..:00

tombrewster421

I figured you would say that, Tom. You are one hell of an upstanding citizen! I wish we had more citizens like you and less like the chicken-s**ts that convicted Josh. Or those that simply roll over and let the cops poke their badges into them.

Thank you for the kind words. I actually applied for TPD last year and made it to the interview portion. From what I've learned here, I now think that I was not chosen because I told them that I would expose corruption and tattle on bad cops.

Ruby

The Country Rose Cafe next door does an excellent breakfast with a style of Hobo Hash(eggs, bacon, cheese, potatoes, sausage).

Does anyone want to meet up for breakfast about 8:30 ?

Sounds good, but I'm not promising anything. I will try to leave here (Renton) in time to make it. May as well make a morning of it.

ShooterMcGavin

I have been reading along with both related threads and, I have to say, Tom, great job!

I have not been out to meet any of you yet, partially for financial reasons for a long time, but I might come out to say 'hi' on Saturday. I have been OCing for years now; I owe my knowledge about our rights to the well-spoken and educated people here. I have had the police called on me in downtown Seattle, but they observed me from a distance (no contact). I have gotten many compliments and questions on my carry method in the past, but nothing really negative.

I do have a court system story of my own, but you'll have to ask me about it in person :) Unless something comes up between now and then, I look forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. Also, I am trying to get another friend involved.

Ruby

Guys, I just want you to know that I don't expect you to hide me from the media. I am not going to try to be filmed, but if it happens it happens. I am tired of hiding because of what my customers may think or say if they see me in connection with OpenCarry. It seems I have been afraid of something my entire life, having been raised in a very fear based family. I'm not blaming them, they didn't know there was any other way to be. But I am done with it. And I have learned that the only way to overcome fear is to do the thing you are afraid of. This is a big deal for me, but a necessary step. You guys have always been helpful and supportive and you have my sincere gratitude for that.

I want to help move open carry forward for everyone, but especially for women. If they see a woman or women open carrying perhaps they will ask questions and learn about their rights, especially their right to self defense. Hell, I would be happy if some of them would CC, let alone OC. I talk to women every chance I get about self defense, especially with a gun. Some I know I will never get through to, they are brainwashed. But if I can plant some seeds, make someone think, then I will have done something worthwhile for OC. See everyone Satuday!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Guys, I just want you to know that I don't expect you to hide me from the media. I am not going to try to be filmed, but if it happens it happens. I am tired of hiding because of what my customers may think or say if they see me in connection with OpenCarry. It seems I have been afraid of something my entire life, having been raised in a very fear based family. I'm not blaming them, they didn't know there was any other way to be. But I am done with it. And I have learned that the only way to overcome fear is to do the thing you are afraid of. This is a big deal for me, but a necessary step. You guys have always been helpful and supportive and you have my sincere gratitude for that.

I want to help move open carry forward for everyone, but especially for women. If they see a woman or women open carrying perhaps they will ask questions and learn about their rights, especially their right to self defense. Hell, I would be happy if some of them would CC, let alone OC. I talk to women every chance I get about self defense, especially with a gun. Some I know I will never get through to, they are brainwashed. But if I can plant some seeds, make someone think, then I will have done something worthwhile for OC. See everyone Satuday!

It is a big step to 'come out of the closet' so to speak. It takes great courage.

It will be a big deal for us to have more women/minorities involved, thank you.