• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Understanding MCL 28.428

PDinDetroit

See how easy it is to cross lines? Anyone can do it.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer).

Make sure that you hit the little triangle icon with an "!" on the post in question. In fact, make sure that John and Mike are aware of your posts as you reflect on oc'ing as a whole.

Taurus850CIA

See how easy it is to cross lines? Anyone can do it.

(6) NO PERSONAL ATTACKS: While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer).

Yes. I crossed it. I am not ashamed. If I am banned as a result, it means that I won't be associated with the likes of you. Have a nice day.

stainless1911

Banned
I really don't want to see you banned. In fact, you haven't done anything deserving such a sanction. I like having you around here, your opinions are valuable to me, and this forum. Why did you think this was personal? It isn't for me. You look at speed limits as a safety thing, I look at them as highway robbery. But to get personal isn't necessary. I would be happy to stand next to any one of you at a picnic, a march, or the range.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Its not so bad. Truth is, I was very likely in the mid to upper XXX's, and got the speed down to 83 when he tagged me. My little car is a bright red POS, with auxiliary headlights under the front bumper, and the windsheild was smashed out. The hood flew up and smacked it last week. The exhaust was loud too. The car sticks out like a sore thumb. This cop was great about it. I pulled over right away and I always put the keys on the roof when stopped. when he asked why, I just told him that I do that out of good faith to show I wont try to take off. After I told him I was on the way to go get my CPL, and I was in a hurry, he told me that since he figured I was a good guy, so instead of writing me up for multiple equipment violations, and that he could see I was broke, he wrote me up for 5 over. To repay that favor, I will be taking it easy for quite a while.

No offense but the only way you are losing a cruiser in that thing is if you attach a SRB (Solid Rocket Booster) off the space shuttle to it. So I think you could go with just putting the keys on the dash instead I'm sure those pulling you over are pretty sure you're not going to get away from them....just saying. Glad to hear all went well and no one got hurt.

Last edited:

Taurus850CIA

Going 83 in a 70, that close traffic can lead to accidents, and pointing out that speed limits can be weighted on the side of the states treasury reflects badly on OC?

You, personally, have created enough fodder for any group of anti's to cast a negative light on this group. Stop posting your illegal acts, and your tendencies to disregard the law. Stop trying to defend your illegal acts with twisted logic. Thank you, and goodnight.

stainless1911

Banned
Your attitude towards and inclination for unlawful actions is what reflects badly on OC'ers.

Im not into anarchy, but change through blind obedience is next to impossible. I do have a problem with certain laws, prohibition, speed limits, gun control of any sort, and a few others. Medical marijuana patients only got their pot semi legalized by hundreds of thousands of people breaking laws daily for decades. Without that, the benefits wouldn't have been discovered, and most of the people who voted, did so from either experience, or by recognizing the futility of the law. The 55 mph, speed limit diddn't get to 70 by everyone going 55 either. I hope that someday soon, the speed limits will be raised again 15 mph. that isn't a disregard for law that reflects poorly on OCers, nor will it lead to "blood in the streets". It is a recognition of an unfair tax based on an antiquated law.

PDinDetroit

Im not into anarchy, but change through blind obedience is next to impossible. I do have a problem with certain laws, prohibition, speed limits, gun control of any sort, and a few others. Medical marijuana patients only got their pot semi legalized by hundreds of thousands of people breaking laws daily for decades. Without that, the benefits wouldn't have been discovered, and most of the people who voted, did so from either experience, or by recognizing the futility of the law. The 55 mph, speed limit diddn't get to 70 by everyone going 55 either. I hope that someday soon, the speed limits will be raised again 15 mph. that isn't a disregard for law that reflects poorly on OCers, nor will it lead to "blood in the streets". It is a recognition of an unfair tax based on an antiquated law.

So, breaking the laws is the way to get them changed. Got it, Thanks!

Q.E.D.

Last edited:

autosurgeon

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Since you like to cite the rules Stainless1911!!!

And now for my comments!

I never have understood the reason people want to post their unlawful activities and then try and explain why the rules don't apply to them!

Oh and another thing I would think with the history with this person that he would be trying to fly under the radar so to speak...and by that I mean being extra careful to obey the law in every aspect of life!

Obey the law whether you agree with it or not! If you don't like a law work to change it as that is the proper way! Breaking the law will not get your point across to the people who matter!

As far as your speeding in that deathtrap you call a car. I understand driving old cars I have one with 265000 miles on it BUT it is maintained in top order and does not pose a safety threat to those around me on the road. Personally I think the officer made a mistake! He should have Cited you and impounded the car as being unsafe for use on public roads.

kwikrnu

Banned
This line of reasoning is why I firmly believe you will lose your CPL again.

Do you realize that your ticket could have been Reckless Driving, especially with the condition of the vehicle? Do you know that you cannot even apply for a CPL within 8 years of a Reckless Driving Conviction?

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-257-626-amended

Reckless driving gets your civil right to bear arms suspended? I'm sure that is what the founding fathers had in mind.

stainless1911

Banned
A broken windsheild and a bad exhaust don't constitute a safety hazard to other drivers. The officer made no mistake, he gave me a ticket that I both deserved, and could afford, however it will be very difficult. I am replacing the car next month. It was supposed to be earlier, but I have this ticket to cover, and the car I was going to buy diddn't work out.

stainless1911

Banned
There are a lot more restrictions. BTW, I diddn't get through the suspension period by breaking laws, and not learning the far more restrictive laws to non CPL holders.

Yes, they do take away inalienable rights.

Last edited: