• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WCI Christmas Party

Which weekend for a WCI X-Mas Party

• December 4, 2010

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • December 11, 2010

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • December 18, 2010

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Dells

Madison, Dells, or somewhere in between.

The Dells would be a great place. There are quite a few good restaurants there and the whole hwy 12 portion of the strip is pretty much without any school zones; IIRC. I'm sure a lot of places there are used to catering to a "Holiday" party as well.

The interstate highways all cross within a few miles of the Dells too, for easy access.

And yes, I'm a bit biased as I live only about 20 miles away. But it's at least pretty close to the middle as far as east/west is concerned.

protias

The Dells would be a great place. There are quite a few good restaurants there and the whole hwy 12 portion of the strip is pretty much without any school zones; IIRC. I'm sure a lot of places there are used to catering to a "Holiday" party as well.

The interstate highways all cross within a few miles of the Dells too, for easy access.

And yes, I'm a bit biased as I live only about 20 miles away. But it's at least pretty close to the middle as far as east/west is concerned.

Hwy 12 does have a lot of restaurants, but so does 16. Unfortunately, 16 is pretty much all covered by schools, which doesn't matter if the restaurant has a parking lot. Now Lake Delton has an unenforceable no carry law. Perhaps we should go there? :D

oliverclotheshoff

i had no idea lake delton had a no carry law maybe a lake delton visit is in order

side note how do you go about finding out about local ordinances?

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Hwy 12 does have a lot of restaurants, but so does 16. Unfortunately, 16 is pretty much all covered by schools, which doesn't matter if the restaurant has a parking lot. Now Lake Delton has an unenforceable no carry law. Perhaps we should go there? :D

Sorry, to clarify; when I say the "Dells", I mean both Wisconsin Dells and Lake Delton. To the locals around here they are pretty much the same thing. So yes, technically I meant Lake Delton and the SW corner of Wisconsin Dells.