• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day, Monday, January 17, 2011 - Richmond, VA - FACEBOOK Link Too!

MSC 45ACP

Ah, the ever-popular "die in". :lol::lol:

I thought it was pretty comical, too. I don't remember how many of them there were last year, but they looked like they had sucked lemons when they saw Bridget carrying her Glock.

I remember Lori What'sHerName with the memorable posterior (along with her personal cameraman) and a couple elderly folks. they didn't even have a dozen... It was memorable because she kept standing right in front of where we were sitting, so I may as well memorize what was inches from my face... :-X

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I thought it was pretty comical, too. I don't remember how many of them there were last year, but they looked like they had sucked lemons when they saw Bridget carrying her Glock.

I remember Lori What'sHerName with the memorable posterior (along with her personal cameraman) and a couple elderly folks. they didn't even have a dozen... It was memorable because she kept standing right in front of where we were sitting, so I may as well memorize what was inches from my face... :-X

:lol:I have that picture of Lori somewhere and her memorable line to me "Can't we all just get along".:lol:

Probably not Lori....probably not!

Last edited:

Repeater

Playing the victim

Ah, the ever-popular "die in". :lol::lol:

Wallowing in victimhood just got amped up with this:

Living for 32

homebg_synopsis.jpg

TxSwampRat

Wallowing in victimhood just got amped up with this:

Living for 32

homebg_synopsis.jpg

Not really, something else is A MUST SEE!!! According to an ABC's GMA interview of 27 Dec 2010, the good Colin Goddard is NOT anti-gun!!!:exclaim: Who knew! On the contrary, he has actually gone hunting and to the range and and and is not at all anti-gun as ABC touts... just enforce the laws on the books.... just write COMMON SENSE laws... do this and we can all get along. The ABC report does mean something doesn't it? After all ABC is soooo unbiased just like the rest of the MSM.:banghead: Guys like this are too much and a sad bunch to watch.

HeroHog

How did it go guys? Were the numbers good this year? Were the anti's as openly rude, crude and disrespectful as in years past?

t33j

PVC estimated 300 I think? The Antis stayed away until 3pm. I didn't see any.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
How did it go guys? Were the numbers good this year? Were the anti's as openly rude, crude and disrespectful as in years past?

There were some of the regulars missing but the organization was better this year I think.

I left Jane with Joe's group and I made my rounds, then went out to get pictures.
While we all agreed that numbers overall (all groups in the Capital) were down, you still couldn't go anywhere without seeing GSL stickers. Even down in the Bottom later, stickers all over.

The police had a new trick this year. They were asking how many guns you were carrying then wanted to know why you had more than one.
They also took a rolled up banner away from a Bike member (wearing a GSL sticker). They told him he couldn't have it inside.

There were a LOT of cops including a very young dog and mounted Richmond Cops.

Last edited:

VAlitigator

Good turnout, seemed to go smoothly indoors. Our team visited individual legislators for our team members after we hit our assigned rooms. Lots of orange stickers, actually got to sit down with two senators (Fairfax and Hampton/NN/Poquoson).

Rally attendance seemed slightly lower than last year but may have been due to cold weather.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My chosen response to "fishing expedition" questions is a non-response.

The simple reply I give is "No thank you." Never fails to draw a puzzled expression.

Actually had a nice conversation with the two Capital Police at the express lane entrance during a lull. I think we parted with a better understanding of each other

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Were the anti's as openly rude, crude and disrespectful as in years past?

Got on the elevator with Karolyn.. There were like 5 55-50 year old ladies... they must have already been talking about us in the elevator.. as one said too her friend.. "Look! She's got one!". The lady she was speaking to then ask Karolyn, "Does it have bullets in it!!??!??". Karoyln smiled and said "of course". The one of the other ladies mumbled.. "I had to dump my purse at the front door and they let THESE IDIOTS in with GUNS!!!" We bid them a nice day and got off on our floor. :)

t33j

Good turnout, seemed to go smoothly indoors. Our team visited individual legislators for our team members after we hit our assigned rooms. Lots of orange stickers, actually got to sit down with two senators (Fairfax and Hampton/NN/Poquoson).

Rally attendance seemed slightly lower than last year but may have been due to cold weather.

Would that be Norment? He's my senator but he wasn't there when I stopped by. His staff also did not know what his opinion was or if he had one on SB876 which was up for a subcommittee vote at 4pm yesterday.

Last edited:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
Would that be Norment? He's my senator but he wasn't there when I stopped by. His staff also did not know what his opinion was or if he had one on SB876 which was up for a subcommittee vote at 4pm yesterday.
I'd guess John Miller.

At one past Lobby Day, my 2 brothers and I sat down in Miller's office and spoke with him. Maybe it helped that he recognized my oldest brother as his family practice physician. Miller was newly elected at the time, and was very non-committal to anything resembling an actual position. He was pleasant, and seemed open to consider our points, but ended up with a voting record not to my liking.