• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The OC Friendly List-Treasure Valley

4liberty

imported post

I like the group idea. But we also need something like porcupine411.com in Idaho. I will slowly work to get something like this running unless somethine like it already exists in Idaho.

IDEagleEye

imported post

Been lurking for quite a while, really like the site. Lots of good information.

I normally CC, but tried OC yesterday as I was going from Boise to Parma to shoot with a friend of mine. On the way back, stopped in the Wendy's in Caldwell to have a late lunch. No issues. One couple eyed me a little bit as I walked by, but they got in their Cadillac with California plates as I was leaving and tooled down the freeway. Guess that explains the nervousness... ;-)

No one else said anything, several families in there and I know the people waiting on me noticed the sidearm.

BTW - my friend's 8 year old son did pretty well shooting a full-size 20-gauge auto (going away shots), and also shot a couple clips out of my Kahr PM9. I was pretty impressed! He has had both his boys shooting for years (other one is younger), scaling up the guns as they get older.

My friend only carries CC, and it was kind of funny when his younger son asked me if I was a cop when he saw the pistol. Even though his dad shoots all the time, and he and his brother shoot regularly, he automatically thought I was a policeman when he saw me (even though he has known me for several years).

Jeff

Eric.

imported post

I'm still getting my ducks in a row (knowing all the laws thoroughly and printing them out for carry), so I don't yet OC. However, I can offer management my genuine appreciation for not harassing people for OCing. It seems I always need to get something from walmart. If someone is going to the Overland Wal mart let me know, I'll go at the same time and see if opportunity for praise of management arises.

Thelukaskezik

imported post

i was in costco the other day and had a manager approach me and say lines like,

"we have to be consistant"
and
"it makes customers nervous"
and
"some people dont like guns"

NEVER did she say the words "company policy" or "corporate" or anything like that like elsewhere I've been. I know it doesn't REALLY matter what they say, but without those lines it makes me want to be more stubborn.

so I told her something i heard someone say on here. i said i guess i understood her point, I just dont trust the security of my car and if someone watches me place it in my car, they could easily get their hands on my gun, so I would grab the two little things i was in there for, and leave. i think she was a little surprised at that and the polite yet firm delivery of my point. so she just mumbled and walked away. i just wont carry in there anymore.

IDEagleEye

imported post

So...that begs the question. Do they have a policy, or just a squeamish manager? I looked through the thread, and saw where people have said they are "unfriendly", but no one who has said yea or nea on an actual policy being quoted.

Thanks...Jeff

John Wolver

imported post

The closest I got was today, And the way it was put to me was that, they wanted people to check in at the door if they were armed. That being said, I had a meeting with the Manager, and he and the Warehouse manger feel that they do not want them in there. I spoke with him for awhile, they may reconsider. That being said he told me for now they do not want open carry in their store. Now they are not a public store, and it is not public property, so all we can do is keep working on them, talking to them and see what we can do.

John Wolver

imported post

Idaho Pizza Company is on the not friendly list. And as such I think a boycott is in order. So tell your friends. I spoke to the owner at length today. And no amount of persuasion is changing his mind. So lets hit the pocketbook. Might even have to do some public boycotting..

IDEagleEye

imported post

I'm confused over Idaho Pizza Company. I thought there was a "regular" meeting of open carriers on Tuesday nights at the one on Fairview east of Cole in Boise? Unfortunately I haven't been able to attend.

Has something changed? Is it another location you are talking about?

Thanks...Jeff

ecocks

imported post

Ok, I am really confused.

Do these Boiseshooters meet at IPC on Fairview Thursday evenings?

Is OC fully banned there?

Any combination of these situations?

John Wolver

imported post

well you can try to oc as you will. I was told it was not allowed. I dont know what boiseshooters can do or not do. If they are carrying we need to find out, and file discrimination charges. But all this aside, If this is how they feel its fine, I didnt ask them if they serve Leo's with out making them disarm, i should have.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

Ed and myself are going in there today to meet. Will post how it goes. Will be interesting to see if they allow us in there OCing and didn't let the group in there. If we get turned away well then they lost some business now and for the future. I will address the manager if we have no issues when I am on the way out the door. I will ask why we were good but the group wasn't. Not like you showed with 50 cowboys looking for a fight. Just a group of guys and got turned away. Will see today.

jdgypsy

imported post

Well Ed and I had zero problems. After sitting there for an hour we asked to speak to the manager. It ended up being the same guy who I had asked about reserving the room last time who continues to say it is not an issue. He said he would talk to the boss again. They have my number. We basically stated to him that after saying yes the last time and then to turn away customers who drove from as far out as Nampa and Caldwell only to allow Ed and I to sit without issue is ridiculous. Therefore they have my info and are going to give me a call back. I am not counting on a positive answer but hoping for the best. Actively looking for another location. Will post when we know.

jdgypsy

imported post

Seabolt,

If you can take Smokey Mountain off the OC friendly list for the Fairview location. We tried to conduct a group meeting there once a month and they said no as of today. Now if you go in there by yourself, you might be good. Your call, you update and started this thread.

Also had the issue with the Idaho Pizza company on Fairview in Meridian, as far as groups walking in there. They are inconsistant, both places mentioned here and I would suggest they are on the Un-Friendly list.

Seabolt

Ada County. (now ogden, layton area), Idaho, USA
imported post

Just updated it again. Thank you everyone for your continual input, AsI no longer live in the Boise/Nampa area, it is difficult for me to keep tabs on it myself. I do however visit quite often. Hope to see you all OC'ing around the area when i visit.