• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State wide let's get lunch 4/18

mspgunner

I will be there as soon as I figure out where it is :) I guess I need to read the thread... lol

Here is the OC lunch information:
Here's a map to Ria's. I can talk to them about our group, they like me there.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=...88784329903165

Sure. From the Capitol, take a right on Hwy. 50. Go about 2 miles till you get to the 179 exit. Take the ramp, then head left under the highway. Keep going until the stoplight at Edgewood ( about a mile or less ) , then turn right on Edgewood. Go about a mile and it is on the right. Can't miss it.

Redbaron007

Sorry...No go for me afterall.

Too many things popped up at the last moment. :(

Hope everyone has a great and productive time!! :cool:

Last edited:

Oramac

I actually ended up scheduling another interview this morning. Didn't even get home until 1pm, unfortunately. On the bright side, one of the companies called me back and wants to hire me. So I can't be too upset.

mspgunner

Pretty poor showing . Doesn't look good for our cause at all , I'm ashamed . :(

Ya get what ya give .

Perhaps 75 people showed in total. This was the lowest turn out ever for Gun Day at the capitol. It was obvious the legislators were not impressed.

Very few, needless to say at the OC lunch as well.

It's our rights we are trying to regain, little support from the public on gun rights may well reflect what we get from our legislators who took time out of their day to coem and talk with us.

I'll post next years date when I get it, if they (The three 2A groups in Missouri) in fact get a permit for this again?

Those of us who did go were very disappointed in the turn out!

Il. who does not have any form of carry gets thousands to turn out for their gun day rally, what we do not support we may lose!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Think that many people are temporarily burnt out on the rallies, meetings etc. I'm seeing this in many states and on both sides of the fence.

Don't disparage, keep up the enthusiasm and try to avoid expressing too much disappointment. Build a new cause celebre after a spell and hopefully they will surprise you. Sometimes for no good reason things don't work out and then after a short break all is functioning on 8 cylinders again.

mspgunner

Think that many people are temporarily burnt out on the rallies, meetings etc. I'm seeing this in many states and on both sides of the fence.

Don't disparage, keep up the enthusiasm and try to avoid expressing too much disappointment. Build a new cause celebre after a spell and hopefully they will surprise you. Sometimes for no good reason things don't work out and then after a short break all is functioning on 8 cylinders again.

Our "Gun Day" at the capitol is a once a year event and announced many months in advanced and is sposored by the three large 2A groups in Missouri.

The attendence in past years has been in the hundreds in our State Capitol. This was SAD!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our "Gun Day" at the capitol is a once a year event and announced many months in advanced and is sposored by the three large 2A groups in Missouri.

The attendence in past years has been in the hundreds in our State Capitol. This was SAD!

Obviously not in my back yard and I know only a few of the players, but I think you are missing my point.

Emphasizing disappointment or dwelling on the same accomplishes nothing but to feed negativism and those opposed to your goals.

Rather that someone point out that every member in attendance represents another 100 that can't make this journey during a week-day - the truly dedicated gave their all. Reminding people that numbers do count is good, but find that 3 or 4 making regular personal visits to legislators is where the real gritty work gets done.

You can brow beat them, push them, or drag them, but they won't drink from the well unless they are thirsty.......so gotta do you best to make them thirsty and shame won't cut it. Find a way to be upbeat - it will pay off.

Just my one cents worth.

mspgunner

Politics is a numbers game, votes/money/influence.

The more of all of those that you have create the greatest influence on elected officials. Morals, right and wrong also pla a part. There is nothing like the power of people!

Obviously not in my back yard and I know only a few of the players, but I think you are missing my point.

Emphasizing disappointment or dwelling on the same accomplishes nothing but to feed negativism and those opposed to your goals.

Rather that someone point out that every member in attendance represents another 100 that can't make this journey during a week-day - the truly dedicated gave their all. Reminding people that numbers do count is good, but find that 3 or 4 making regular personal visits to legislators is where the real gritty work gets done.

You can brow beat them, push them, or drag them, but they won't drink from the well unless they are thirsty.......so gotta do you best to make them thirsty and shame won't cut it. Find a way to be upbeat - it will pay off.

Just my one cents worth.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Politics is a numbers game, votes/money/influence.

The more of all of those that you have create the greatest influence on elected officials. Morals, right and wrong also pla a part. There is nothing like the power of people!

Agree completely - numbers are power - also nothing beats success but success. Digg your heels in, blow the bugles and beat the drums - hope for a lot, expect less and you'll never be disappointed.

Guess you can tell that I'm not a "the glass is half empty" guy. I truly believe that it is at least half full and that the level is rising. :D

Don't bail - pour! It is the anti's boat you are sinking. Sometimes it is one drop at a time, but that will wear rocks away :exclaim:

Festus_Hagen

That very well may be.

I guess when they pass more gun laws, it's just the product of people being "burnt out" and not "getting around to talking to the right people" . Ya get what ya give, so expect what ya gave guys. Don't complain about it like we see so much here on the forums.

