• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA begins random road inspections in Tennessee, First State To Fight Terrorism Stat

Kirbinator

Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

We, through the CIA and Fort Benning, taught them everything they know. They just changed targets and went after us once they had toppled their own governments. Our pride, and diplomatic position, is what leads to our downfall. We've spent millions of dollars putting bullets into targets we can't erase except through change we can't implement.

The Monroe doctrine isn't helping either.

Dreamer

Personally, I support my Tennessee neighbors in this safeguard against terrorism.

I assume this is sarcasm and satire, and you are just pulling our legs, right?

Everything changed on the morning of 9/11/2001, thanks to the evil deeds of the despicable, radical Islamic terrorists who visited mayhem, murder, and destruction upon our country.

Oh, you mean those guys who were almost ALL Saudi's? Yeah, it's a good thing we invaded Saudi Arabia, and have seized the bank accounts and frozen the assets of the Saudi Royal Family so they can't support any future events like 9/11...

Oh, wait a minute--Saudi Arabia is one of the largest recipients of US foreign aid in the region, and considered our closest allies? And members of the Saudi Royal Family were clandestinely flown out of the US on 9/12 under direct orders from the White House when EVERY OTHER commercial, non-military or LE flight was grounded? And instead we attacked TWO nations who's ONLY ties to 9/11 were that they were building a pipeline that would bring Central Eurpoean oil directy to the Gulf, posing a major threat to Saudi hegemony on the Middle Eastern oil supply?

Oops...

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

Yes, the raping and pillaging of the Constitutional Rights of every American citizen is the ONLY logical way to thwart terrorism. Only by destroying the freedom, democracy and liberties of law-biding citizens, violating their fundamental human rights, and taking a big steaming dump on the graves of the Founding Fathers can we protect and preserve Amerika, Inc...

This is, of course, just one man's humble opinion.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Please, I beg you. Tell us your post was a joke...

Last edited:

hermannr

I feel the Department of Homeland Security has done a stellar job at thwarting further radical, muslim extremist attacks of this magnitude; and that Tennessee is taking a measure that the rest of the country ought to implement as well.

This is, of course, just one man's humble opinion.

You do realize that if anyone and everyone could have carried freely on the airplanes that crashed on 9/11, the disastor could not have happened. You also realize that the US butting their nose into everyone elses business does not engender friendship?

Finally: anyone (that includes you) that is willing to trade freedom for security, will have neither...I believe it was Ben Franklin that said that a year or two ago.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Nope, read his posts. He has been a troll since day one.

Yep, over half his posts add nothing to the discussion. They simply say something like "Thank you for sharing that insightful information with us. I want to learn a lot." Some of his posts seem okay though.

On topic, this is just another example of the TSA sticking their heads where they don't belong. I find it to be similar to their new "chat-downs."

Carsontech, Great picture, I got a good laugh out of that.

Last edited:

Phoenix David

You never know he might actually believe what he is posting. There are a lot of people out there who really think that government is the greatest thing in the world. They want to be taken care of from cradle to grave and have next to no concept of what American was founded on and the concept is and what being an American truly is. Fortunately in this country we don't kill and imprison people that don't toe the party line.

Dreamer

Fortunately in this country we don't kill and imprison people that don't toe the party line.

Unless their name is John or Robert Kennedy.

Or Vicki Weaver.

Or Mary Jean Borst.

Or Michael Zebuhr.

Or Vince Foster.

Or Karen Silkwood.

Or Bill Hunter, Lee Bowers, or Rose Cherami

On and on and on...

Last edited:

Jack House

Absolutely support this, after all there has been a serious rash of terrorism in Tennessee using truck drivers and big rigs to haul their massive dirty bombs in. After much effort through trial and error the Tennessean authorities have discovered that the only way to stop it is by random searches on the highways.

What? I'm delusional? There hasn't been a successful terrorist attack in like ten years? No way, man. Clearly the government loves us and only wants to protect us, surely they would never stoop to such illegal and desperate matters for no good reason!

Posted using my HTC Evo

MatieA

Trucks are regulated differently than the individual passenger cars. IIRC, trucks can be inspected at any time, except sealed trailers, then the fed take responsibility for the security of the load if they break the seal, or something like that.

I don't see them doing random searches on personal vehicles.

I am not in favor of these searches.

I have driven trucks over the road for 13 years. They CANNOT inspect a truck at any time. They can inspect the load, but not the truck. I have NEVER allowed any search of my truck.

MilProGuy

I assume this is sarcasm and satire, and you are just pulling our legs, right?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. Please, I beg you. Tell us your post was a joke...

No, I was not being sarcastic. There seems to be enough of that on this forum without me adding to the fray.

I truly believe the words I posted.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

Nope, read his posts. He has been a troll since day one.

I merely stated my opinion.

I suppose, since you don't see things the way I do, it gives you the right pile on the insults. It's very childish, but if that's what you enjoy doing, have at it.

