• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what would you reccomend i do temporarily?

SlowDog

imported post

Back in the 90's I was living in a so-so neighborhood in Flint. A freind and neighbor chased after a purse snatcher and was shot in the right bicep. He died because the round ran up his arm and across his chest clipping vital blood vessels to his brain. My ex-girlfriend was a paramedic and she was the first one there.....he was alive when they loaded him in the ambulance and 4 blocks away was the CriticalCare Unit.They cracked his chest as soon as he arrived in the hospital. I have family who works in the medical field said the Dr. told them that little 22 round shredded him so bad inside there wasn't enough hands to stop all the blood loss.

Something to think about.....just sayin....:uhoh:

sevenplusone

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
i have been told that the .22 LR has a nasty reputation for "bouncing around" the human body cavity.
I'd rather hit them with something with a little more ooomphh. Go with the shotty, first time, every time. The last thing you want is that first shot tonot accomplish anything. I'd much rather strikethe felon with close to an ounce of shot rather than 44gr. .22 bullet. You won't need to rely on it bouncing around if you hit them with that much force.

B

Bikenut

imported post

So many recommendations for the shotty because of the greater firepower over the .22.........

So much ignoring the unique situation where cramped quarters in lil_freak_66's house that make the long barreled shotty a problem in maneuvering effectively.

lil_freak_66 is faced with a not so difficult decision really....

Should he use the gun with the most firepower he can't get around corners to actually use?

Or should he use the gun that has less firepower that he can actually get around corners and on target?

Pretty simple answer to the question I would think.

lil_freak_66

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
So many recommendations for the shotty because of the greater firepower over the .22.........

So much ignoring the unique situation where cramped quarters in lil_freak_66's house that make the long barreled shotty a problem in maneuvering effectively.

lil_freak_66 is faced with a not so difficult decision really....

Should he use the gun with the most firepower he can't get around corners to actually use?

Or should he use the gun that has less firepower that he can actually get around corners and on target?

Pretty simple answer to the question I would think.
i have opted the for the 10/22 based on the advice you have been giving me over the past week.