• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who in FL wants to form a group to get OC moving on Florida>

ADulay

imported post

rebel-patriot wrote:
I propose we get together the second sunday in October, which will be OCT 11 if all of us can attend.
Well, Biketoberfest 2009 is the following weekend (15-18 October) in Daytona and all of my other meetings fall on other days so as far as I'm concerned, October 11th is a good day, at least for me.

With that said, I can probably make pretty much any other date if others need it to change.

AD

rebel-patriot

imported post

Hey folks.. I have been cruising around the OC website here and have stumbled across a possibly better idea.

OpenCarry has an irc chatroom. If you dont know about it look here:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/3580.html

How about if we all get together and meet at least once or twice in the chatroom and discuss in moderated forum regarding this topic and after that we can decide on a once or twice face to face?

If everyone is good for a chat meeting I propose it to be on Tuesday September 22 at 8 pm EST.

Let me know.

Reb
American by birth, Southern by choice

Mossy_35

imported post

I'll be there. We really need to get this movement going. There seems to be a fair amount of apathy in Florida on this issue.

rebel-patriot

imported post

Tucky wrote:
I'll be there. We really need to get this movement going. There seems to be a fair amount of apathy in Florida on this issue.
Apathy? In Flori-duh? Really? LOL

Welcome Tucky and if you havent already I would suggest going back and reading some of the discussion zack and I have had in this thread.

Reb

BIG DADDY OF 5

imported post

iF YOU GOOGLE OPEN CARRY IN FLORIDA THERE IS A SITE TRYING TO PUSH OPEN CARRY DUE TO THE HEAT AND HOW HARD IT IS TO CONCEAL. THEY HAVE A PETITION YOU CAN SIGN.

rebel-patriot

imported post

BIG DADDY OF 5 wrote:
iF YOU GOOGLE OPEN CARRY IN FLORIDA THERE IS A SITE TRYING TO PUSH OPEN CARRY DUE TO THE HEAT AND HOW HARD IT IS TO CONCEAL. THEY HAVE A PETITION YOU CAN SIGN.

Quite true Big Daddy. However the site you reference above is, I think, not truly active any longer. If you search this board you will find that the site owner started this effort a few years ago. Has gone silent. The webpage for viewing the signers of the signers of the petition is no longer there. Therefore the script he is/was using has an error in it. I have tried contacting this person with no response. So for all practical purposes this referenced site is dead, and a new effort needs to be started.

Welcome to the board.

Rebel

GIdeon_70

imported post

I plan an open carry fishing trip in a public location during the month of November. I've already cleared it with the police, and it is a done deal. All that remains is to set the date.

If anyone is interested in joining us, then RSVP me at DGO@daytonagunowners.com, when I get enough people (about 20) then I'll set the final date.