• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What do you carry (make/model) and Why?

Mike Hawk

imported post

Most of the time I carry the Beretta 92fs 9mm. It's just such a reliable gun and accurate as well. Seems to fit my hand better than anything else too. I train and qualify with it (and a few other cool firearms)twice a year as part of my job (no, I'm not a cop) so staying proficient is never a problem. Plus, it's free!

For around the house I'll often carry the Highpoint C9 loaded-chambered-concealed. Even if you happen to scratch or ding it, at $210 O.T.D. it's no big heartbreaker.

yelohamr

imported post

S&W had to pay Glock $millions for copyright infringement, because the internal stuff is identical to Glock. The good thing is, S&W can still make the Sigma. The bad part is, because of CA I can only have the 10 round mags instead of the 16.

inbox485

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
yelohamr wrote:
The 10 day waiting period started today.  I'll OC with it in AZ next month.

Very nice. Looks like a cross between a ruger sr9 and a glock with a few stylish extras.

Ah the sigma. Old Glock design on the inside, Ruger design on the outside, and S&W doing the fabrication. Nothing could go wrong with that design could it?:D

I jest, but really, best of luck. A friend of mine has the sigma 40 and loves it.