• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry Report

Mattimusmaximus

OC all over the Beaverton mall no one said anything not even a glance bought some books from powells and grabbed some fro-yo

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

We-the-People

Didn't open carry but felt it was worthy of putting in here.

Left for Kalifornia on Wednesday, returned Friday. I haven't felt so vulnerable in YEARS. We get home only to find that there was an armed robbery in town on Thursday night which was when my GF and I were walking to and from a store to pick up some smokes. So yeah, could have been me stuck in an armed robbery (Alameda is a small town) with no damn way to defend myself.....all because of an ignorant political class that refuses to recognize the failure of their draconian gun control policies.

I definitely need to start working on my "Kali legal" "OC" holster and get the thing operational.

mjcromp

Here's a good one. Went into Walmart OC as normal all over the store looking for stuff. Finally get to register and cashier makes a kinda ohhhh. Then starts to ring up my items and says that some kids came up to him the other day and told him that some guy (probably me) was OC in the store. The kids asked if he was gonna go talk to that person. He told the kids if they were concerned why don't they go talk to the guy with a gun! Nobody wanted to though. I explained to him that it is perfectly legal to carry there, and elaborated a bit more and could tell I was going over his comprehension for this hot afternoon so I left with a have a good day!

landon holt

Well I have a cheep black hawk I bought from Fred Meyers (the one by Hillsboro stadium (16$) maybe it's nylon I believe.. Any who I'm here till 430.
And if you need the info on this area I got it. Where about in the Beaverton area?

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

I actually just found the money to get an OWB holster. It'll mostly be for hiking and days when I'm sweating I think (I prefer CC for various reasons) - I've already had a touch of rust on my gun from sweating while moving my stuff into my apartment (I should've realized that leaving a gun in even a slightly damp holster was stupid). It's alright though. The bluing is just a little messed up, and that's it.

From what I understand, Beaverton is a non-open carry (ordinance) city. It doesn't matter for me though, having a CHL. We'll see when and where I'm able to get out and enjoy my freedom to OC once my holster arrives. :)

Last edited:

mjcromp

Walmart seems to be the place! Went back tonight for a few things and while waiting in line this boisterous group of three was in front of me. I noticed a guy in the group notice my OC and went about his stuff. A little bit later his gf noticed it and whispered to him then asked if it was a weapon. I again today had the opportunity to educate some ignorant Americans of their rights. It's been a good day. Makes me proud to OC!

Bi-mart. Sunnyview and Lancaster in Salem

Was in Bi-Mart again, en-route to my next job which I am required to carry open. Dressed in 911 uniform. Assistant manager asked me ti not open carry in his store...his store, hmmm.
1. I've been shopping at bi-mart since he was still coloring in his books.
2. A veteran of 23 years Army giving him and his ignorant generation rights they throw away.
3. Can you not tell I'm on duty? Really?
So, right then and there, that little heel cost bi-mart every hunting and fishing season of shopping from me and my sons and daughters who used to shop there for our supplies. We figure he is going to cost bi-mart around $3,000.00 a year. I sincerely hope headquarters finds out about this and stations him on a dark dock to contemplate the sacrifices many if my brethren made for him. Also, Do not shop there!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Was in Bi-Mart again, en-route to my next job which I am required to carry open. Dressed in 911 uniform. Assistant manager asked me ti not open carry in his store...his store, hmmm.
1. I've been shopping at bi-mart since he was still coloring in his books.
2. A veteran of 23 years Army giving him and his ignorant generation rights they throw away.
3. Can you not tell I'm on duty? Really?
So, right then and there, that little heel cost bi-mart every hunting and fishing season of shopping from me and my sons and daughters who used to shop there for our supplies. We figure he is going to cost bi-mart around $3,000.00 a year. I sincerely hope headquarters finds out about this and stations him on a dark dock to contemplate the sacrifices many if my brethren made for him. Also, Do not shop there!
Better to correct the situation if possible.

Report such conduct up the corporate food chain in a responsible and polite manner. Make your feelings known. It would be to everyone's benefit if a higher authority or existing company policy were to override this manager. You won't know if you don't try.

Mattimusmaximus

I actually just found the money to get an OWB holster. It'll mostly be for hiking and days when I'm sweating I think (I prefer CC for various reasons) - I've already had a touch of rust on my gun from sweating while moving my stuff into my apartment (I should've realized that leaving a gun in even a slightly damp holster was stupid). It's alright though. The bluing is just a little messed up, and that's it.

