• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TWO INCIDENTS of OC harassment against me IN A WEEK --- TOO MUCH FOR ME

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
heresolong wrote:
If I am going in for something that I know will involve undressing I take my backpack and put the firearm inside it.
+1. I'm fortunate to use a Serpa holster with paddle attachment that makes for easy on-off (but only if you know how and practice with it). I usually head to the restroom when I get to the doctor's office and move it to the backpack. Then, before I leave, I hit the restroom again to put it back on.
That's exactly what I have -- in fact I have two of them, one for my Glock and another for the XD(M). I'm not following what you say about easy on-off, unless you're saying you just slide the whole thing off your belt. (??)

just_a_car

imported post

Richard, it sounds like you're describing the belt-loop attachment, not the paddle attachment. The paddle attachment has a hook on the middle-bottom of the paddle to catch the inside of your pants and two hooks on the front and back of the holster to catch the belt.

To get mine off, I pull the holster away from my body and pull it up until the two hooks are above the bottom of the belt, but the paddle hook hasn't caught the waist-seam of my pants yet. Then I slide it up and forward in a diagonal motion and it slides right off. I can get it off in less than 5 seconds.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
On the bigger scale (macro) it has been said that we are in a war, and our greatest enemy is not radical Islam, it's LIBERALISM. And the gun issue is just one skirmish in that war. Unfortunately we live in a Blue state and I continue to be amazed that we have one of the most gun-friendly set of firearms laws anywhere. That said, we can expect to encounter the whiners and gun-hating liberal wackos almost anywhere. The dilemma that the incident in Haggen presented for me is that this manager was not saying he was against me or my gun; he was trying to avoid a political fracas in his store. I can't say I blame him, as a businessman. So the issue is should I press the point just because I know I'm right? Being right isn't always the winning path. Maybe as one of you said I should just CC for a while, or perhaps take a time-out from OC.
The liberals don't have enough of a majority to change the Constitution of Washington or we'd all lose the right to open carry... hell, they'd likely ban all guns except for those to be used for recreational hunting as they believe that all other guns are unnecessary as the police are the only ones who should have tactical pistols and rifles. Get ready folks, the attacks are going to grow and the liberals are already emboldened by the last two election cycles. They think conservatism is dead. They think their ideology has won and that the majority believe just like they do. The fight will intensify within the next four years, so be ready.

This is why you must continue to OC. We don't need less of us, we need more.

Richard6218

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:
On the bigger scale (macro) it has been said that we are in a war, and our greatest enemy is not radical Islam, it's LIBERALISM. And the gun issue is just one skirmish in that war. Unfortunately we live in a Blue state and I continue to be amazed that we have one of the most gun-friendly set of firearms laws anywhere. That said, we can expect to encounter the whiners and gun-hating liberal wackos almost anywhere. The dilemma that the incident in Haggen presented for me is that this manager was not saying he was against me or my gun; he was trying to avoid a political fracas in his store. I can't say I blame him, as a businessman. So the issue is should I press the point just because I know I'm right? Being right isn't always the winning path. Maybe as one of you said I should just CC for a while, or perhaps take a time-out from OC.
The liberals don't have enough of a majority to change the Constitution of Washington or we'd all lose the right to open carry... hell, they'd likely ban all guns except for those to be used for recreational hunting as they believe that all other guns are unnecessary as the police are the only ones who should have tactical pistols and rifles. Get ready folks, the attacks are going to grow and the liberals are already emboldened by the last two election cycles. They think conservatism is dead. They think their ideology has won and that the majority believe just like they do. The fight will intensify within the next four years, so be ready.

This is why you must continue to OC. We don't need less of us, we need more.

I hate to contradict you because we are in agreement on fundamentals. However, you have made a number of errors of fact, as follows:

1. All the liberals in the legislature could not change the Constitution if they wanted to. That ultimately has to be done by vote of the people. (State constitution, Article XXIII, below)

ARTICLE XXIII
AMENDMENTS

SECTION 1 HOW MADE. Any amendment or amendments to this Constitution may be proposed in either branch of the legislature; and if the same shall be agreed to by two-thirds of the members elected to each of the two houses, such proposed amendment or amendments shall be entered on their journals, with the ayes and noes thereon, and be submitted to the qualified electors of the state for their approval, at the next general election; and if the people approve and ratify such amendment or amendments, by a majority of the electors voting thereon, the same shall become part of this Constitution, and proclamation thereof shall be made by the governor: Provided, That if more than one amendment be submitted, they shall be submitted in such a manner that the people may vote for or against such amendments separately. The legislature shall also cause notice of the amendments that are to be submitted to the people to be published at least four times during the four weeks next preceding the election in every legal newspaper in the state: Provided, That failure of any newspaper to publish this notice shall not be interpreted as affecting the outcome of the election. [AMENDMENT 37, 1961 Senate Joint Resolution No. 25, p 2753. Approved November, 1962.]

