• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT*** Need Statues

CDT COX

It is entirely beyond me why anyone in this country would have a default positive view of law enforcement, short of being ignorant or a r'tard. I'm sorry you're getting the shaft, mate. Sounds like you've got a campaign to replace the Sheriff in your future.

Why don't we just drop the facade and spell it "Sharif"? Oh, right, because racist a-holes would think it's a slur against Muslims and adopt it in a hurry. Nevermind, carry on.

Although in this instance I'm displeased with what is happening, I'd rather you not paint every LEO and Agency with the same brush. I've had plenty of positive encounters with Law Enforcement. For instance, one time I’d run out of gas while it was raining. A local PD officer road by, turned around and asked if everything was okay and offered to take me to a gas station. I also umpire Little League and have done games with other personnel from that department.

@ CDT COX........BUY A FVCKING DVR!!!!!!! 35$ and all your problems disappear......wtf.

:confused:

TFred

IANAL, and it's probably too early to be thinking seriously about this, but it's always a good idea to keep the possibility of a 1983 Denial of Civil Rights lawsuit in the back of your mind. This Sheriff, acting under the color of law (in his official capacity) is denying you your lawful civil right to own a firearm.

There are many people who have learned the very hard way that this is a no-no.

As I said, just something to keep in mind... document everything. Talk to a lawyer, at least casually at first.

TFred

P.S. If you can some how get him to put in writing a denial that does not fall under the letter of the law, I'd say that paper is worth its weight in gold!

Last edited:

CDT COX

IANAL, and it's probably too early to be thinking seriously about this, but it's always a good idea to keep the possibility of a 1983 Denial of Civil Rights lawsuit in the back of your mind. This Sheriff, acting under the color of law (in his official capacity) is denying you your lawful civil right to own a firearm.

There are many people who have learned the very hard way that this is a no-no.

As I said, just something to keep in mind... document everything. Talk to a lawyer, at least casually at first.

TFred

P.S. If you can some how get him to put in writing a denial that does not fall under the letter of the law, I'd say that paper is worth its weight in gold!

Thanks for the info, according to § 14‑404 (b) If the sheriff is not fully satisfied, the sheriff may, for good cause shown, decline to issue the license or permit and shall provide to the applicant within seven days of the refusal a written statement of the reason(s) for the refusal. An appeal from the refusal shall lie by way of petition to the chief judge of the district court for the district in which the application was filed. The determination by the court, on appeal, shall be upon the facts, the law, and the reasonableness of the sheriff's refusal, and shall be final.

Maybe the Sheriff will mess up in his written statement, regardless I believe that I will prevail as prescribed my the bolded. Facts: I'll pass the required background check(not even a speeding ticket on my record), I'm of good moral standing (ARMY ROTC Cadet, Eagle Scout, multiple mission trips). Law: The law states I need the permit to receive the handgun(No mention of age anywhere in the Statutes, unless you are a minor). Reasonableness of refusal: Although I'm old enough to vote, defend the Constitution of The US, have contracted with the DoD, and it is lawful, he refuses because of my age?

()pen(arry

I have a default positive of LE. I find your post offensive and uninformed. I'm not ignorant nor a retard.

I served 21 years in the Armed Forces and believe in the Rule of Law. Your proclamation of anarchy is insulting at it's lowest form, you then throw out the racist card. Immature at best....and you call yourself a responsible gun owner?

You're naive, at best, my friend. I'm not trying to be pejorative. Law enforcement is an arm of government, and as the founders of this nation believed, government is to be mistrusted and warded against at all times. That any given person is endowed with the power to rescind your freedoms at his or her discretion should be terrifying to you, whether you believe it's necessary or not. At minimum you should be skeptical of the motives of law enforcement, as they are granted a priori presumption of honesty in a court of law, even though they're exactly as human, and therefore fallible, as you or me, and they are given precisely zero more scrutiny with regard to trustworthiness than anyone else before being rewarded with a badge and a gun. On top of this theoretically-deserved skepticism, it is demonstrated on a daily basis that there are countless law enforcement "officers" (you should scoff at that mis-accreditation, being ex-mil) who are among the worst of society's power-mad scoff-laws. Whether these represent a majority or a minority, their sheer number, and the utter ubiquity with which other so-called LEOs cover for their misdeeds, should give any rational citizen tremendous pause before granting them default deference, let alone respect.

