• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Police interaction

protias

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
protias wrote:
I just had three Waukesha County deputies (whose names I did get) stop by my house for concerns I may be impersonating a police officer because of how my car looks. I have a police scanner and CB radio in there.
You have GOT to be kidding!

This is NOT an attack. We MUST ALWAYS get names and badge numbers of every officer we interact with. This is now harassment to the n'th degree.

I strongly suggest you start getting your friends to start contacting ALL media first thing tomorrow. Have then write, email, call and provide a very nice but clear message that you are being pursued by both the State Patrol and now the Sheriffs department for having broken no law.

I would go down to the county seat. Talk to the county clerk and request the necessary documents to lodge a harassment complaint against the Sheriff and the department.

Action is also required.

I suggest breakfast/coffee at Starbuks Saturday morning, while OC. Who is up for that. Then a OC brunch at the same place you were at today, and then an OC dinner at a local non-tavern/bar venue of your choosing. We need to bring as many OC participants into Waukesha as possible THIS Saturday.
There is a Starbucks right in Sussex, not even 500 feet from China Wok.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Protias, did they say who called you in? It wouldn't surprise me at all if a call came from the State Patrol... The trooper who came flying into the China Wok seemed to have a real personal problem with a citizen going about their law-abiding business.

He may not have let it go there...

Please keep us informed.

Also, for anyone that hasn't, these updates go out on twitter. (and this one did today) please visit www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry and sign up for updates. You'll get a text message to your cell phone the instant something like this happens.

protias

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
FOIA! Who suggested that they visit you? Any and all communications containing your name, the names of the DoT cops or from DoT to SO today.
I do not remember who the LEO said to follow up. Where do I go to do a open records request/report?

protias

imported post

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman wrote:
Protias, did they say who called you in? It wouldn't surprise me at all if a call came from the State Patrol... The trooper who came flying into the China Wok seemed to have a real personal problem with a citizen going about their law-abiding business.

He may not have let it go there...

Please keep us informed.

Also, for anyone that hasn't, these updates go out on twitter. (and this one did today) please visit http://www.twitter.com/wisconsincarry and sign up for updates. You'll get a text message to your cell phone the instant something like this happens.
The one LEO said the state troopers had contacted someone at the county. I do not remember who.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I agree with Doug. You need to submit an open records request to both the State Patrol and the County Sheriff for all documents, emails, reports, phone calls, etc between February 14 and 17 pertaining to your name and/or address and/or license number.

As for the concept of an OC walk as suggested on other threads, Sussex is IT, and the Date is Saturday. We can do some Shopping at the local WalMart, Kohls, Shopko,etc. while we are at it.

The time and place was NOT of our choosing, but we will stand with you.

Are the rest of you guys with me? Can we get 25 to 30 or more like we did in Racine last fall?

Will you answer the call for one of our own?

Landose_theghost

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
I agree with Doug. You need to submit an open records request to both the State Patrol and the County Sheriff for all documents, emails, reports, phone calls, etc between February 14 and 17 pertaining to your name and/or address and/or license number.

As for the concept of an OC walk as suggested on other threads, Sussex is IT, and the Date is Saturday. We can do some Shopping at the local WalMart, Kohls, Shopko,etc. while we are at it.

Are the rest of you guys with me? Can we get 25 to 30 or more like we did in Racine last fall?

I concur, lets bring the pressure, and lets bring it soon. 30+ ppl OC'n ought 2 showem they cannot Eff with law abiding citizens. This whole situation is $hit IMO. I'll be there forsure with a few fellow OC'rs.

-Landose-

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

It's not like poor old 66.0409 with no teeth and no daddy. The DA is Ch. 19's daddy!

XIII. Enforcement and Penalties.
A. Mandamus. If an authority withholds a record or part of a record, or delays granting
access to a record or part of a record after a written request for disclosure is made,
the requester may:
1. Bring an action for mandamus asking a court to order release of the record;
or
2. Submit a written request to the district attorney of the county where the
record is located or to the Attorney General requesting that an action for
mandamus be brought asking the court to order release of the record to the
requester.
Wis. Stat. § 19.37(1). Mandamus procedures are set forth in Chapters 781 and
783 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
B. A request must be made in writing before a mandamus action to enforce the request
is commenced. Wis. Stat. § 19.35(1)(h).

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Undercover cars.... right. That could be said about any car.

An unmarked car is one thing... and an undercover is another. No undercover car worth a crap is going to look anything like a cop car with antennas, etc.

