• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts on helping to normalize open carry

stealthyeliminator

The remarks by Senator Estes to which I refer begin at approximately 6:41:48 and end at approximately 6:44:30. He twice uses a phrase similar to "hurting the cause". Whether people agree with my characterization or not, it is important to hear directly from him. Everyone can then make up their own mind.

SA-TX

He was clearly speaking about the arrests casting a negative light on the issue, not the act of LGOC itself. It has never been the mission of OCT to purposefully get arrested to prove a point.

ProGun Podcast

I hate to be a negative nancy, but this is probably the most ignorance-filled post I've seen of yours yet. The first paragraph is pure ignorant hate, and that's about all the addressing it needs. The second paragraph is naive. I read an article just the other day about a handgun-OC advocate group in a state in which handgun-OC is legal being asked not to carry in a restaurant. Essentially the exact same crap that OCT is going through but with handgun OC instead of LGOC. You are not understanding the fact that this "negative PR" IS ALL LIES. They do not need us to do something wrong to fabricate negative press, it's what they've been doing all along! We can stop carrying any firearms or BP pistols at all and they'll still fabricate negative press! Don't be naive. Stick to the facts, set a good example, and exercise your rights. That's all. They're going to tell lies about you no matter how tactful you think you are. Well, let me rephrase, they're going to tell lies about the people on the ground doing work for the cause no matter how tactful they are. We cannot control what lies are published by MDA or similar organizations. All we can do is present the truth. It'd help if people like you did that, spread the truth, instead of criticize those being lied about for being lied about.

So MDA did not get Sonic, Chipolte, and all the other chains to ask people to not bring firearms into their businesses after LGOCers went into them? So the recent heavily edited video on mother jones is just scripted with actors LGOCing and insulting the lone anti? Do I need to go on where our side has given the other side fuel, or maybe those who insist on In Your Face tactics need to call bloomberg up and tell him where to send the check.

stealthyeliminator

So MDA did not get Sonic, Chipolte, and all the other chains to ask people to not bring firearms into their businesses after LGOCers went into them? So the recent heavily edited video on mother jones is just scripted with actors LGOCing and insulting the lone anti? Do I need to go on where our side has given the other side fuel, or maybe those who insist on In Your Face tactics need to call bloomberg up and tell him where to send the check.

Insulting people is not cool, but it has nothing to do with LGOC. It was a long shot to try and conflate the two, I'm sorry but you didn't even get close to success on that attempt.

ProGun Podcast

Insulting people is not cool, but it has nothing to do with LGOC. It was a long shot to try and conflate the two, I'm sorry but you didn't even get close to success on that attempt.

Insulting people has everything to do with LGOC when you are doing both at the same time.

stealthyeliminator

Insulting people has everything to do with LGOC when you are doing both at the same time.

lol. It does not. Insulting people would be bad with or without the rifle. The rifle itself is not bad whether there are insults present or not. We are discussing LGOC, not insults. Everyone (probably) agrees that insults are bad. Moving on...