From what I understand, Beaverton is a non-open carry (ordinance) city. It doesn't matter for me though, having a CHL. We'll see when and where I'm able to get out and enjoy my freedom to OC once my holster arrives. :)

I do believe Beaverton is a no loaded carry... I walked past two officers that were aware of my presence and what I was carrying. And yes it's name has changes to cedar hills crossing but Beaverton mall sounds better to me :)

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Mattimusmaximus

Yesterday I went to winco late... Aroun 1130pm late to hit up the red box for some fun time. And a CEPD rent a cop came in behind me to use to bathroom. I know he saw and I heard my favorite cashier tell a customer who proclaimed "why do all these damn kids carry guns now and days?!" She looked at him and said "sir it's his damn right and he makes me feel safer at work" I laughed she winked

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

landon holt

Yesterday I went to winco late... Aroun 1130pm late to hit up the red box for some fun time. And a CEPD rent a cop came in behind me to use to bathroom. I know he saw and I heard my favorite cashier tell a customer who proclaimed "why do all these damn kids carry guns now and days?!" She looked at him and said "sir it's his damn right and he makes me feel safer at work" I laughed she winked

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

What an awesome cashier! Way to go!

Curious: if you've ever been stopped for open carry in a no open carry city, have you presented your CHL?

Last edited:

Mattimusmaximus

What an awesome cashier! Way to go!

Curious: if you've ever been stopped for open carry in a no open carry city, have you presented your CHL?

I have gotten stopped in Portland and Beaverton but unfortunately getting a CHL is on my "honey do" list right there with oil change and tire rotation. So yes I get stopped and they go mostly like this ... Officer: hi how are you? Can I talk with u? Me: if it's about me OC then no. Officer: oh ok well we got some complaints. Me: silent. Officer: are you carring loaded? Me: no ... And usually on my way within a min at most. Oregon is an OC state and does not require a CHL anywhere unless you carry loaded. And there is a pamphlet that has that info in the Oregon stickies. Great stuff and good Q. I'm free tomorrow for (Friday) a packing heat meet up if anyone's down?

On another note OC into Kroger union rep building in Tigard (was trying to get my bogus termination over turned) and then into Fred Meyers on tv highway no one said anything. Guess that's what happens when your a regular :D

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

landon holt

I have gotten stopped in Portland and Beaverton but unfortunately getting a CHL is on my "honey do" list right there with oil change and tire rotation. So yes I get stopped and they go mostly like this ... Officer: hi how are you? Can I talk with u? Me: if it's about me OC then no. Officer: oh ok well we got some complaints. Me: silent. Officer: are you carring loaded? Me: no ... And usually on my way within a min at most. Oregon is an OC state and does not require a CHL anywhere unless you carry loaded. And there is a pamphlet that has that info in the Oregon stickies. Great stuff and good Q. I'm free tomorrow for (Friday) a packing heat meet up if anyone's down?

On another note OC into Kroger union rep building in Tigard (was trying to get my bogus termination over turned) and then into Fred Meyers on tv highway no one said anything. Guess that's what happens when your a regular :D

-Matt of Hillsboro OR-

Even though it's a violation of our second amendment to require us to get a CHL, I would get one so you can carry loaded. I wonder if I was carrying loaded whether or not I'd have to present my CHL. There's no law I've found that says it.

OC vs. CHL

It is my (and others) observation that all those who are registered with the state CHL registry, has not seen the end of the liberals' attacks to expose all CHL holders. They do have a better chance of exposing CHL holders than they do of getting any other anti-gun legislature pushed through.
I urge everyone I talk to about this issue to refrain from registering themselves and their firearms. It violates the very principles that began the foundations of this great country. You become an enemy of the state at the whim of the few.
With all that aside, I can assure you that with thorough, constant drilling, you can lock & load your side arm (mag from your dead hand) in the same amount of time as you can draw a loaded firearm now.
Why sacrifice freedom to comply with tyranny?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It is my (and others) observation that all those who are registered with the state CHL registry, has not seen the end of the liberals' attacks to expose all CHL holders. They do have a better chance of exposing CHL holders than they do of getting any other anti-gun legislature pushed through.
I urge everyone I talk to about this issue to refrain from registering themselves and their firearms. It violates the very principles that began the foundations of this great country. You become an enemy of the state at the whim of the few.
With all that aside, I can assure you that with thorough, constant drilling, you can lock & load your side arm (mag from your dead hand) in the same amount of time as you can draw a loaded firearm now.
Why sacrifice freedom to comply with tyranny?
Really?

Even under stress and with one arm disabled?

Sure, right and on that you bet your life.

landon holt

My firearms aren't registered. They don't need to be. Top, you're all talk. You're telling me that if you had a western style duel, you would be fine with loading a mag and chambering a round while your enemy had one in the chamber already? You'd be a fool. I say that with much love.