2. Open carry is not a constitutional function; it is enumerated in the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Section 9.41.270

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.270

It is true that RKBA is under serious attack, but it is not just the Second Amendment that is at risk. The First and, I venture to say all the other articles of the Bill of Rights are as well. Some officials are using language like "complete disarmament", and "No American will be able to legally keep or use a firearm for any purpose". So, as you say we need to continue to exercise our right to carry, but also to use all other means to resist this onslaught from the Left. Much damage is being done to the capitalist system and to the fundamental freedomson whichthis nation was built. We need to re-educate ourselves on the premises of Jefferson, John Adams, Thomas Paine andall the other Founding Fathers if we are to get the message out. The likes of Geithner, Holder, Emanuel, Feinstein, Pelosi, Reid and others are a very dangerous bunch.So much for the dark vision of all this.

On the brighter side, it is my guess that the American people will SLOWLY begin to wake up and realize that the Obama Gang is doing our country a great disservice (I'm being extremely generous in that language, though they don't deserve it). Obama's poll numbers are already sagging. My prediction for his approval number in 2011 is the low 20's. As the people begin to see what is wrong about the course we are on, it is possible that Republicans will re-take the House and/or the Senate in 2010, but that will depend on their ability to pull their act together and start talking like Republicans again instead of pandering to the moderate Democrats. IF they can find and develop a leader they may wellmake Obama a one-term president.

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Richard, it sounds like you're describing the belt-loop attachment, not the paddle attachment. The paddle attachment has a hook on the middle-bottom of the paddle to catch the inside of your pants and two hooks on the front and back of the holster to catch the belt.

To get mine off, I pull the holster away from my body and pull it up until the two hooks are above the bottom of the belt, but the paddle hook hasn't caught the waist-seam of my pants yet. Then I slide it up and forward in a diagonal motion and it slides right off. I can get it off in less than 5 seconds.

AHAAAA :idea: I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife, as he picked up his hammer and saw. :exclaim:

It appears I have been wearing the paddle incorrectly. I was looping my belt through the hooks and wearing the whole assembly OUTside my pants. NOW the design of the thing makes sense --- I couldnt' figure out why they made this huge paddle when they also made the belt-loop device that is worn the same way.

heresolong

imported post

Richard6218 wrote:
AHAAAA :idea: I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife, as he picked up his hammer and saw. :exclaim:

It appears I have been wearing the paddle incorrectly. I was looping my belt through the hooks and wearing the whole assembly OUTside my pants. NOW the design of the thing makes sense --- I couldnt' figure out why they made this huge paddle when they also made the belt-loop device that is worn the same way.
ROTFL.

So now we know why you always get targeted in stores. You have this big humongous paddle hanging outside your pants. It isn't the gun at all. :lol:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

In Tacoma

St. Joseph Hospital has removed the No Weapons signs from the Main Entrance doors

Group Health has removed the No Weapons signs from the Main Entrance doors

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
+1. I'm fortunate to use a Serpa holster with paddle attachment that makes for easy on-off (but only if you know how and practice with it).
I guess I need more practice with mine..I practically have to take my pants off to get it off!!:shock:

Richard6218

imported post

heresolong wrote:
Richard6218 wrote:

ROTFL.

So now we know why you always get targeted in stores. You have this big humongous paddle hanging outside your pants. It isn't the gun at all. :lol:
I should have known I'd catch a major ribbing over this :uhoh:

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The funny thing is I never noticed it when we were at IHOP. So I wouldn't take it personal, I have been know to make much worse mistakes than that.

just_a_car

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
+1. I'm fortunate to use a Serpa holster with paddle attachment that makes for easy on-off (but only if you know how and practice with it).
I guess I need more practice with mine..I practically have to take my pants off to get it off!!:shock:
If we have a chance to step away from the group at the BBQ, I'd be happy to show you how I get mine off.

Richard6218

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
The funny thing is I never noticed it when we were at IHOP. So I wouldn't take it personal, I have been know to make much worse mistakes than that.
I don't know if you're referring to the suspenders or the paddle. If it's suspenders, no, I seldom wear them and definitely wasn't wearing them at the IHOP. (If I do I usually cover them with a jacket.) If it's the paddle, I didn't have it then -- I only bought it after I got my XD(M) which was after that event. And in any case, I was just poking fun at myself about the whole thing anyway :):) Nothing personal at all

heresolong

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
If we have a chance to step away from the group at the BBQ, I'd be happy to show you how I get mine off.
Family Organization, guys! Show each other how to take your pants off at some other event.

:celebrate

Richard6218

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
:lol::lol::lol::celebrate Can't say you didn't set yourself up for that one