Today showed the people in power that there is not a threat from the 2A side at this point in time. We are not even worried about our rights, so why should they? I wouldn't bat an eye when a pro 2A person sent me anything if I were them. Today proved "we just don't give a damn" so they may as well go after the voters that do . The 2A crowd isn't it , and that's just sad.

Carry on ( Until you can't anymore by law ) .

No big deal. Apparently . :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Could just have a big bonfire and roast everybody, maybe that will work.

I've seen 2-3 people carry the load (lobbying) successfully, not dependent on a crowd.

Sorry you didn't get what you wanted/expected. Now what, play the blame game or get back to work?

No one should consider this a personal attack - just asking that you consider a different approach to your goals.

Festus_Hagen

just asking that you consider a different approach to your goals.
Oh I will. I will focus my efforts with a group that actually cares a little. This forum isn't the only one out there, and frankly, the others give a hoot more than most of these people do.

It's a joke around here listening to people spew how "We already have Constitutional Carry, it's in our Constitution " , It's our right" , etc , then do absolutely nothing about it.

No blame game here, just facts. Fact is, this group doesn't care , so I'm done caring about them myself. I'll focus my efforts with other people that are really for 2A rights .

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh I will. I will focus my efforts with a group that actually cares a little. This forum isn't the only one out there, and frankly, the others give a hoot more than most of these people do.

It's a joke around here listening to people spew how "We already have Constitutional Carry, it's in our Constitution " , It's our right" , etc , then do absolutely nothing about it.

No blame game here, just facts. Fact is, this group doesn't care , so I'm done caring about them myself. I'll focus my efforts with other people that are really for 2A rights .

Festus I hold no animosity towards you and doubt that many in your area do, yet you castigate the "group" and the "forum" with selective and judgmental opinions in the guise of facts - that is insulting. Indeed you are playing the blame card.

Your definition would categorize me as "not caring" if I couldn't make a meeting or failed to catch a spammer. It just aint fact. Too many beans in that barrel to just count one. Whether you want flies or bees, I'm trying suggest that you are better off not using vinegar.

Choosing to donate your services where you wish is a personal decision, yet you appear to be bent on leaving scotched earth behind you here. You really should ease off on the ranting - it ill becomes you and quite frankly has approached a rules violation now.

Oramac

Festus I hold no animosity towards you and doubt that many in your area do, yet you castigate the "group" and the "forum" with selective and judgmental opinions in the guise of facts - that is insulting. Indeed you are playing the blame card.

I tried to stay out of it, but I have to second this. Making a blanket statement that anyone who wasn't there doesn't care is both completely false and plain ******* insulting.

I had 2 job interviews yesterday. It was the only time that would work for both myself and the companies I interviewed with. I didn't even get back to my home until 1 pm, much less able to make the hour plus drive to JC. I make no apologies, nor should I have to.

If your attitude is representative of those who attend these rallies (which I know it isn't, thankfully) I would never show to any of them. I do not allow myself to be around people who can see the cloud in every silver lining and insult people because of it.

Grapeshot is absolutely right in this regard. Stay positive and look toward increasing attendance for any upcoming events. I will tell you flat out, the way you're handling it now is not the way to get more people to show up.

mspgunner

No finger pointing here, there were hundreds in past years, that was good. Not pointing at you or anyone else.

Just the fact "The turn out was pathetic". Can we do better next year? I certainly hope so. OK, we want this, we want that....
"WE" need to get our collective acts together and get our voices heard.

We have old 2A groups, some with thousands of "subscribers", (and a lot of whiners) we have "new" 2A groups who want to help make a difference,, no show there either. There is no better voice than a unified voice.

WE DIDN'T HAVE THAT ON THE MOST LEGISLATIVELY INFLUENTIAL DAY OF THE YEAR
*****Gun Day at the capitol*****
Don't take it personally, hundreds of people didn't come through, we have to live with it and move on.

If the 3 most active 2A groups in Missouri (MSSA,GCLA, WMSA, do it again next year, I'll post the date as soon as I know it and send reminders every month!

Unless I just pack it in, throw up my hands and seay the heck with it.... Gett'n close.

I tried to stay out of it, but I have to second this. Making a blanket statement that anyone who wasn't there doesn't care is both completely false and plain ******* insulting.

I had 2 job interviews yesterday. It was the only time that would work for both myself and the companies I interviewed with. I didn't even get back to my home until 1 pm, much less able to make the hour plus drive to JC. I make no apologies, nor should I have to.

If your attitude is representative of those who attend these rallies (which I know it isn't, thankfully) I would never show to any of them. I do not allow myself to be around people who can see the cloud in every silver lining and insult people because of it.

Grapeshot is absolutely right in this regard. Stay positive and look toward increasing attendance for any upcoming events. I will tell you flat out, the way you're handling it now is not the way to get more people to show up.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm headed out the door, but want to leave everyone with an old truism - Winners never quit and quitters never win. Dig in and hit it again.

Best wishes.

Redbaron007

I'm glad you're in my head and know what I am truely thinking. Since you are there, what am I thinking now?

You're a piece of work. You haven't helped in motivating folks to participate with these inuendos!

I feel real sorry for you.