• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Picnic 7/17/2010 1100-1400

johnfenter

Sorry I missed you guys...

Got out of my TLP meeting in VA Beach late, and I KNEW I would never make it up to NN in time for the picnic. Next time... But, I should be at the York County meeting on Tuesday...

6L6GC

Many thanks

My sincere thanks to all who attended the picnic. Thank you all for bringing food/drinks/supplies. It was great to see a great group of people just enjoying the company of each other. The kids were cute/great. I love kids and it was good to see some there. Keeps things in perspective and reminds me that we have to work to ensure that there is a good future for them.

There was no blood in the streets, no shoot outs over parking spots, no gun play because someone felt snubbed. None of the stuff the brady bunch always says there will be when "everybody has guns". Well, we (almost) all had guns and a good time was had by all.

Maybe I'll rent an indoor place next time so we can have air conditioning. It was a little warm. Durn that Al Gore for inventing global warming. :-D

Thanks to Philip for driving all the way down here and giving us an update on everything.

Thanks again to everybody. So glad and honored to be a part of the VCDL

youngck

My sincere thanks to all who attended the picnic. Thank you all for bringing food/drinks/supplies. It was great to see a great group of people just enjoying the company of each other. The kids were cute/great. I love kids and it was good to see some there. Keeps things in perspective and reminds me that we have to work to ensure that there is a good future for them.

There was no blood in the streets, no shoot outs over parking spots, no gun play because someone felt snubbed. None of the stuff the brady bunch always says there will be when "everybody has guns". Well, we (almost) all had guns and a good time was had by all.

Maybe I'll rent an indoor place next time so we can have air conditioning. It was a little warm. Durn that Al Gore for inventing global warming.

Thanks to Philip for driving all the way down here and giving us an update on everything.

Thanks again to everybody. So glad and honored to be a part of the VCDL

Amen, nice picnic, nice people, Thanks to all

45acpForMe

It was nice to see some old friends and see some new faces. I didn't meet all though between setup, eating and keeping track of my kids.

We left just before 1pm and I blamed it on my kids whining that they wanted to go, but as hot as it was I was ready to go jump in the pool too. ;-)

Thanks Ron for putting this together.

Bullets weren't flying but holsters were! Thanks Skidmark!

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

The heat isn't supposed to bother country people Joe. 1 demerit!:p

Hey Peter, what'uz I to know? I's just a country mouse gone to th' big city of Nu-port Nuze with my kin, and I heerd befo that they has 'lectricty over there, and some folks has big fans that blows on people and keeps 'em cool. I'se hoping that river breeze would be cooler over on th' north side.

Seriously, it was a nice event, and we were glad to finally be able to attend.

Pagan

I had a good time at the picnic, although I brought my 100 hot dogs, and nobody cooked them,lol. I'm sure my family will eat them all, eventually. I showed the guys starting the grill where my cooler full of dogs, were, guess they did not need them, or maybe I was suppose to cook them?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I had a good time at the picnic, although I brought my 100 hot dogs, and nobody cooked them,lol. I'm sure my family will eat them all, eventually. I showed the guys starting the grill where my cooler full of dogs, were, guess they did not need them, or maybe I was suppose to cook them?

There was a certain amount of unscheduled duplication. I was signed up for the hot dog buns and somebody else brought them too - mine were never used. You and I should have gotten together. :D

With all of the cameras seen throughout the day, where are the pictures? Somebody download some, please.

DoubleTap

Great people, great food, and great conversation. Really enjoyed seeing some regulars and meeting new folks. Thanks for an enjoyable day. Alright Grape, I only took a couple of pictures...here they are!

Attachments

• P7170077.jpg
    P7170077.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 107
  • P7170078.jpg
    P7170078.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 112

2a4all

All 50 of the hot dogs that I brought were cooked and eaten along with the buns!

Had a great time, in spite of the heat. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 2010-07-17 11.07.14.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.07.14.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 2010-07-17 11.07.18.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.07.18.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 2010-07-17 11.07.28.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.07.28.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 2010-07-17 11.07.35.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.07.35.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 2010-07-17 11.07.47.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.07.47.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 2010-07-17 11.08.20.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.08.20.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 2010-07-17 11.08.48.jpg
    2010-07-17 11.08.48.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 114

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Virginia Citizen(sic) Defence League ?

Are we on de fence? :D

I missed those typos on Saturday.

Mechman

Enjoyed meeting you!

I seem to have been removed from the latest "fwd" list... I'll be bringing coolers, ice and bottled water to the picnic...

Mike C.

45ACP,

I enjoyed the chance to meet ya and spend a few moments chatting. Hope you had a great time...my family and I did!

Mechman

Milbars

Wife and I had a good time as well. That heat was a scorcher! Next year (if I'm not downrange), I'll leave the dog at home. Oh, and I know where the park is for next year too.