• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA L&I Diversity Fair - Open Carry Opportunity!!!

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am not driving at the moment, but I am going to see if I can find a way down. I would love to go it would make an excellent statement. I really like this idea. We'll have to keep this thread semi-active close to the date or folks (including me) might forget.

Diversity isn't just about, culture or ethnic background.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

EDIT: I thought the date on this was Tues 7/13 so the rides I offered are now void. If I can get the day off from work, I will still attend.

shad0wfax

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
So right now it's me, Squeak and Shadowfax?  Anyone else? 

Let me mull over a place to meet; just coffee, or breakfast?  Might want to be a bit earlier than 10am if anything but a quick cup of coffee. 

We can make it earlier so we have a bit more time if you like. It'll be fairly difficult for me to get there anytime before 9am since it's a ~5 hour drive from Spokane. The diversity fair runs from 11am to 2pm. I'm not sure when it's busiest but I'd like to arrive as a group when it's packed with people. I was thinking it may be busiest at noon, but I'm not sure.

For those needing rides: I'm driving from Spokane, so if anyone lives along I-90 between Spokane and WA-18, along WA-18 to I-5, or along I-5 from WA-18 to Tumwater, I can offer a ride for at least 1, if not 2 people.

1245A Defender

imported post

ya id like to go. im in north mason, so not too far to go. got a friend, maybyto come with,,,first time to oc for us both of us, we both got video pens too,, im with a p-38 with mil holster,, and maybe my machine fixture for extra effect!!!
006.jpg

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that they hold these things on a day at a time, so as to almost guarantee lowest attendance?

Some people have to work for a living!

:question::question::question::question::question:

Squeak

imported post

Bookman wrote:
Am I the only one who sees the irony in the fact that they hold these things on a day at a time, so as to almost guarantee lowest attendance?

Who?:celebrate

shad0wfax

imported post

Bookman wrote:

Yes, but they're state workers and "Our states greatest strength is its diversity." (Gov. Chris Gregoire)

The management from all over the state takes time away from their offices to go to these extremely valuable training events. Thankfully, we pay taxes which support these practices or else our state would have less diverse management of state offices and that would weaken our great state considerably.

P.S. I have small but brightly colored metallic-reflective smiley face stickers. They're about 3/8" diameter and they stick very nicely on kydex holsters. They'll help remind our great state's employees that we all smile in the same language. I happen to smile in German, as I carry an H&K.

shad0wfax

imported post

2, 4, 5 A defender wrote:
hey can i get a german smiley for my p-38? and an italian one for my tanfoglio???

If you promise to stop posting pictures of that rusted monstrosity you can have all the smileys you want!

1245A Defender

imported post

thanx ,, i knew i was being a pest,,,, you made me lol!!!! im still learning to make the pics go in the computor box!! i want them smaller,, how i do that?? also not over and over and over and over,,, thanx for your patientiants,,,,, im learning sprellink now two..

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Ok, I got an email back from Mike Harbour the director of Intercity Transit. I again sought to correct the error in their printed gun rules, and this time it got through. He is going to ask his operations manager to change "warrants alarm" in their rules and information to something more in line with state law.

Peacemaker

imported post

Brilliant!

I wish I could come :)

But alas, I am a continent away in a state with a public gathering law. I hope you do pull this off!