• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day, Monday, January 17, 2011 - Richmond, VA - FACEBOOK Link Too!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Numbers count. It doesn't matter if the legislator is in or not, he knows.

Think of this in terms of the "300." If they had been 10 times or a 1000 times as many, would they not have been more effective. Even one less in their ranks would have diminished the result. So it is with our efforts. Besides which the "299" doesn't have a ring to it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't be a sunshine patriot - stand tall and be counted, it's not just whether the weather is good. Is is about helping to push the ball forward.

Lobby Day -Jan 17th - Be there!

Seriously, guys 'n gals, this is arguably the most important day of the year for us - every person that attends tips the scale more to our side. Bring the kids, bring a friend, bring your neighbors - it is both fun and educational.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Don't be a sunshine patriot - stand tall and be counted, it's not just whether the weather is good. Is is about helping to push the ball forward.

Lobby Day -Jan 17th - Be there!

Seriously, guys 'n gals, this is arguably the most important day of the year for us - every person that attends tips the scale more to our side. Bring the kids, bring a friend, bring your neighbors - it is both fun and educational.

Weather shouldn't be an issue anyway. The actual politicing takes place inside.
I have a couple of waterproof camera cases and my gun has to stay in the car...so I don't care what the weather is.

Philip might want to wear a rubber suit if he plans to grab the mic in rain though:lol::lol:

The Wolfhound

Going again this year

Already clearing the schedule for Lobby Day. Attended last year. The legislators do notice the numbers of people who gave up a holiday or took time off work to show up at the General Assembly. These are motivated citizens and the legislators know they are being watched by people who will speak up and hold them accountable for their actions. In a republic, other than excercising the power of the vote, it is our greatest demonstration of the power of "We the People" Be there! Join in! Numbers count!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Lobby Day Va-Alert 1/5/2011

From PVC:

THE RUBBER MEETS THE ROAD

We are fast approaching the start of this year's General Assembly session - Wednesday, January 12th.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is where the rubber meets the road! VCDL, as usual, will be playing both offense and defense - pushing pro-gun bills, while fighting against gun-control in all of its ugly forms.

WHAT VCDL WILL DO TO HELP YOU, AND WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP VCDL

VCDL will post its bill tracking system for 2011 on its web site soon. You will be able to track gun bills with ease as they work through the General Assembly.

Email traffic from VA-ALERT is going to go way up for the next month or so as we keep you apprised of the status of gun bills. We will have "Action Items," which will be asking you to contact your legislators on the various bills. We make doing that as simple as falling out of bed, as you will soon see. ;-)

When you receive an "Action Item" or, especially an "Urgent Action Item", please try to read and act on that email as soon as possible - things can move at the speed of light at the General Assembly.

This is your chance to help change the gun laws in Virginia for the better. Please don't sit back and hope someone else will carry your water on this. If you are a VCDL member, you ARE the water carriers for gun rights in Virginia!

One of the things that makes VCDL a force to be reckoned with is when thousands of you send those emails and make those phone calls on the various bills.

LOBBY DAY

And to really drive home our message, VCDL Lobby Day will be on Monday, January 17th. We will be lobbying the General Assembly in groups in the morning and we will have a rally at the Bell Tower from 11 AM to 12 Noon. Some of the speakers will include Delegate Brenda Pogge, Sheriff Danny Diggs (York County), Scott Lee (of the Lee Brothers show on WRVA, AM 1140 in Richmond), and Constitutional Lawyer Patrick McSweeny.

You can see some of last year's Lobby Day event on the VCDL web site or by clicking here:

2010:
http://vimeo.com/11043698

2009:
http://vimeo.com/2908169

Mark your calendars and come do your part to protect our freedom, while having a lot of fun at the same time! Details on Lobby Day will follow soon.

VCDL President

Centurion
Weather shouldn't be an issue anyway. The actual politicing takes place inside.
I have a couple of waterproof camera cases and my gun has to stay in the car...so I don't care what the weather is.

