• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We made mo/oc history today

HighValueWarrior

Festus, I see two groups of whiners. The people you describe and the people who get off railing on them. Both can get annoying!

We need to unite against the opposition. Use grown-up ways of discussing our internal disagreements. Sorry if that offends you, but I'm going to stick with that message.

Personally I'm happy with the bill, so hopefully you don't waste too much of your time imagining I'm the big critic or that I have no idea about previous posts. :)

This. Good post.
Try to forget what has happened in the past.
ENJOY this sweet victory.

You have earned it !

mspgunner

Hi HP . :)

I see you have not been here that long, so let me tell you a little history.

In the past few years, there have been a few folks who actually go and do something to try and get this stuff pushed through. MSPGunner has been the guy who motivated me to be a part of this group through first PM's, then email. We have met many times and I'm sure will meet plenty more. Marc and I (as well as LMTD and Doc) did not see eye to eye on things in the beginning. I guess years ago I was sorta like the "whiners" who wanted everything and wanted it now.

The past 2 years I have gotten involved in this movement along with Marc and Rich, and I see in reality what we are dealing with. Like I've told MANY people, there is so much ignorance in that big building in Jeff City, you literally have to see it to believe it. Most of these people debating these bills don't have a clue as to what they are even talking about.
I sat there and watched one Senator tell the floor that if HB436 passed that anyone could go to Iraq, become a terrorist and blow people up, then come back to Mo. and go to an FFL and stock up on more grenades and rocket launchers. :banghead: No, I am NOT kidding.

I knew this year we wouldn't get CC , but we COULD MAYBE get OC WITH a CCW . Is it perfect ? No. Is it the best we could get ? You bet it is. At the end we didn't even think we would get that, but here we are.

I stopped coming to this website because of all the whiners. Only reason I'm here at this moment is because we are so close to this I want to see it through. I probably will stop coming here agian after this session is over, just too many people complaining on a forum they don't have something, yet none of them have a clue as to what is even obtainable. They don't go out and try to do anything to change laws, they just complain things aren't the way they want them. Waaaa..... :cry:

So Marc's post is in response to hundreds of posts that you were probably not here to read over the last 3 years or so. It gets tiring trying to make people who have no clue understand WHY stuff is the way it is when they don't want to hear that, they want to hear that they got what "they" wanted, which can mean many things for many people.

People who "want" need to get off their @$$' and DO SOMETHING ! Stop complaining on a forum and go talk to your Reps personally. If you aren't a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem.

Well put. Festus you have been both a good advisor in drafting the bill and good speaker in Committee hearings. I knew you could do it.
I suppose your post named the principals who put in the most effort, plus "Scott" whos name on this foum escapes me, he'll post if he wants too.

The "5" of us all contributed greatly to this effort in various ways. The trips to Jeff City, research, speaking in Committee hearings, ideas and meaningful exchanges, some of which were dog and cat!
But that's OK, we worked together and hopefully got 'er done this year. STILL TO BE SEEN.
I certainly will call it a ballgame with this win, assuming we get it.

I'll just be around for soem meet-ups. The ones with big, better ideas... Go for it brothers, good luck!

dkangel

Well put. Festus you have been both a good advisor in drafting the bill and good speaker in Committee hearings. I knew you could do it.
I suppose your post named the principals who put in the most effort, plus "Scott" whos name on this foum escapes me, he'll post if he wants too.

The "5" of us all contributed greatly to this effort in various ways. The trips to Jeff City, research, speaking in Committee hearings, ideas and meaningful exchanges, some of which were dog and cat!
But that's OK, we worked together and hopefully got 'er done this year. STILL TO BE SEEN.
I certainly will call it a ballgame with this win, assuming we get it.

I'll just be around for soem meet-ups. The ones with big, better ideas... Go for it brothers, good luck!

LOL. dkangel=scott=me :) Just remember I am the one with the picture of the Ship (Space Ship that is).

Last edited:

Big Boy

Without getting into the "thick" of this thread, I'd just like to throw my hat out there and say that I realize, and appreciate the work that you guys have done.

I know it wasn't easy.

I know we all eventually want more.

I know that THESE ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST STRIDES FOR THE 2ND AMENDMENT THAT HAVE BEEN MADE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY In a very, very long time.

Congratulations accomplishing as much as you have in one fatal swoop. Thank you for fighting for our rights. Thank you for winning.

HP995

Congratulations accomplishing as much as you have in one fatal swoop. Thank you for fighting for our rights. Thank you for winning.

Amen! And perfect timing too. This year is surprisingly good, with national gun control thwarted for the moment, and this amazing MO effort.

jad316

I've checked online but have NOT seen any notice or audio in regards to this bill's passage. Does anyone know what time and when we should expect to find out?

kcgunfan

It's not updated real time. They are currently about one third through Senate bills for third reading. After that is our category, and were second on the list there. I'd give it even odds for tomorrow or Thursday.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

kcgunfan

They are done for the night, so that part of my guess was right...

kcgunfan

The GOP caucus had a "party" this afternoon, therfore the session ended early. Sounds reasonable to me...........??????????

If they get it passed before the end of the session, I'm good. If not, I'll be discussing having a party over the will of the people when they have short weeks anyway...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

kcgunfan

That doesn't sound right, as much as I'd like it to be.

NeoShade

i think i heard on the radio, 9 AM news, that the House passed it.

It was probably the first passing of the house. I still see people on facebook posting that the house passed it, and seeing news articles about it.

It is still on the calendar. Hopefully voted on today...

kylemoul

i have been listening to the house radio and have not heard the bill come up nor voted on yet...unless I missed it.

Broondog

well if they go by any structure on the calendar then they are like 3 steps down from our bill. currently HJR's 11 & 7. then again this is government in action.

i'm sure gunner and festus are there. i wonder is they know how to "phone this in"?

kcgunfan

well if they go by any structure on the calendar then they are like 3 steps down from our bill. currently HJR's 11 & 7. then again this is government in action.

i'm sure gunner and festus are there. i wonder is they know how to "phone this in"?

I'm guessing they're cherry picking. The question is how do we make our cherry shinier?