• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want to know what winds my clock too tight????

DrakeZ07

I have a retired AF friend (I was army) who I know from being interested in muscle cars. He considers his retirement pay “the second half” of his pay!! An E-5 Buck Sgt OVER 2 years makes some 2327.40 per month (the kid out of high school + 2 years now). 2327 x 12 = 27924 a year BEFORE taxes. I would hardly call that living high on the hog ($13.47 per hour) when you will be on duty 24/7/365 in some chit hole. You really need to divide that out as the guy is going to be deployed 5, 6 or 7 times in as many years. 2327 / 720 hours per 30 day month = 3.23 per hour... quite a bit below minimum wage!! His wife is GOING to leave him too because he is NEVER around!
Iraq and the Stan’s are NOT where you’d want to be. So Korea on the DMZ can be a dicey situation too. I would imagine being in Bosnia (remember, that was only going to be a year long deal in 1994 and we still have troops there!) is not really too cool either. Add in all the “latest and greatest B.S.” from the so called enlightened chain of command, the homosexuality, you can’t pray anywhere, and God forbid, if you are a healthy male don’t even dare to look at a female!!.
Then at the END of your 20 or 30 years (if you don’t get CRIPPLED for life where everyone HATES you….you get in their way!!) you get to deal with the US Gubmnt, The Army, and the VA.
Did I tell you that I have a 100% FAILURE rate in dealing with the VA for 44 years?? Well I did / do! They Jacked me around for 30 years before I got my compensation and the army retired me out due to combat injuries under honorable conditions!!! It was all there in front of them on their paperwork too!
I don’t get the pension either as I’m a chapter 61 clown!! They call that the "concurrent receipt of pay", I call it the 100% disabled veterans TAX. Pension is for TIME served. Compensation is for injuries received while performing your duties. If you had the misfortune of getting shot, crippled for life, BEFORE 20 years, too bad because you DO NOT get your pension and the compensation. NOT even "pro-rata"

All those promises (which were part of a contract and therefore obligations) made to soldiers back in 1965 have been taken away bit by bit over the years.
Everytime their is a budget problem CAUSED by congress, the soldier gets CUT. When the economy is booming, I sure didn't recall them giving back what we once had!!!
Those promises INCLUDED "free medical care"...especially for COMBAT injuries, PX and Commisaries. everytime they close a base that is a Pay cut!!
Like I said before, all you guys who think it is such a gravy train, go on down and sign up. Hell, I’ll give you a ride to the recruiter if you are local.!!
Any takers?? C’mon, put your BODY where your mouth is!
The old saying goes like this: "Freedom has a price the protected will NEVER know!"

Well then...

0.jpg

Cava3r4

in the 60's and 70's a soldier may have been vigilant.
I lost a leg and an eye in combat so I also know what it is like to be a veteran.
But in today's world today's soldier is indeed PROTECTING the freedom of those who have NO idea.
If we were NOT fighting in the sandbox today, there would be a lot more terrorism here in the US.
When we cut and run (as our politicians LIKE TO DO) we will see more terrorism here in the US.
Our lamestream news media and our worthless politicians don't even have enough conads to use the word "terror" or "terrorist" and that is what brought down flight 370.
Hide and watch!
Bob

Freedom1Man

in the 60's and 70's a soldier may have been vigilant.
I lost a leg and an eye in combat so I also know what it is like to be a veteran.
But in today's world today's soldier is indeed PROTECTING the freedom of those who have NO idea.
If we were NOT fighting in the sandbox today, there would be a lot more terrorism here in the US.
When we cut and run (as our politicians LIKE TO DO) we will see more terrorism here in the US.
Our lamestream news media and our worthless politicians don't even have enough conads to use the word "terror" or "terrorist" and that is what brought down flight 370.
Hide and watch!
Bob

We have terrorism in the US that comes from government agents.

The terrorists in the Middle East hate us because we are playing in their sandbox then forcing the dollar and private central banks on them.

If we left them the hell alone they would leave us alone.

Addition

Our soldiers are fighting for the same thing now that they did in Vietnam, to keep the poppy fields growing and the CIA's drugs flowing.

Last edited:

Gallowmere

We have terrorism in the US that comes from government agents.

The terrorists in the Middle East hate us because we are playing in their sandbox then forcing the dollar and private central banks on them.

If we left them the hell alone they would leave us alone.

Addition

Our soldiers are fighting for the same thing now that they did in Vietnam, to keep the poppy fields growing and the CIA's drugs flowing.

Pretty much this. I am sick to death of the people who spout off 'they attacked us first, so clearly they will do it again if we don't kill them all', whilst ignoring the fact that the US has been sticking it's nose in places it doesn't belong since long before we ever became a victim of terrorism on our own turf. Does it make the terrorist attacks right? Of course not. Is it understandable that they are a bit pissed off that the US keeps dropping it's balls right in the middle of their affairs? Yeah, pretty much.

Freedom1Man

Pretty much this. I am sick to death of the people who spout off 'they attacked us first, so clearly they will do it again if we don't kill them all', whilst ignoring the fact that the US has been sticking it's nose in places it doesn't belong since long before we ever became a victim of terrorism on our own turf. Does it make the terrorist attacks right? Of course not. Is it understandable that they are a bit pissed off that the US keeps dropping it's balls right in the middle of their affairs? Yeah, pretty much.

To make it worse the government story about who attacked us does not hold water. If we were to attack the countries that there was any evidence of their involvement, we would have attacked Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Look up the USS Liberty attack to understand what is really going on.

Gallowmere

To make it worse the government story about who attacked us does not hold water. If we were to attack the countries that there was any evidence of their involvement, we would have attacked Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Look up the USS Liberty attack to understand what is really going on.

Indeed. That was one hell of an 'oops'. /facepalm