• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What scares you the most, open carry or concealed carry?

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My point here is the "people like me who are very unnerved by it" phrase. swatpro911 wanted to "take extra caution" when he "makes" a CCer, while this young soccer mom is "very unnerved" by an OCer.
I'm very unnerved by people who act really nervous around calm law-abiding citizens with legal firearms. Makes we wonder what they are afraid of - are they criminals nervous of being found out? Are they on probation/parole and think I am a cop? Are they are leftist wacko who would wear a kaffir, march in protests against our troops, commit acts of vandalism and damage public property and they are afraid I am military and recognize them from the protest and will kick their a$$ for being whiney wussies who don't understand that if not for the military they wouldn't have the freedom to open their pie hole in the first place? All kinds of possibilities and all sorts of things to be worried about with those "unnerved around firearms" people.

Does it never cross anyone's mind that the average gangbanger gangsta thug probably doesn't OC? Does anyone ever consider that the last dozen or so crack zombies probably do not have the appropriate firearms license? Has anyone ever considered how many times law enforcement has not appeared magically just before a bad guy pulls the trigger on a victim but rather much later, and then only to draw those wonderful chalk outlines? We are required, by law, to wear seatbelts to "protect" ourselves in a car crash but so many in society bemoans those same people being able to thwart the goals of a criminal looking to rob property or life?
Has never even remotely crossed their minds. Such thought requires logic leading to reasonable conclusions. The vast majority of gun-grabbers, lefties and soccer moms (wow that was redundant) couldn't put together a coherent argument if you held a gun to their head. Er, so to speak :p Their main strategy involves walking around in a funny manner, because their knees are continuously jerking, and screaming about "the children".

Trust me: I would MUCH rather be surrounded at the grocery store by a handful of fellow OCers or CCers that I would being surrounded by unnerved soccer moms.
Wow, I'm not sure about that. There are a lot of cute soccer moms and well, look at some of the "self portrait" pictures in the threads on this site. :what: While I get your point I'm not sure your logic holds entirely. There are a few things worth risking your safety over and I'm just the kind of guy to comfort a bunch of unnerved cute soccer moms. :cool: If nothing else, it certainly makes the "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" conversation much more lively.

grog18b

imported post

To reply to the question, and in a working capacity, neither scare me. Criminals concern me, not law abiding citizens exercising their rights. This question is kinda like, who scares you more, church goers or non-curch goers. Does it really matter? If people are scared of firearms, there is no hope for them except education, and if they don't want to be educated, so be it. They can live in fear. I don't.

ace1001

imported post

Are you saying that we should not OC because when we "go Cho" it will hurt us politcally? :banghead:

Yes, I want you to use a Preus. I want them to outlaw those. Maybe you could join a few liberal groups before you do, so we can say they turned a good OCer bad.:celebrateAce

ace1001

imported post

Sometimes threads live again because someone brought them back to the top. But I guess this one is now about old threads.:cry:Ace

UTOC-45-44

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
Please share your thoughts, for me neither idea scares me. The people I fear are the criminals that carry gun to s to rob stores and things and don't mind shooting people. Law abiding gun owners-concealed or not concern me not at all.

What do you mean ? Does OCing or CCing scare you when you carry OR do you ask if OCing or CCing scares other people seing you ???

First off, How can people be scared of our CCing, cuz when you CC is is CONCEALED and NOBODY should be able to see it.

OCing I can understand, since I have had quite a few Q's about that manner of carrying and the legality of it.

Refrase the Q please.

Jason Rogers

imported post

swatpro911 wrote:
if I see somebody CCing I would take extra caution when approching that individual or just to chat with him/her. I would make sure who he/she is my any means and once checks out i will feel sense of relief. Thats jut my opinion.

And what if that person said "Go away and leave me alone, you have no legal authority to demand that info!"? Also just what do you mean by "[by] any means"?

Swat, it seems to me you don't have any "means". But neither do I. If you are a private security guard all you have is the authority to ask them to leave and then if they don't you can call the cops.

If you are posting while drunk, please refrain from doing so in the future. If you are not impaired you have my sincerest apologies.-Jay