• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TEA PARTY IN SEARCHLIGHT

GoDSpeeD

imported post

The Tea Party movement has become ridiculous and what's up with the name "Tea Party Express". Just like everything else it seems to be about money and politics for show. If I went my sign would say "The Tea Party is not Sarah Palin".

GoDSpeeD

doninvegas

imported post

so what time does this start in search light????
it should be a nice ride down there...lol where is every one meeting up down there????:what:

AngryBeaver

imported post

Im coming from Ft Irwin and hope to be there early..the rally meet up time is 12noon though.Heard thousands are already there spending the night.If any of you OCers go send me a txt or call so we can group up...760-780-7016

Gil

Ddave

imported post

Hey co-patriots: I didn't attend the event, but I read online somewhere that LVMPD Detained someone for"Carring a gun in a holster" during the Tea Party in Searchlight, and then the person was released...

Was it anyonefrom NV, or an out-of-stater?

:DI hope to see that Vid posted on You Tube! :lol:

surekill44

imported post

I was all over that little town with my G17 on my hip and not a word from anyone. The leo at the event were very cool and never gave me a second look when I walked by about 15 of the at the front gate. Great time...

Eventhorizon

imported post

Ddave wrote:
Hey co-patriots: I didn't attend the event, but I read online somewhere that LVMPD Detained someone for"Carring a gun in a holster" during the Tea Party in Searchlight, and then the person was released...

Was it anyonefrom NV, or an out-of-stater?

:DI hope to see that Vid posted on You Tube! :lol:

I came in through the front gate as well with a XD 45 on my hip with no issues. However,I did see the detainment of theO/C by LVMPD. The officer asked him "why are you carrying that?" to which he replied it was his right to do so. The officer motioned him to the side and waived the rest of the group forward. I don’t think that officer saw my sidearm or I would have been stopped also.

I am pretty sure the officers got straightened out because at the end of the day I walked past those officers 5 times without incident, once with a pause and reversal of direction in the middle of the street, while I attempted to locate my party.