• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stopped x2 handcuffed seached gun and billfold taken threatened with DC/CCW revoked

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I am trying to find the attorney general's opinion on OC not being RAS to stop.
I tried doing a search couldn't find it.

Mike

There are numerous AG opinions relating to OC, but what is most important is the KY Supreme Court case "Holland v. Commonwealth." This is all you need, and the fact that there is nothing in KRS that makes OC'ing a crime, and that the KY Constitution protects our right to OC. If something is not illegal then that activity is legal, and therefore it does not justify RAS that a crime is being committed based on the legal act itself. This is common sense, or at least it you would think it is.

DocWalker

Just look at it for what it is; a game (or contest if you will) between their will and yours. They hope you will tire of the game and stop carrying.
It's just a simple matter of who will get tired of the game fastest.

They want you to play the game by their rules; I politely suggest you make them play it according to your rules and at your convenience.

The game needs to be taken to court.

Get all the information from 911 and records from the cops.

Get a LAWYER and bring a lawsuit against the city, cops, department for false imprisonment, restriction of your freedoms, harrassment, and anything else your lawyer can come up with.

I would also file a complaint with the ACLU (I can't believe I said this) about your civil rights being trampled.

If your lawyer ok's go to the media with your case and shine a light on the miscondut of these officers. Roachs hate the light.

self preservation

I would also file a complaint with the ACLU (I can't believe I said this) about your civil rights being trampled.

I believe the ACLU will only take on cases that affect a large group of people. I understand that this affect a large group of people per-se, but I doubt this would be their cup of tea. But it never hurts to try.

self preservation

I don't know. The ACLU came to Rush Limbaugh's defense during his drug incident.

I can't claim to have very much knowledge at all when it comes to the ACLU. Have never dealt with them but I did look at their website one time to try to learn about them. I wanted to provide you with a link that said something to the effect of "we mostly/prefer to represent large groups" but instead I found this link http://www.aclu.org/about-aclu-0 that supports what you are saying. So who the hell knows?

Motofixxer

Ya know Boys, I'm from out west and used to ride horses with a lot of cops and was very close friends with a few. I was always told that if I ever had a problem with a cop, to ask to see his supervisor. (I was told this by a supervisor)

Like this guy who was arrested in Colorado Springs Park by multiple SGT's? http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?105711-Man-arrested-for-OC-in-Colorado-Springs-park

Or the Madison Culvers 5 who were arrested by a SGT who got the orders from a LT? Then charges later issued by a Detective after being told by Culvers employees and the 911 caller there was not disturbance??? Or the many others?

F350

The game needs to be taken to court.

Get all the information from 911 and records from the cops.

Get a LAWYER and bring a lawsuit against the city, cops, department for false imprisonment, restriction of your freedoms, harrassment, and anything else your lawyer can come up with.

If your lawyer ok's go to the media with your case and shine a light on the miscondut of these officers. Roachs hate the light.

Also go to the closest FBI office or US Attorney's office and see about filing 18 USC 241; 242 charges against all "officers" involved. These are the CRIMINAL statutes that if successful could land the cops in federal prison for up to 10 years, cause even if successful in a civil actions the cops walk away scott free with taxpayers paying the bill.

DrakeZ07

I love the ACLU, and I'd suggest you go with them to help ya out. They've helped me more than once in the past with First, and 4th amendment issues,a nd with tracking and removing my name from the watchlist. [Whole mess of sh!t] and they didn't charge me a dime :D

KYGlockster

Activist Member
They ACLU loves all Constitutional Amendments as long as it isn't the Second Amendment. I doubt you will get the ACLU to help you considering the aspects of the violations.

Sig229

I love the ACLU, and I'd suggest you go with them to help ya out. They've helped me more than once in the past with First, and 4th amendment issues,a nd with tracking and removing my name from the watchlist. [Whole mess of sh!t] and they didn't charge me a dime :D

What is this "watch list" that you were on?

self preservation

That is the position of the National ACLU. Some of the state chapters have take on some Second Amendment issues, notably Nevada. Unfortunately, the Ky chapter is not one of those so disposed. The Ky chapter of the ACLU lists as their issues:

1. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Rights
2. Reproductive Rights
3. Abolition of the Death Penalty
4. Voting Rights
5. Immigration Rights

If I find any Lesbian, Gay or Transgender Mexicans that can't make a baby because they are on death row for trying to vote, but instead went to jail for being an illegal immigrant, I'll point them to the KY ACLU chapter.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That is the position of the National ACLU. Some of the state chapters have take on some Second Amendment issues, notably Nevada. Unfortunately, the Ky chapter is not one of those so disposed. The Ky chapter of the ACLU lists as their issues:

1. Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Rights
2. Reproductive Rights
3. Abolition of the Death Penalty
4. Voting Rights
5. Immigration Rights

That's odd isn't it? None of what they have listed is even considered a right protected by the government. Some have been deemed a right, but they are not listed in the Constitution.