Philip might want to wear a rubber suit if he plans to grab the mic in rain though:lol::lol:

ROFL! The perfect chance for the antis to get rid of me for good - make sure there is 110V going to the outside of the mike!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I've been there the past couple of years and intend to be up in Richmond for this again this year, this time bringing along some more Lynchburgers. I'm looking forward to speaking with my delegate and senator as well as having the opportunity to speak with others who lead various committees. If for no other benefit, this is an excellent opportunity to come be among likeminded friends and see your state government in action. VCDL and their leadership make this easy for the Average Joe to come and have a meaningful visit!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
ROFL! The perfect chance for the antis to get rid of me for good - make sure there is 110V going to the outside of the mike!

Philip. if Lori has a roll of electrical tape or wire nuts...be afraid!:lol::lol::lol:

BTW, most mics have either 24 or 48 volts of "Phantom Power" supplied through the balanced audio line.

I'd like to remind the members of two things about lobby day.

First, I consider this year pivotal because of the anti big government sentiment shown in the Federal elections, and the upcoming state elections this year.
Numbers count!

Second, everyone here except *****, are intelligent people (Sorry in advance John!)

and there are a lot of non gun and loosely gun related issues facing us.

I have several appointments with legislators to discuss items on my agenda. I strongly recommend everyone else do the same.

NUMBERS DO COUNT!

Last edited:

MSC 45ACP

This should be interesting...

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims of the Tucson mass shooting...

Tuesday January 11, 2011

Dear Friends,

Every year in Virginia we lose more than 800 lives to gunfire from all causes - suicide, homicide and unintentional. Of those lives lost to gunfire, nearly 80 are children, youth and teenagers.

On behalf of the Virginia Center for Public Safety, I'd like to invite you to join us in Richmond on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Monday, January 17th for a day of peaceful advocacy for the prevention of gun violence.

At 12:30 p.m. we will gather at the Richmond YWCA to meet Colin Goddard and watch the short documentary about his story entitled "Living for 32". We will also have an opportunity to learn more about firearms related legislation to be introduced at the General Assembly. This gathering will also provide an opportunity for you to meet our incoming president, Andrew Goddard.

At 3 p.m., for the eighteenth year, we will gather at the Bell Tower on the
capitol grounds to participate in a Vigil to Remember the Victims of Gun Violence in Virginia. We will also take this special time to remember and reflect on Dr. King's commitment to peace and nonviolence. Then, after the vigil we will visit our legislators in the General Assembly Building.

As always, the Virginia Center for Public Safety is grateful for your support and together we will do all we can to prevent and reduce gun violence in Virginia.

Sincerely,

Kaye Tice
(Outgoing) President
The Virginia Center for Public Safety

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click to view this email in a browser

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

Click here to forward this email to a friend

Virginia Center for Public Safety
P. O. Box 271
Norfolk, Virginia 23501

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.

Repeater

Clash of the 'Special Events'

Special Events for Lobby Day 2011:

1/17/2011 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM Coalition for People with Mental Disabilities Event - 400 people expected

01/17/2011 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Virginia Citizens Defense League - 500 people expected
Peaceful gathering of members to celebrate 2nd Amendment and our freedoms.

01/17/2011 01:00 PM - 02:00 PM Virginia Campaign for Liberty - 2000 people expected to attend
10th Amendment Rally of the Coalition of Tea Party Groups

01/17/2011 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM The Virginia Center for Public Safety - 100 people expected

Gee, only 100?

wylde007

At 3 p.m., for the eighteenth year, we will gather at the Bell Tower on the capitol grounds to participate in a Vigil to Remember the Victims of Gun Violence in Virginia. We will also take this special time to remember and reflect on Dr. King's commitment to peace and nonviolence. Then, after the vigil we will visit our legislators in the General Assembly Building.
Ah, the ever-popular "die in". :lol::lol: