• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Volunteers to take flyers to your local gun shops

Spartacus

Banned
Guys,

I support your efforts, but I'd like to encourage you to be more accurate.

Virginia has many options for satisfying the training requirement in order to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308 lists them:

Hold on there Skidmark. Who said we in WI value accuracy?

The very interesting pamphlet never addresses the concept of concealed carry recipriocity between the states, so the permitting and training we are seeking to avoid will have to be done anyway if we intend to carry anywhere but here.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Hold on there Skidmark. Who said we in WI value accuracy?

The very interesting pamphlet never addresses the concept of concealed carry recipriocity between the states, so the permitting and training we are seeking to avoid will have to be done anyway if we intend to carry anywhere but here.

There are many things the pamphlet doesn't address. I didn't want to write a thesis on the subject that would be too long to be read.

Anyone who wants to carry in other states can do that now. Just go get a non-resident permit from FL, UT, or whatever.

No need for Wisconsin to duplicate the bureaucracy that already exists in other states.

Spartacus

Banned
There are many things the pamphlet doesn't address. I didn't want to write a thesis on the subject that would be too long to be read.

You covered about everything but recipriocity. Another sentence or two would have done it.

Nice job BTW except for the term Constitutional Carry which is a name for nothing as you know. Unlicensed Carry or Unrestricted Carry would have been more accurate but I understand you are trying to hit the Hot Button.

Anyone who wants to carry in other states can do that now. Just go get a non-resident permit from FL, UT, or whatever.

Oh I did that. I paid $100+ to a MN instructor and $100 to a MN sheriff. Whats wrong with that picture? That money should have stayed here.

No need for Wisconsin to duplicate the bureaucracy that already exists in other states.

Did you just say we should support the bureaucracy of other states and not support our own? lol

Def don't want to debate you here Nik but only point out a couple of soft spots which will need hardening up if this is gonna fly.

protias

I can take them to:

Shooters Shop in West Allis (When does Shorty's Shooting Sports open up?)
Badger Guns in Milwaukee
Fletcher Arms in Waukesha
Gander Mountain in Waukesha

If there are any others in Waukesha County, let me know and I'll take the fliers to them as well.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Nice to see you are consistent. Anyhow, yes, I would rather support MN or UT existing state employees than hire new WI state employees.

Nice to see you are consistent as well. Consistently wrong that is.

If you are indeed a supporter of what is wrongly called Constitutional Carry then the least of your concerns would be the hiring of a few more state employees. But since you had to say something about my post, you being you and all, you would have been better served to debate one of the other points I raised. But thats hard to do when I'm right isn't it?

paul@paul-fisher.com

But thats hard to do when I'm right isn't it?

LOL!:banana:

You are right, I didn't argue with the rest of your post. You said that you paid $100 for training and $100 for the permit. You are right. You are also right that Nik didn't cover reciprocity. He also didn't cover the meaning of life, whether Elvis is alive and whether cream cheese is creamy, what's your point?

The reason it is called Constitutional Carry is that the permit I would use is the Constitution.

Also, not sure how I can be wrong on a preference. It is my preference so I can't be wrong. I can only be wrong on facts, and I didn't state any.

Nice to see you learned your lesson!

Way to derail another thread about going out and doing something instead of sitting behind your keyboard and bloviating like you do.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Def don't want to debate you here Nik but only point out a couple of soft spots which will need hardening up if this is gonna fly.

Appreciate the input.

I think reciprocity opens up a can of worms that requires an explanation of much greater detail. For example, non-resident permits do not allow you to carry in school zones in other states because of teh federal GFSZ law.

In that regard, its BETTER for people to get a non-resident permit issued FROM the state they do a lot of travel to so they would be legal in school zones.

A Wisconsin permit would not allow people to carry in ANY other state with impunity (considering the federal gun free school zone issue).

I think people who do a lot of travel would be much better served from a legal standpoint to get a permit in the state(s) they travel to frequently.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I think people who do a lot of travel would be much better served from a legal standpoint to get a permit in the state(s) they travel to frequently.

Yep, I live and work and spend 99.9% of my life in WI. If I want to carry anyplace else, I'll get a permit that is 'good' there. Only states that don't 'like' out of state permits are MI and FL, as far as I know. Making a WI permit that meets all the requirements for reciprocity of all the other states wold be tough and would require training.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Making a WI permit that meets all the requirements for reciprocity of all the other states wold be tough and would require training.

It wouldn't be tough, it would be impossible.

As you say, its TRUE that NO permit allows you to carry all over the US. Some of the most popular places to travel you can't get a permit to carry anyway (as they are may-issue states)

But to be exempt from the federal GFSZ law you must be licensed BY the state you are carrying in.

So really, the only states you can carry with impunity are AZ, VT, AK (other constitutional carry states)

Any way you look at it, perpetuating a permit system is a step in the wrong direction.

XDFDE45

Any way you look at it, perpetuating a permit system is a step in the wrong direction.
I couldn't agree more. That is why I'm hoping the lawsuit against the GFSZ goes our way because where I live I am sandwiched between two schools and can't really even go for a walk while OC'ing in my own neighborhood because of it. The only way I can is to go one block west and then I can only go north or south from there. As we all know the GFSZ was a knee jerk reaction to the school shootings that were happening but in passing this law, much like the AWB, it did nothing to discourage criminals from violating this law while making countless people potential felons.

Spartacus

Banned
You are also right that Nik didn't cover reciprocity. He also didn't cover the meaning of life, whether Elvis is alive and whether cream cheese is creamy, what's your point?

Recipriocity is an important part of the concealed carry issue and to ignore it is dishonest. To make fun of the issue and equate it with Elvis and cream cheese is worse than dishonest.

The reason it is called Constitutional Carry is that the permit I would use is the Constitution.

Neither the state or federal constitutions address the details of how we may keep and bear arms, only that we may.

Way to derail another thread about going out and doing something instead of sitting behind your keyboard and bloviating like you do.

Gray, I'm not going to put up with these sideways personal attacks anymore. I have a right to express myself here without being called a cow.

Paul, I've seen enough piles of WCI and other gun rights literature on dusty shelves under the cash register in gun stores across the state to know what is effectively going to get the word out.

The bottom line is that we don't have enough time. It came at us too fast. Even some of the gun store owners will not know what you are talking about when you give them the pamphlets. I talked to one gun store worker a few months back who did not know that I could legally open carry in WI.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Neither the state or federal constitutions address the details of how we may keep and bear arms, only that we may.

Exactly; which is why we are calling the initiative "Constitutional Carry". The focus is on carrying in any way we choose. Your current objection, and many previous objections to the term are noted and filed. You have yet to make any rational argument on why the term doesn't fit. Please drop it.

WCI is calling it constitutional carry, we called it that before, and many others do as well. Even if the term is not endearing to you and somehow wrong in your mind, it's been coined and is over and done with.

The topic of this post is to gather volunteers to give out the flyers let's get back to that please. If you or others would like to debate the semantics of terms please start a different thread or at least do it in the thread where Nik introduced the flyer and not this "working" thread.

Tweety

Banned
Gray, I'm not going to put up with these sideways personal attacks anymore. I have a right to express myself here without being called a cow.

LOL I guess we all know whats coming!
Seems like this guy didn't learn a thing in 7 days.
Let's keep things on topic gentlemen. I think that is the right word, isn't it?

See ya around Paul!

Last edited:

goforlow

Nik, when can we expect flyers in the mail. I can print some, but we have 7 stores in our area and if you already have them printed that would help.

Also, do we have anyone in the Rice Lake/Barron/Cameron area on here?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Recipriocity is an important part of the concealed carry issue and to ignore it is dishonest.

That is misstating the facts. Reciprocity is an important part of a concealed carry permit. That and meeting the letter of the law for the Federal GFSZ are the only 'pluses' of a permit'. As a WI resident, I care but not enough that I am willing to pay to exercise my rights in WI. Don't get me wrong, I MIGHT get an out of state permit later.

No kidding. They also don't restrict it.

I called you a cow? Maybe I didn't make myself clear. My point is, stop saying crap can't be done, just go out and do it. I never said that you never did anything except sit behind your keyboard bloviating. I said you were bloviating on this subject.

Paul, I've seen enough piles of WCI and other gun rights literature on dusty shelves under the cash register in gun stores across the state to know what is effectively going to get the word out.

The bottom line is that we don't have enough time. It came at us too fast. Even some of the gun store owners will not know what you are talking about when you give them the pamphlets. I talked to one gun store worker a few months back who did not know that I could legally open carry in WI.

I understand, I'm not saying that every person in every gun store will jump 100% on board with this, however, like our elected representatives, if we spend just a few minutes talking to them, it will plant the seeds that there are other options than a 'shall issue' system. They might not come around today but they might at least soften their opposition. Obviously there are die hard anti constitutional carry people out there that won't change their mind no matter what but once again even if we only change 10% of the minds out there, it is a win!

Just so you don't have to deal with me anymore, I will place you on my ignore list until at least January 1st, 2011. We are making to much progress and I am too busy to waste more of my time arguing with you.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Nik, when can we expect flyers in the mail. I can print some, but we have 7 stores in our area and if you already have them printed that would help.

Also, do we have anyone in the Rice Lake/Barron/Cameron area on here?

They haven't been printed yet, I'll keep you posted. As soon as they are available, I'll wade through the garbage in this thread to find the people who graciously volunteered, pm you for your address and let you know what is shipping and when.