• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unexpected Home Invasion

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hello 911, please state the nature of the emergency

Yes, I am calling to report a break in at my home

Alright sir, we have your address and we are dispatching a car to your location.

Thank you. Have the officer come to the rear door, and come right in, the door is open. Oh ... And Um... yea... there is something else you should know. I am naked and holding the robber at gun point, I havetwo guns, one is a .45 and the otheris .....

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Well shining the light on the 1911 could be construed as brandishing.
Then there is the 'help he was going to violate me' charge
when cops come into the residence.
What is the cop to think when they burst in a see big naked guy holding
poor little wimp at gunpont. Especialy with the wet stains on the floor.

You might be able to go after dispatcher for sending a female cop.:cool:
I know my wife would not be so forgiving.

And you lost a great chance to try trick shooting, and split the bullet
down the knife blade for two holes in the BG.
The 1911 does massive damage on a rebound into target. Have bounced off of
steel tubing, but two halfs should also be interesting to see what the expansion
does. Do you get two half moon holes, one clean one, and full expansion of other.
Or splitting from the knife expands the round and two big ugly wholes going in.

Then there is the worry about hot brass, and powder burns......

On the bright side, his cell mate will probably have a good laugh since he can't have a cigarette afterwards.:celebrate

tcox4freedom

imported post

I think you did everything right. (Your alive to prove it.)

Whether you remembered to lock the door, set alarm etc is immaterial. The BG should not have been in your house. Chances are he would have broken in anyway.

I'm glad you're OK.Forgive me forLMAO picturing you standing naked over the BG.

Hammer

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Hello 911, please state the nature of the emergency

Yes, I am calling to report a break in at my home

Alright sir, we have your address and we are dispatching a car to your location.

Thank you. Have the officer come to the rear door, and come right in, the door is open. Oh ... And Um... yea... there is something else you should know. I am naked and holding the robber at gun point, I havetwo guns, one is a .45 and the otheris .....
a single shot....