I heartily endorse your belief in the rule of law. All the more reason not to give automatic respect to law enforcement. They, more than any other member of society, are best equipped and positioned to abrogate it.

Finally, the second paragraph of my previous post had nothing to do with the first paragraph. Yard Sale should try to oust the lawless bastard who holds the position of Sheriff. Also, and unrelated, there are a crap load of racist a-holes in this country who automatically associate Islam with terrorism. To hell with those people. My joke about Sheriff vs Sharif was a comment on the unabridged and extralegal power of law enforcement in this country. Then I realized that some jackass would think I was endorsing racism, so I made a point about that.

CDT COX

Round 4:

Went in today to get the Sheriff to sign my PPP app. so I can start the appeal process. As soon as I walk in I tell the guy that doesn't like me that I need them to run a background check on me and for the Sheriff to sign and deny my app so I could start my appeal. He goes and gets the Sheriff. I could tell that he was thinking “damn it not this guy again”. He came out into the lobby again and asked what I needed today in his rude tone. I clearly stated that I needed him to do a background check, then deny and sign my application. He studied my application for a minute (I think he was eyeballing the first and second character references) then signs it without doing a background check. Here is the application which states AFTER a cr search… . I’ll just use this encounter as more evidence that the Sheriff doesn’t care about listening to me and that I’m just a waste of his time.

PPPappEDIT-1.jpg

Last edited:

CDT COX

Since Lane Carter is friendly to under 21, I might head down to Moore County after classes one day and get my purchase permit there. He can issue to a nonresident for collecting. This while be the start of my handgun collection.

calynn

I've said this about way too many times. CALL THE DAMN ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, SPEAK TO A LAW ENFORCEMENT LIAISON AND TELL THEM THE PROBLEM. THEY WILL CALL THE SHERIFF AND INFORM THAT THEY CANNOT DENY THE PERMIT IN THIS SITUATION DUE TO YOUR AGE.

It's really not that difficult. Hotrod and myself have both completed the process.

CALL THEM

919-716-6400

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Statues?

Oh, I never seek statues from the internet. How can I tell if one will fit on the pedestal or base where I want to put it? I always go to the art show or auction and see it for myself.

:)

Last edited:

calynn

^^^ who should I ask for? Do you have a name?

Ask to speak to a law enforcement liaison. I think the lady I usually spoke to was Jane. You can get up with her at 919-716-6516. Tell her your situation and she can help or knows someone who can. Like I said before, I've done it, hotrod has done it. JUST DO IT!

NCjones

Since Lane Carter is friendly to under 21, I might head down to Moore County after classes one day and get my purchase permit there. He can issue to a nonresident for collecting. This while be the start of my handgun collection.

I don't know but I've been told the chances for these are slim to none. Sheriffs generally don't like to second guess their colleagues.

NCjones

Oh, I never seek statues from the internet. How can I tell if one will fit on the pedestal or base where I want to put it? I always go to the art show or auction and see it for myself.

:)

Handgun statues on the net are fairly common. The design does vary widely from state to state, tho. :)

CDT COX

Well hell, now they're trying to give me a hassle. Grrrrrr.

Dang! I haven't called them yet because it will be a month or so before I go home and I was going to call them the day before I left.

Resto Guy

Dang! I haven't called them yet because it will be a month or so before I go home and I was going to call them the day before I left.

After following this ongoing saga since the start, this my take.
It's really not so "URGENT", is it? You might as well admit that you don't plan to go any further with it and let this topic die.