• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We made mo/oc history today

dkangel

What I find funny is that Chappel-Nadal (or whatever her name is) actually put forther her own amendment which everyone voted for then she turned around and voted against the bill. Nothing logical about that.

Oramac

Its been a long road and you are right it is Not done yet. It has been a pleasure working with mspgunner on getting this passed. I still remember my first time getting up in front of the house and arguing with representative Mike Colona (this is when we got the flash amendment as a consolation prize). I gave as good as I got.

We do still need to be vigilant. Thank you and everyone else who's helped this along over the years!

Side note: I've no idea who you are, but I like you already just based on your avatar! Firefly is one of my favorite shows. Bonus if you know which episode my sig is from. :D

kcgunfan

Agreed. Nothing in her resume says that she is reliable either.:uhoh:

What about the other 2 sections of RSMo that punish honest gun owners with tactics designed to our steal guns?

Sometimes you take what you get in politics. We will be in a better place at the end of this year than the end of last year, and that's good. It's not the desired end state. Which other 2 statutes do you find troubling?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mspgunner

Sometimes you take what you get in politics. We will be in a better place at the end of this year than the end of last year, and that's good. It's not the desired end state. Which other 2 statutes do you find troubling?

Take what you can get is correct, if you come away from jefferson City with anything, you've done well. My Senator (who treats me like a brother), in his office in Jefferson City looked right at me and said "You know there are over 1,500 bills introduced every year in Jefferson City, what makes your bil lmore important than the others?" I looked right at him, pointed to the middle of my chest and poked my self saying "Because it's my bill!" One of many meaningful exchanges I had in Jefferson City this year. There were many not exactly like that but close to the same. I guess I had a certain conviction in my speech and tone, that's because I did and have this conviction for this cause and would not accept failure this year. For those that know me, you'd be surprsed what I said to some of our legislators, it got personal from time to time.

For those who spoke at Committee hearings, this year and last, some for the very first time speaking in public, you rocked!!! I ws greatly impressed by those who showed up whether they spoke or not. Just showing up was so important when a committee chair would ask for a show of hands and "new" hands went up, that ment some thing in committee. They all knew what my ugly mug looked like, new interested citizens taking the time to go to Jefferson City for a short hearing, it makes a difference. Off my soap box, gotta pee.

Armed&ready

All ordinances or statues that allow impound, seizure, or confiscation, without due process. As it stands today, they can hold your firearm (with a CCW permit) for up to a year until they decide YOU cannot be charged with a crime. Even then, its a trivia pursuit to get your property back. The City of St. Louis is notorious for such silliness.

Your right Marc, it wasn't completed alone.

Last edited:

logunowner

Take what you can get is correct, if you come away from jefferson City with anything, you've done well. My Senator (who treats me like a brother), in his office in Jefferson City looked right at me and said "You know there are over 1,500 bills introduced every year in Jefferson City, what makes your bil lmore important than the others?" I looked right at him, pointed to the middle of my chest and poked my self saying "Because it's my bill!" One of many meaningful exchanges I had in Jefferson City this year. There were many not exactly like that but close to the same. I guess I had a certain conviction in my speech and tone, that's because I did and have this conviction for this cause and would not accept failure this year. For those that know me, you'd be surprsed what I said to some of our legislators, it got personal from time to time.

For those who spoke at Committee hearings, this year and last, some for the very first time speaking in public, you rocked!!! I ws greatly impressed by those who showed up whether they spoke or not. Just showing up was so important when a committee chair would ask for a show of hands and "new" hands went up, that ment some thing in committee. They all knew what my ugly mug looked like, new interested citizens taking the time to go to Jefferson City for a short hearing, it makes a difference. Off my soap box, gotta pee.

Just goes to show you that it takes a village to protect our rights.......Thanks again for all your work.

kcgunfan

Great, but I'm not about to read the entire set of statutes for the state of Missouri to find what you are taking about. If I think the statutes are unfair, I'll fight to overturn them. But you have to give me a little bigger hint than you have. If not, then I know what my targets are for next year.

All ordinances or statues that allow impound, seizure, or confiscation, without due process. As it stands today, they can hold your firearm (with a CCW permit) for up to a year until they decide YOU cannot be charged with a crime. Even then, its a trivia pursuit to get your property back. The City of St. Louis is notorious for such silliness.

Your right Marc, it wasn't completed alone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dkangel

We do still need to be vigilant. Thank you and everyone else who's helped this along over the years!

