• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State wide let's get lunch 4/18

mspgunner

He took the time to go to House committee hearings, Gun day at the Capitol and organized the OC lunch after Gun Day!
He doesn't get involved? Festus has provided information and logistics for Jefferson City 2A events... Might want ot rethink that last post.

Anyone who does anything to support 2A rights and OC rights is a cut above those who do no more than object on discussion boards and do nothing in real life.

There are hundereds of real people around the country who put in time and effort for the movement. This discussion forum is terrific! But moving beyond the key board is the step that has to be taken.

I'm glad you're in my head and know what I am truely thinking. Since you are there, what am I thinking now?

You're a piece of work. You haven't helped in motivating folks to participate with these inuendos!

I feel real sorry for you.

Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen
Oh I will. I will focus my efforts with a group that actually cares a little. This forum isn't the only one out there, and frankly, the others give a hoot more than most of these people do.

It's a joke around here listening to people spew how "We already have Constitutional Carry, it's in our Constitution " , It's our right" , etc , then do absolutely nothing about it.

No blame game here, just facts. Fact is, this group doesn't care , so I'm done caring about them myself. I'll focus my efforts with other people that are really for 2A rights .
I'm glad you're in my head and know what I am truely thinking. Since you are there, what am I thinking now?

You're a piece of work. You haven't helped in motivating folks to participate with these inuendos!

I feel real sorry for you.

Festus_Hagen

You haven't helped in motivating folks to participate with these inuendos!
I'm not trying to motivate anyone. That's impossible and I'm done with it.. You don't need help from someone like me .

I will work with the people who care and are in the know and that will be through email and behind the scenes, not on this forum .
Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just done with it.

Good luck to each and every one of you in your future.

Redbaron007

I'm not trying to motivate anyone. That's impossible and I'm done with it.. You don't need help from someone like me .

I will work with the people who care and are in the know and that will be through email and behind the scenes, not on this forum .
Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm just done with it.

Good luck to each and every one of you in your future.

Condeming those who didn't meet YOUR expectation is usually a rule for disappointment.

Yes, we need you and every other person who showed and didn't. I appreciate your involvement. There is more to it then just gun day. I understand it is a day to show support to our politicians, however, it isn't the end of the world. I had a vacation day scheduled and lost it because of unscheduled activities.

If it makes you feel better, just take your ball and go to another park to play; I believe you will be disappointed there, too, at some point.

Later!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
What a mess!

I suppose the point so many are missing is the complain vs get off ass factor.

Several hundred are willing to complain, far fewer as demonstrated get off their asses at all. Not unlike any other stereotype, blanket statements do not fit all parties. I was not at gun day this year, I did not hear enough wanting to go but could not afford to bother with chartering a bus for them, and none of it changes what happened.

I really have no idea what the reason I could not be there this year was, it might have been the military here for training, I may no have even been in the state, I frankly have been so busy I do not remember that far back and I am not going to go dig my franklin planner out just to justify it.

What Festus said is true of MANY, a large part of Missouri gun owners are complacent. They want constitutional carry, they want to complain that it does not exist, however, they are satisfied enough as close as we are now and that is just how it happens to be folks. That does not mean EVERYONE who did not attend the rally is in that position, but without much doubt, considering past rally days, it is clear that is exactly where a large part of the problem is at this year.

I am neither mad nor even annoyed, just disappointed, it is what it is.

Festus_Hagen

What a mess!

I suppose the point so many are missing is the complain vs get off ass factor.

Several hundred are willing to complain, far fewer as demonstrated get off their asses at all. Not unlike any other stereotype, blanket statements do not fit all parties. I was not at gun day this year, I did not hear enough wanting to go but could not afford to bother with chartering a bus for them, and none of it changes what happened.

I really have no idea what the reason I could not be there this year was, it might have been the military here for training, I may no have even been in the state, I frankly have been so busy I do not remember that far back and I am not going to go dig my franklin planner out just to justify it.

What Festus said is true of MANY, a large part of Missouri gun owners are complacent. They want constitutional carry, they want to complain that it does not exist, however, they are satisfied enough as close as we are now and that is just how it happens to be folks. That does not mean EVERYONE who did not attend the rally is in that position, but without much doubt, considering past rally days, it is clear that is exactly where a large part of the problem is at this year.

I am neither mad nor even annoyed, just disappointed, it is what it is.
Your exactly right Rich, I just wasn't gonna explain it. Either they get it or they don't, I'm done caring.

BTW... you were out of state that day ...lol. Just so you know . :p Missed seein' ya though. See ya next time. :)