I will continue to comment and give my opinions and you can do the same. The difference between you and me is that I'll respect your opinions and will not insult you for sharing them.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

Yep, over half his posts add nothing to the discussion. They simply say something like "Thank you for sharing that insightful information with us. I want to learn a lot." Some of his posts seem okay though.

And agreeing with what someone says is wrong?

You've got to understand that I hail from Mississippi, where manners and courtesy are a part of everyday life.

Down here we tend to be friendly rather than adversarial; especially to people who gather together for a common cause.

I can't help it, it's just my nature. You are welcome to continue posting in a manner that gives you some degree of pleasure, and I'll continue posting with my good old Southern hospitality.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

You never know he might actually believe what he is posting.

That's correct. I do. I assume that everyone else who posts actually believes what they post, as well.

There are a lot of people out there who really think that government is the greatest thing in the world.

I'm not one of them. There are many things wrong in our government today, but I'd rather be a citizen of the United States of America, under our form of government, than in any God-forsaken, middle-eastern Islamic country who lives under oppressive Shariah law.

They want to be taken care of from cradle to grave and have next to no concept of what American was founded on and the concept is and what being an American truly is. Fortunately in this country we don't kill and imprison people that don't toe the party line.

I'm not one of the people who subsist on the government teat, either.

I was gainfully employed at part-time jobs during my high school and college years (beginning in 1962), and worked until my retirement in 2009. That's 47 years in the work force without food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, or unemployment. In fact, during those 47 years I only had one 2-week period of unemployment back in 1969.

I majored in history, and feel that I have as clear a concept of what being an American truly is and the next person on this forum.

Thank you for prompting me to share these feelings with the forum members.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

There hasn't been a successful terrorist attack in like ten years?

Homeland Security is alive and well, and doing what it was intended to do in the good old USA.

The fact that we haven't suffered a major attack from radical Islamic terrorists in ten years is a testament to the effectiveness of the safeguards our nation has taken.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
And agreeing with what someone says is wrong?

You've got to understand that I hail from Mississippi, where manners and courtesy are a part of everyday life.

Down here we tend to be friendly rather than adversarial; especially to people who gather together for a common cause.

I can't help it, it's just my nature. You are welcome to continue posting in a manner that gives you some degree of pleasure, and I'll continue posting with my good old Southern hospitality.

While I might disagree a bit with your post #12 on page 1, I defend your right and privilege on these forums to your opinion and its expression. Being a Virginian and a Southerner, I also fully agree with your stance regarding civility and the treatment of others and their ideas as well. You're right... it is our upbringing and heritage.

Best to ignore those who seem to have lost a measure of their decorum and continue to maintain yours in the fray. It is indeed a shame that some folks resort to name calling and other tools of a losing argument rather than keeping themselves above such behavior.

Jack House

Homeland Security is alive and well, and doing what it was intended to do in the good old USA.

The fact that we haven't suffered a major attack from despicable, radical Islamic terrorists in ten years is a testament to the effectiveness of the safeguards our nation has taken.
So then why do we need new safeguards?

Posted using my HTC Evo

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

The fact that we haven't suffered a major attack from despicable, radical Islamic terrorists in ten years is a testament to the effectiveness of the safeguards our nation has taken.

The problem with an assertion like this is that it can neither be proved nor disproved. The best we have to go on is that each and every one of the known attempts to commit a terrorist act was not discovered and thwarted by TSA/other Homeland Security forces. Given the general inability of governments to keep a secret, and given the massive amount of public disapproval and condemnation heaped on TSA from their very beginning one might expect them to publicize at least some of their success stories. But we seem to have none from them.

What we have instead is security theater - shows of "doing something" in the name of juystifying the budget and the imposition or trampling on the rights of citizens. Like so many other paths paved with good intentions, we do know where this one leads. We are tired of it and one day we are all going to say we are not going to put up with it any more. When that happens and the country is hit by some terroristic disaster TSA could have prevented via the activities they currently engage in you can come back and tell us you told us so - but until then I'd really rather that you demand that they 1) do their job without violating the Constitution, and 2) prove their worth.

stay safe.

Badger Johnson

One of the problems with installing an agency like HLS and giving broad sweeping powers, incorporating 'national security', is that when they make mistakes (and they will, but you won't know about them), being perceived as omnipotent, they can't -make- a mistake.

To prevent this perception that a mistake has been made, given they have ultimate power (national security) all sorts of mayhem and perfidy will ensue.

The department heads will be corrupted (absolute power corrupts absolutely), and will then start actively breaking the law and the moral code as they wish to further any agendas (such as getting more power, or land or control).

If you make them 'untouchable' in the courts you really have a problem. So now we have the environment, homeland, and transportation all having megalomaniacal powers and influence. Maybe there needs to be citizen checks and balances put on these groups.

Like Milpro guy, though, I bow to our new overlords and you should too if you know what's good for you. :)

$.02