Side note: I've no idea who you are, but I like you already just based on your avatar! Firefly is one of my favorite shows. Bonus if you know which episode my sig is from. :D

Our Mrs. Reynolds. I was pissed when they cancelled Firefly. In fact my dog (who died this year) was named Serenity after the ship.

Oramac

Our Mrs. Reynolds. I was pissed when they cancelled Firefly. In fact my dog (who died this year) was named Serenity after the ship.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there. It's not easy. Good name, though, for sure!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
A shout out to everyone who took the time to write a note, make a call, visited Jeff city, supported the rally day, and bothered to give a damn about the liberty of our state.

Peace to one and all and thank you to everyone lending support.

dkangel

So...are you saying that right now I do NOT need a permit to OC but if this passes I will be required to get a ccw before I can legally OC?

No. If you read the bill it the section says:

(2) In any jurisdiction in which open carry of firearms is prohibited by ordinance, open carry of a firearm shall not be prohibited in accordance with the following: ....... (The part listing the requirment for a CCW when this occurs)

This means if it was not prohibited in the first place you are still good to go. It does not require a CCW for the places that do not have the prohibition in place.

Last edited:

Morpheus97

So...are you saying that right now I do NOT need a permit to OC but if this passes I will be required to get a ccw before I can legally OC?

That is not correct. OC laws vary across the state. Some areas do not require a permit, some do require a permit, and the rest prohibit OC completely. This Bill simply states that OC is legal statewide with permit. Municipalities that choose to not require a permit can still do so.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

kcgunfan

OC is allowed in Missouri without a permit. But before this year, political subdivisions could make their own laws regarding open carry. Assuming this gets signed, the ability to outlaw OC has been reduced. Not completely, but certainly more than before. As we all know, that's not the end state, it's a step along the way.

If you want to experience constitutional carry visit the state of Arkansas after July 1, 2013. They went from prohibited open carry state wide to constitutional carry in less than 1 months time and Gov. Beebe signed it. It is Act746 if anyone wants to read it.

Last edited:

HP995

We made mo/oc history today

Gunner & co, congrats! I'm overjoyed to see a big 2A/OC effort succeed. I hope you can give advice to teams in other states so that this can be repeated elsewhere.

That almost sounds like a step BACKWARD. I, personally, would like to see OC allowed statewide WITHOUT permit.

Now before anyone belittles this person, consider one thing: Don't say anything negative that you wouldn't say to a Founder of our nation if they had made a similar statement.

If Jefferson or Washington could speak up and say that we should be able to carry openly without a permit, and that to require a permit to exercise the 2A would be detestable, would you chew them out? Just keep it in perspective. To have freedom we must be free to argue about the things we almost agree on. The main thing is to recognize who is on our side in the big picture, and support each other while opposing the other (anti-freedom, unamerican, evil) side.

Having said that, I think OC statewide with CCW is a very good thing. This is a huge step forward.

I'm already getting criticism. I have words for that, it would get me thrown off the forum.

Gunner, I don't think you have as many "critics" as you imagine. People state their beliefs and desires, and that doesn't have to be taken as personal criticism or start endless PM flames. I'm sure you're a tough guy in real life, so don't let people make you thin-skinned online. We have to stick together against the freedom-haters.

This is going to be "wait for it" LEGENDARY.

I'm so glad to see the bill go though!!! :D:D:D

This may make a MO a haven for 2A rights.

Way to go!

osmanobma

okay i seem to have missed a lot since i have been gone. ive been gone for 3 months at marine corps bootcamp.
So what have you guys been up to? can i now open carry everywhere if i have a ccw?

kcgunfan

okay i seem to have missed a lot since i have been gone. ive been gone for 3 months at marine corps bootcamp.
So what have you guys been up to? can i now open carry everywhere if i have a ccw?

Not yet...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
That almost sounds like a step BACKWARD. I, personally, would like to see OC allowed statewide WITHOUT permit.

You are not alone in that desire, however, while you, myself, gunner and a few more that read along on these boards want it, there are not yet enough willing to stand and be counted to get that done. We had a bill for that this year, it got further than ever before, perhaps next years session will see it happen, you are quite welcome to join in the efforts. There is not a person who worked for what we got done this year that does not want to see constitutional carry for MO, I would tend to say no one wanted it more since all of them showed up in support for BOTH.

Common everyday citizens worked on this one, you are quite welcome to work on one yourself, organize others to help or join existing efforts, NO ONE is stopping you at all.