• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The response from the Richmond Coliseum

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:
snip........ The only question I still have is: "Does the black cane or the natural oak one go best with mammoth ivory?"

stay safe.

skidmark
I would think something stylish and elegant for a gentleman such as yourself. Perhaps your epee cane would be suitable - not too garish and an interesting meld of form and function.

Either that or a nice Taiji cane or quarter staff.

Yata hey
How dare you call me a gentleman! Not even an act of Congress could cause that to happen. :lol:

I'm thinking the oak one for a number of reasons, the crook being a "bit large" having nothing at all to do with my choice. Really. Seriously. A "fighting cane"? Me?

Unfortunately, sword-canes are not covered by the CHP and seem to be too uncertain under the law for carry, although possession is clearly OK.
"Primary goal is to influence the right choices at the convention and promote positive 2nd Amendment planks."
A big +1 to that.

stay safe.

skidmark

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

I tried again to get a response from the Coliseum and this time I actually spoke with a warm body. I talked to the Director of Marketing/Booking, Robert Fleskes. He said that he handles the information on the website and was receptive to my explanation, but that the final word would have to come from his boss. He assured me that he was going to walk my phone message right into her and hopefully I'll get a return call by the end of the day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I tried again to get a response from the Coliseum and this time I actually spoke with a warm body. I talked to the Director of Marketing/Booking, Robert Fleskes. He said that he handles the information on the website and was receptive to my explanation, but that the final word would have to come from his boss. He assured me that he was going to walk my phone message right into her and hopefully I'll get a return call by the end of the day.
By the end of which day?

It would be nice if they were up on preemption and the application to the Coliseum but their/her opinion will not alter the facts.

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
By the end of which day?

It would be nice if they were up on preemption and the application to the Coliseum but their/her opinion will not alter the facts.

Yata hey
Well the call didnt come today. Let's see what tomorrow brings. Either way, I'll be carrying there when I visit.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
That's what I was getting at earlier. Protocol with our hosts was more important to me than offending the sensibilities of those who have no standing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Update - tried calling again today, these people sure do "meet" alot!

I'm not giving up!
Every time you call, they go into a huddle/meeting. :X

Maybe a face-to-face is in order.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It would appear that any response to our queries will be delayed beyond the present event. We've seen this ignore them or drag our feet and maybe they'll go away attitude before. For the life of me, I can't understand what is so difficult about following the law.

Thursday evening, May 28th brings training/orientation for convention delegates - so the first of the potential reaction to carrying in the Coliseum will present itself.

Yata hey

ProShooter

imported post

Just now, I spoke with the Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations Dwight Johnson.

He is aware of the flood of calls and complaintsregarding this issue. He said that their attorneys, Mcguire-Woods, are looking into the issue and will hopefully have an answer this week. He also claims that they have a club in the building that serves alcohol. I explained to him how the ABC Board has coded their license and its not a club. He said that as soon as its resolved, he'll call me back.

paramedic70002

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Just now, I spoke with the Assistant General Manager/Director of Operations Dwight Johnson.

He is aware of the flood of calls and complaintsregarding this issue. He said that their attorneys, Mcguire-Woods, are looking into the issue and will hopefully have an answer this week. He also claims that they have a club in the building that serves alcohol. I explained to him how the ABC Board has coded their license and its not a club. He said that as soon as its resolved, he'll call me back.
This is the same wild goose they're trying to squeeze a golden egg out of at the Richmond Convention Center, in another thread.

I think we've unearthed the next anti tactic in this war on guns.

What's next, open bar at the Capitol and General Assembly?

Bars at every city council meeting?

So which wins, preemption or ABC?

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ProShooter wrote:

They want this "Rule" to last just long enough to disarm us during the convention.

You will see the "rule" conveniently removed after it's over.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

dvogt@richmondcoliseum.net, djohnson@richmondcoliseum.net

Hello -

I am a citizen of Virginia and a Delegate that will be visiting for the Republican State Convention this weekend.

I noticed on your web site that you stated that no firearms are allowed into the arena, except by law enforcement.

Your ban of firearms violates Virginia State Law under title§ 15.2-915 of the Code of Virginia.

When I arrive in Richmond to legally cast my votes, I will also be legally (and Openly) carrying my firearm in a holster on my right hip. If I am denied entry (and my right to vote) or hindered/delayed/detained/harassed unreasonably after entry I will pursue prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. You may also be liable for other charges if your detainment of delegates or denial of access were to block them from voting.

I know of others that feel the same way and will arrive armed as well.

It would be in your best interest (as well as the best interest of those taxpayers that would have to foot the bill for your negligence) to remove the illegal ban from your web site and openly allow the legal carry of firearms.

Thank you,

Ed Levine
(address removed)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

They cannot say that they have not been contacted, warned or had the matter brought to their attention.

IMO - every reasonable attempt has been made to resolve the issue ahead of time.

Yata hey