• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TIDEWATER DECEMBER 2nd OC DINNER 7PM

darthmord

imported post

Details:

Day / Time - Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 @ 7pm.

Location - Fuddruckers, 101 Regal Way, Newport News, VA, 23602

Map by Yahoo - Click Here

Updated tally...

Name...............Confirmed...............Maybe

MSC 45 ACP...........2............................0

DarthMord..............2............................0

fully_armed_biker...2............................0

ODA 226................2............................3

CRF250rider1000....0............................1

DonTreadOnMe.......2............................0

2a4all....................2............................0

Wolf_shadow..........0............................2

VAman49...............3............................0

45acpForMe............1............................0

pyite......................1............................0

aquinob1................1............................0

DrMark...................1...........................0

Griff77....................1...........................0

============================

Totals:...................20..........................6

WhatTimeIsIt?

imported post

Said I'd make the last one but couldn't, unfortunately won't be able to make this one either, will be in class.

45acpForMe

imported post

Who is going to collect the receipts and send them to Red Robin?

I think we should forward any digital pictures to that person to print and include them to the RR management. Should I bring my digital camera or do we have that covered? :)

MSC 45ACP

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
Who is going to collect the receipts and send them to Red Robin?

I think we should forward any digital pictures to that person to print and include them to the RR management. Should I bring my digital camera or do we have that covered? :)

I just called Fuddruckers. I spoke to "Napoleon" (who stated he was the manager when I asked)and he gave us an "Informal Reservation" for a "group" under my name (Mike) for 7pm. EDIT: Reservation for @ 25.

Jim? Are you volunteering to collect receipts and copy them for Red Robin? ;)

Perhaps you would also be willing to collect a digital library of photos to e-mail RR Corporate, too? :D

I'll try to bring a digital camera, too. The more cameras, the better, I think.

Thanks for volunteering, Jim. Without guys like you, we wouldn't be able to do it all!

mike :cool:

6L6GC

imported post

I'll try to make it but at this point that somewhat "iffy". I have a million things going on but I might be able to get there. Its a definite a maybe.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

Just found out from the wife, we can't make it. She has to be back on the Shore by 7:00. Sorry Guys, I was looking forward to meeting you all.

darthmord

imported post

Details:

Day / Time - Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009 @ 7pm.

Location - Fuddruckers, 101 Regal Way, Newport News, VA, 23602

Map by Yahoo - Click Here

Updated tally as of 0826 - 12/2...

Name...............Confirmed...............Maybe

MSC 45 ACP...........2............................0

DarthMord..............2............................0

fully_armed_biker...2............................0

ODA 226................2............................3

CRF250rider1000....0............................2

DonTreadOnMe.......2............................0

2a4all....................2............................0

VAman49...............3............................0

45acpForMe............1............................0

pyite......................1............................0

aquinob1................1............................0

DrMark...................1...........................0

Griff77....................1...........................0

6L6GC....................0...........................1

Dutch Uncle............0...........................1

============================

Totals:...................20..........................7

As for gathering up receipts, I can bring a camera to take pictures as well. If need be, I can gather up the receipts and deliver them to the Red Robin that same evening or another day. Might be a better task for someone who lives up on the peninsula. Perhaps even for someone who was told they had to leave Red Robin due to OC.

I definitely agree with sending copies to RR Corporate indicating just how much business they lost with that sort of policy. They can do the math. Not only did they NOT get those profits, a competitor DID.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Might be a better task for someone who lives up on the peninsula. Perhaps even for someone who was told they had to leave Red Robin due to OC.

I definitely agree with sending copies to RR Corporate indicating just how much business they lost with that sort of policy. They can do the math. Not only did they NOT get those profits, a competitor DID.

If Jim (45acpForMe) can't do it, I will. I'm retired and don't have much else to do. If everyone will give me their receipts tonight, I'll take them to Red Robin tomorrow (while OCing of course) and maybe even make some prints of the digital pics we take tonight.

Mike

45acpForMe

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
darthmord wrote:
Might be a better task for someone who lives up on the peninsula. Perhaps even for someone who was told they had to leave Red Robin due to OC.

If Jim (45acpForMe) can't do it, I will. I'm retired and don't have much else to do. If everyone will give me their receipts tonight, I'll take them to Red Robin tomorrow (while OCing of course) and maybe even make some prints of the digital pics we take tonight.

Mike
Personally I hate RR so I never eat there. As far as volunteering I was first trying to see if Pagan or someone else that was turned away from RR wanted to take the receipts to the place they were confronted. If no one "wants" that priviledge Mike and/or I can copy them and give one set to the Newport News RR and send another set to the corporate office. If someone has the regional managerand corporate addresses already please post it.

Since credit card receipts already xxx out most of the number we can simply take the receipts of anyone (hopefully all) that volunteer them and give the originals to the local RR restaurant. The copies would be for corporate and regional managers. Does that sound ok?

I'm looking forward to the dinner after missing the last two or three. Now to decide what to wear.... Colt, Springfield, Sig Sauer.... :) Is it embarrassing to you too if you show up with the exact same model???

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Contact info is on their website...

http://www.redrobin.com/contactus/contact.aspx

My 15 (will be 16 in 2 weeks)year old daughter expressed some interest in coming tonight when I was telling her about Mike's daughter and her OCing. So it's a definite 2 and maybe 3.My wife has a Dr's appt at 5:15 so we might be a couple of minutes late (depending on how backed up the Dr's office is); but, we'll be there.

45acpForMe

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
My 15 (will be 16 in 2 weeks)year old daughter expressed some interest in coming tonight
My 10 (will be 11 Monday) year old daughter may now be coming. Would anyone be up to singing Happy Birthday to both of them?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
fully_armed_biker wrote:
My 15 (will be 16 in 2 weeks)year old daughter expressed some interest in coming tonight
My 10 (will be 11 Monday) year old daughter may now be coming. Would anyone be up to singing Happy Birthday to both of them?

Bridget will be there (OCing of course) and my 10 year old son will be too. I'm SURE We'll ALL be up to singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY, right folks???

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
Bridget will be there (OCing of course) and my 10 year old son will be too. I'm SURE We'll ALL be up to singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY, right folks???

Absolutely!

darthmord

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
trafficland.com says I'm going to die of old age in traffic trying to get there, but I'll do my best:uhoh:

Hahaha... :uhoh:I feel your pain. I'm coming from the intersection of Little Creek Road and Granby Street. It's nothing but solid gridlock here.

Waiting for my wife to get back from the store so we can leave.