• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WA L&I Diversity Fair - Open Carry Opportunity!!!

hydrochloride

imported post

Aw, if it was a snake it would have bit me....I am not going to be able to come,..I am going to Montana for precision marksman course..dooh!

I am game for any other get together.....

1245A Defender

imported post

this dropped off the radar!!! i still would like to get together at the fair with any OC folks, so who else is planning to attend? lets get some details so we know a little of the who, how, when, where , why????

benwa

imported post

Do they offer free food there? It says there is food, but not if its free. I would like to drop some of those people from the freeway on/off ramps there.

Squeak

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
So right now it's me, Squeak and Shadowfax? Anyone else?

Let me mull over a place to meet; just coffee, or breakfast? Might want to be a bit earlier than 10am if anything but a quick cup of coffee.
The Dr. had to change my appt. to the 4th. Sorry; can't go.:cry:

shad0wfax

imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
So right now it's me, Squeak and Shadowfax? Anyone else?

Let me mull over a place to meet; just coffee, or breakfast? Might want to be a bit earlier than 10am if anything but a quick cup of coffee.

Alright, the event is tomorrow and I'll be there. Let me know when and where you want to meet for breakfast.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I totally spaced on this one, and even if I hadn't I won't be free tomorrow after all. I'm involved in a software development company startup and have to spend the day working on marketing and website design. Sorry.

DEROS72

imported post

Its this diversity crap and tolerance that is destoying this country!I won't be there...

1245A Defender

imported post

we are bound by nature to be diverse!!! tolerance is what makes it all work in spite of our differances!!! they say it takes all kinds! but that not true! the fact is, weve got all kinds and the laws and the constitution make it possible for us to alljust get along..

1245A Defender

imported post

are you really gonna be there, shaddowfax??any one else? if you here someone calling, "shaddow!" like they cant find thier dog, thatll be me,, lookin for the other OCer.. im not counting on going, but i could/might...

MuzzleToot

imported post

Hello, I'm new here. Just joined this forum and thought y'all might be interested to read what was posted on the L&I employee intranet yesterday:

Monday, Aug. 3, 2009.

Controversial group may attend Diversity Fair on Tuesday

L&I learned this week a political group known as "Open Carry" may attend the Diversity Fair on Tuesday. Some members of the group, which seeks to defend Washington State's legal freedom to openly carry a weapon, used their Web site to express interest in demonstrating at L&I's Tumwater building during the fair.

L&I does not know how many demonstrators, if any, will arrive at the August 4 event, but notes that employees should be aware that visitors may be carrying weapons in the Tumwater building.

The Washington State Patrol and Internal Safety and Health will continue to actively monitor the situation.

shad0wfax

imported post

Since the 4 other people from the east side of the state all backed out the day (or night) before the event I decided not to drive 300+ miles just to be the only OC'er there.

Maybe next year (they do this every year) we can organize a larger event with more participation from the folks who actually live on the west side of the state as well.

MuzzleToot wrote:
Hello, I'm new here. Just joined this forum and thought y'all might be interested to read what was posted on the L&I employee intranet yesterday:

Monday, Aug. 3, 2009.

L&I learned this week a political group known as "Open Carry" may attend the Diversity Fair on Tuesday. Some members of the group, which seeks to defend Washington State's legal freedom to openly carry a weapon, used their Web site to express interest in demonstrating at L&I's Tumwater building during the fair.

L&I does not know how many demonstrators, if any, will arrive at the August 4 event, but notes that employees should be aware that visitors may be carrying weapons in the Tumwater building.

The Washington State Patrol and Internal Safety and Health will continue to actively monitor the situation.

Hello, and welcome. If this is true, and not just a drive-by troll: ROFL!

TechnoWeenie

imported post

MuzzleToot wrote:
Hello, I'm new here.  Just joined this forum and thought y'all might be interested to read what was posted on the L&I employee intranet yesterday:

Monday, Aug. 3, 2009.

LOL

1. Why do people feel the need to 'spy' on this site?

2. Why do people feel the need to be warned about a legal activity?

3. What, praytell, would WSP and 'Internal Safety and Health' do? Follow them around?

4. Why not say 'This is completely legal', instead of using vague fearmongering likening our freedom of expression to terrorism?

shad0wfax

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
LOL

1. Why do people feel the need to 'spy' on this site?

2. Why do people feel the need to be warned about a legal activity?

3. What, praytell, would WSP and 'Internal Safety and Health' do? Follow them around?

4. Why not say 'This is completely legal', instead of using vague fearmongering likening our freedom of expression to terrorism?
These are all good questions. I'm not sure if the post about the L&I intranet is true and it would be difficult to verify if it was. (Does anyone know an L&I employee who can verify this?)

Regardless, we know that some LE agencies lurk these forums and I'm willing to bet that includes the feds.

p2a1x7

imported post

My brother told me that a friend of ours sent him a text about the e-mail or notice they received. My brother told him about OCDO prior to it and the e-mail just made him want to check out the site. Granted he's not anti-gun.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

....well we are considered terrorist now right? So of course the State will monitor. Wish the state was as open to being monitored as much as they like to monitor.

p2a1x7

imported post

I talked to an employee today about the e-mail. She didn't really look at it too close, but just said it said that there might be protesters there.

jbone

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
Its this diversity crap and tolerance that is destoying this country!I won't be there...

That about sums it up!

Wouldn't it be great to see the BS termsomething-Americanreplaced with American, or at least American come before the something. Even more I despise all the foreign flags hanging off rear view mirrors.

shad0wfax

imported post

p2a1x7 wrote:
I talked to an employee today about the e-mail. She didn't really look at it too close, but just said it said that there might be protesters there.
Except for we were NOT (going to be) PROTESTORS. We would have simply been celebrating diversity in a way none of the hoity-toitys in their myopic utopia ever thought about.