They ought to read the law. Impersonating an officer means to intentionally mislead others into thinking you are an LEO. By their standards, apparently, they could go after anyone who drives a Crown Vic.

protias

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

Starbucks
N65W24950 Main Street
Sussex, WI 53089

Kohl's
N66w25101 Silver Spring Dr.
Sussex, WI

George Webb
N65 W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

China Wok
N65W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

McDonald's
W249 N6522 Hwy 164
Sussex, WI

These are all within a half mile. We shall start with breakfast at 9AM at Starbucks.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

This is a clear case of harassment by the trooper and local LEO's. Don't let them intimidate you.

Continue video taping every encounter and don't forget porcupine411 if you need it. It is a great recorder and it is free.

File Open Records Requests on both encounters as there has to be some form of communication between the trooper and the locals.

Get all of the info you can and file a suit for harassment and infringement of your rights for the incident at the restaurant. Make sure you talk to the owners and get them on your side. I am sure you probably spend more money there then the troopers do. In fact find out if those troopers are excepting any complimentary items from the owners and turn them in for abuse of authority. Hit them hard and hit them fast. Let them know you mean business.

Do not let them in your home for any reason or your vehicle. Refuse all searches and do not give them any information at all. Make sure you OC at every opportunity. If they are watching you will know it.

Might be a good idea to talk to John Monroe on this one.

protias

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
This is a clear case of harassment by the trooper and local LEO's. Don't let them intimidate you.

Continue video taping every encounter and don't forget porcupine411 if you need it. It is a great recorder and it is free.

File Open Records Requests on both encounters as there has to be some form of communication between the trooper and the locals.

Get all of the info you can and file a suit for harassment and infringement of your rights for the incident at the restaurant.

Do not let them in your home for any reason or your vehicle. Refuse all searches and do not give them any information at all.

Might be a good idea to talk to John Monroe on this one.
I will have my video camera with me at all times now and have my voice record just in case my video camera dies. I do need to get a good mic just in case they approach me.

AaronS

imported post

protias wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Starbucks
N65W24950 Main Street
Sussex, WI 53089

Kohl's
Sussex, WI

George Webb
N65 W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

China Wok
N65W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

McDonald's
W249 N6522 Hwy 164
Sussex, WI

These are all within a half mile. We shall start with breakfast at 9AM at Starbucks.

I'm in for a Saturday lunch. Just let me know the time and place. I can't stand this kind of stuff from OUR cops...

Oh, and your car does not look like any cop car I have ever seen in this state. Looks like a ham radio set (scanner) and CB to me. And your gun just shows that you care.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:

I'm in. This will not be tolerated.

I was following this thread, but passed on posting, until now.

Before BNH blew into the Battle Horn, I was going to say, this is why OC is for law abiding citizens. Once you get their attention, they will find the chink in the armor, if there is one.

That is why, before I started to OC, I had to stop growing marijuana in my basement making moonshine out in the barn, shooting deer from the road any time of the year, and I had toget rid of all the immigrant child labor that I used to run the operationback to their own country.

If that was not bad enough, I had to divorce 2 of my 3 wifes.:what:

All joking aside. I am SOOOO in!

protias

imported post

AaronS wrote:
protias wrote:
bnhcomputing wrote:

Starbucks
N65W24950 Main Street
Sussex, WI 53089

Kohl's
Sussex, WI

George Webb
N65 W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

China Wok
N65W24838 Main St.
Sussex, WI

McDonald's
W249 N6522 Hwy 164
Sussex, WI

I'm in for a Saturday lunch. Just let me know the time and place. I can't stand this kind of stuff from OUR cops...

Oh, and your car does not look like any cop car I have ever seen in this state. Looks like a ham radio set (scanner) and CB to me. And your gun just shows that you care.
Lunch, I vote for China Wok and if people aren't up for Chinese, Webbs is 500 feet away.

Just to get a rough estimate: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?invites&eid=309316339646

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We will be visiting several businesses throughout the day Saturday. Giving a specific time/place will be difficult.

You can email me: Hubert@WisconsinCarry.org once you get to town, and I will let you know where we are at, or you can PM me ahead of time, I'll give you my cell #, and you can just call to see where we are at.

protias

imported post

I didn't see it in here, where do I need to go to file the open records request? To each police station or should I go to the county court house?

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

A phone call is sufficient. I'd follow up with a written request.

t is declared to be the public policy of this state that all persons are entitled to the greatest possible information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those officers and employees who represent them.” Wis. Stat. § 19.31. This is one of the strongest declarations of policy found in the Wisconsin statutes. Zellner v. Cedarburg School Dist., 2007 WI 53, ¶ 49, __ Wis. 2d __, 731 N.W.2d 240.