• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State wide let's get lunch 4/18

mspgunner

A couple of us will look at a few places for the OC lunch an post name and location with directions from the Missouri Capitol.
This won't happen till end of Feb or beginning of March with the gun day being April 18th.
I'm glad we have a member from here in JC....

Festus_Hagen

A couple of us will look at a few places for the OC lunch an post name and location with directions from the Missouri Capitol.
This won't happen till end of Feb or beginning of March with the gun day being April 18th.
I'm glad we have a member from here in JC....
Hey,
I'll do what I can. :)

I'll tell ya what though, and I been thinkin' it so will throw it out there.

There is a place in town on Edgewood called Ria's . I go there a couple times a week for lunch buffet. It's a Greek place, but they have pizza. wings. fried chicken, pasta and a whole slew of other stuff on the buffet. 8'ish bux for all and a drink, not bad. I also OC in there alot and they are always really nice and do not have a problem with it. I'm also kinda "in" with the owners since they see me in there all the time and always talk to me and even put in a Gyro pizza every time I come in . I could touch base with them on our party if we choose to do so. They are really just good folks with awesome food.

We have time yet, just throwin' that out there. :)

mspgunner

Hey,
I'll do what I can. :)

I'll tell ya what though, and I been thinkin' it so will throw it out there.

There is a place in town on Edgewood called Ria's . I go there a couple times a week for lunch buffet. It's a Greek place, but they have pizza. wings. fried chicken, pasta and a whole slew of other stuff on the buffet. 8'ish bux for all and a drink, not bad. I also OC in there alot and they are always really nice and do not have a problem with it. I'm also kinda "in" with the owners since they see me in there all the time and always talk to me and even put in a Gyro pizza every time I come in . I could touch base with them on our party if we choose to do so. They are really just good folks with awesome food.

We have time yet, just throwin' that out there. :)

Well.... you are the JC/OC Man!.... i'll be out to meet up with you, we can do lunch there next month, you have the dates.
Still a lot of time before the rally! Heck if it's an OK place (easy enouigh to find from the Capitol) and they want maybe 20 additional folks to drop in one day.. cool! Heck, it will give me an option everytime I'm in J.C. too!

See ya in a couple of weeks or so....

Thanks!

Oramac

There is a place in town on Edgewood

Edgewood, eh? I used to race there back in high school. Good times. Too many cops there now I'm sure. It's not all that far away from the Capital either, though to be fair, in JC nothing's very far from the Capital!

Festus_Hagen

Edgewood, eh? I used to race there back in high school. Good times. Too many cops there now I'm sure. It's not all that far away from the Capital either, though to be fair, in JC nothing's very far from the Capital!
Edgewood has changed a lot in the last 5 years. New green way for walkers/ joggers. 4 lanes with stop lights. Doctor's complexes and a high dollar subdivision. All this past the new 179 towards Westview Heights.

It's a few miles from the Capital , but very easy to locate.

Oramac

Edgewood has changed a lot in the last 5 years. New green way for walkers/ joggers. 4 lanes with stop lights. Doctor's complexes and a high dollar subdivision. All this past the new 179 towards Westview Heights.

It's a few miles from the Capital , but very easy to locate.

Wow. Sounds like it's really been built up. I don't get out there much anymore. I guess Twilight is officially dead then. Oh well.

It does sounds like a good area to have lunch in though!

mspgunner

Gunswelcome.jpg

Oramac

Are there any updates to the plan for this? Still planning on meeting somewhere on Edgewood? Times? Places?

Festus_Hagen

Are there any updates to the plan for this? Still planning on meeting somewhere on Edgewood? Times? Places?

Nothing set in stone, but IMO Ria's is a GREAT place to eat, though about 4 miles from the Capitol building. There is Arris' across the street, but a few of us got sick on their buffet once, so I'm not gonna eat there.

Here's a map to Ria's. I can talk to them about our group, they like me there.
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...ferson+City,+MO&hl=en&cid=2796188784329903165

Discuss ...

Last edited:

mspgunner

Nothing set in stone, but IMO Ria's is a GREAT place to eat, though about 4 miles from the Capitol building. There is Arris' across the street, but a few of us got sick on their buffet once, so I'm not gonna eat there.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q...ferson+City,+MO&hl=en&cid=2796188784329903165

Discuss ...

Sounds good to me. if this works for others 1:00 or 1:30? Gives folks a chance to return any where in the State at a reasonable time. here are the directions from the Capitol building (Easy):
Suggested routes5.7 mi, 13 mins US-50 W and W Edgewood Dr
5.2 mi, 15 mins Edgewood Dr
5.7 mi, 15 mins US-50 W
Driving directions to Ria's Restaurant & Lounge 3D2D

- more info »

Missouri State Senate
201 West Capitol AvenueJefferson City, MO 65101
(573) 751-4806

1. Head east on W Capitol Ave
56 ft
2. Keep left at the fork
0.2 mi
3. Slight right onto W Capitol Ave/W Main St
Continue to follow W Main St
0.2 mi
4. Turn left onto Missouri Blvd
0.2 mi
5. Turn right onto US-50 W
2.7 mi
6. Take the MO-179 exit toward Jamestown
0.2 mi
7. Turn left onto MO-179 S/Commerce Dr
0.8 mi
8. Turn right onto W Edgewood Dr
Destination will be on the right
1.3 mi

Ria's Restaurant & Lounge
3550 W Edgewood DrJefferson City, MO 65109

Oramac

Discuss ...

Assuming I have that day off (that schedule hasn't been made yet), Ria's sounds like a good place to me. And really 5 miles isn't far at all.

Big Boy

Sounds good to me. I'll see you all there.

Obviously *I think?* We all plan to be OC'ing at Rias?

However I have not been to Jeff City before, or to gun day. So is everything inside a capitol building, or outside? Should I be OC'ing, CC'ing, leave the gun in the car'ing?

Festus_Hagen

Sounds good to me. I'll see you all there.

Obviously *I think?* We all plan to be OC'ing at Rias?

However I have not been to Jeff City before, or to gun day. So is everything inside a capitol building, or outside? Should I be OC'ing, CC'ing, leave the gun in the car'ing?
Everyone can OC at Ria's, but you CANNOT at the Capitol Building, no matter what.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Everyone can OC at Ria's, but you CANNOT at the Capitol Building, no matter what.

Apparently your legislators think that the state buildings are their private property.

I truly appreciate what one of our legislators said on this subject in 2011: "This is the PEOPLE'S house. I cannot and will not bar them the means to exercise a constitutional right here!" Accordingly we may still carry in the seat of our state government.

The only problem that has ever occurred was when a senator had a ND is his office, putting a hole in his coat and the wall. Oh, and can't carry in the senate gallery (balcony) - guess they don't want anyone to have an elevated position. :lol:

Oramac

Oh, and can't carry in the senate gallery (balcony) - guess they don't want anyone to have an elevated position. :lol:

Where does it say this? I know several people who CC on the balcony and on the floor. All have read the law personally and all tell me it is totally legal for anyone with a valid permit.

Redbaron007

Where does it say this? I know several people who CC on the balcony and on the floor. All have read the law personally and all tell me it is totally legal for anyone with a valid permit.

It says right here, #6 for CCW. Plus if it is posted, you can't OC. Since I haven't been there in a while, the actual capitol, I'm not sure if it is posted or not.

Even if isn't a 'criminal' offense; I'm sure the capitol police would like to set you out as an example...especially on 'Gun Day' at the capitol. Just my $.02.

Please, if anyone else has more information, please correct me.

Thx!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Perhaps I failed to make it clear - I was comparing "our" (Virginia) legislative buildings with your situation.