• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI Christmas Party

Which weekend for a WCI X-Mas Party

• December 4, 2010

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • December 11, 2010

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • December 18, 2010

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LOERetired

I'll attend

What do you guys think about a WCI Christmas Party.

This would be a "going dutch" type of thing. I would estimate the cost would be between $25 - $35 per person and everybody would bring White Elephant (something you no longer need or want) gag gift.

Thoughts?

Good idea, I'll attend

Don

Spartacus

Banned
Great idea Nik as long as you don't mind if I catch Kim under the mistletoe once in a while?

I thought about putting something together in La Crosse for the guys like I did for Hubert's birthday party, but the logistics seem daunting. First theres the weather then theres no way of accurately gauging how many will come and if I commit to renting Fiesta Mexicana for the night, Enrique could be out a bundle if he misses out on the regular Saturday night crowd but just the other night when my dad and I were in there he expressed his pleasure at having us all in again.

The Maple Grove motel is right next door and I'm sure I could reserve a block of rooms very reasonably for any of the dates you have listed which would be quite convenient. Its not the Ritz but its comfortable.

And then I'm sure Professor Gun would be willing to open up the La Crosse Gun Club for a share and compare the next morning which would be a hoot for those who stayed over. Theres a warm clubhouse with coffee, and hot cocoa and I'm sure lunch could be arranged.

Anyway you know how I like to roll and these things were on my mind. LMK if you want me to talk to Enrique to find out what the financial hit would be and I will start the ball rolling. The biggest worry would be a severe winter storm which would knock the hell out of everything.

Last edited:
M

McX

here's 3 salty lookin dudes that were seen at some open carry event in illinois. we'd better watch to see if they show up at any Christmas parties!

oak1971

I got lazy that day and didn't go. How may WCI members were carrying there? I figured you 3 were not going to carry based on the Illinois laws being fuzzy there.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Mistletoe hangs in my house year around.

In the entryway chandelier for luck, prevention of fire and lightning strikes (Susan Drury, "Customs and Beliefs Associated with Christmas Evergreens: A Preliminary Survey" Folklore 98.2 (1987:194-199) and in the bedroom for more conventional reasons bringing good things.