• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington CPL - "The Changes They Are A Coming"

sudden valley gunner

My wife was charged with a DUI. Automatic suspension of license for three months starting the day she was charged. No appeal, no court, nothing. She didn't even go to court on the DUI for a couple months and hadn't had a license that whole time. It's called an administrative suspension and it's automatic.

Another cause for suspension without a hearing is a child support.

You don't get a day in court you just get your license suspended.

Due process has given away to judicial process and has become a joke.

Trust me Freedom I know about the Child support issue it is a wicked wicked game the state plays with you, and you usually don't find out you are suspended until they are arresting you on the side of the road.

I had to finally get a judge to restore my license and am lucky I found one that was half reasonable.

Freedom1Man

Due process has given away to judicial process and has become a joke.

Trust me Freedom I know about the Child support issue it is a wicked wicked game the state plays with you, and you usually don't find out you are suspended until they are arresting you on the side of the road.

I had to finally get a judge to restore my license and am lucky I found one that was half reasonable.

What one is that?

I read through the BS paperwork that they sent me and I am not who was identified in their order nor did it ID my ex wife or any known child.
I even called the bastards. E-mailed them and read the laws.

Learned something. Federal and Washington Child support laws DO NOT apply in the 50 states. The state law never defines income for the purposes of child support, does define earnings though. Then the law says to withhold from income. Go figure.

I did ask them how do you demand payment from a citizen who does not have a SSN though. I might share that with you if you would like PM ME with your email address and I will send you my communications with them.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Lucky. When did you get it? I got mine in 2004 or 2005. It was a piece of paper about 3"x4"
It expired a couple years ago. I need to get a non-resident permit for when I go back to visit.
By the way, why do you have a NH permit? Are you from there?

Got mine Oct 2008 when they were only $20 and required copies of my WA CPL & DL. That was the only reason for me getting it.