• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why Carry Open

tarzan1888

imported post

News Flash

This just in. Be on the lookout for the nefarious Hillbooby, AKA the TROLL

Known to attempt to cause discord in various OC Forums.

Mug Shot follows.

Attachments

• Hillbooby.jpg
    Hillbooby.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 226

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
Hillbillly wrote:
HI All....Now see that is just what I am talking about...you want people to understand your right to open carry ( I can see that ) but to treat people like you have myself is not going to win anyone over if anything it will want people to try to shut down your right ( I one feel that you do have the right to open carry ) ya just need to try to do it in a different way ...the way is not to ignore or put down the people that don't agree with you but to have a kind and gentle way of explaning it to them so that they might understand ....would any of you like a second chance ? or are all of you just the same THINK ABOUT IT

Can you spell "backpedal"

Tarzan

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

My stomach is STILL hurtin' from

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

tarzan1888

imported post

Sorry guys but I gotta go back to work. People keep wondering why I keep laughing and I need to get some work done.

Tarzan

RU98A

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
Hi all...What I want to know is why carry open if you have a perment ...do you think it makes you a maco man or somthing or are ya just trouble makers...ya talk about being able to protect yourself and family well let me tell you that if I was going to rob or do some other thing I would look around and see who was my greatest threat....that would be the guy with the gun on his hip and boom you go first....I believe in the second ammendment and I do carry but the only time ya will see my gun is when ya see the muzzle flash and feel the hollow point hit you ...GROW UP AND COVER UP
Troll alert! Troll alert!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
News Flash

This just in. Be on the lookout for the nefarious Hillbooby, AKA the TROLL

Known to attempt to cause discord in various OC Forums.

Mug Shot follows.

Oh, my HELL tarzan. You had TOO much to drink this weekend and is STILL drunk and funny
attachment.php

John Hardin

imported post

nathan wrote:
Star Trek was amazingly prescient. The communicator devices they used looked very similar to today’s flip phones. There are many examples like that.
...where do you think the electronics companies got the idea for that form factor from?

Hillbillly

imported post

I don't have to cause trouble you people cause it on your own and show
me just how immature you really are by you childish comments...I just hope that you are more mature when it comes to your firearm safety ...if you found my comments to be rude then how do you handle the people that don't think you should carry open...one thing that can make or break your attemp to get people to understand is attitude and also might be why some of you have encountered a bad experince with open carry ( YOUR ATTITUDE )

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
and also might be why some of you have encountered a bad experince with open carry ( YOUR ATTITUDE )
Well lets see, in my case... read this forum and figure it out. The only time I was hassled by the fuzz for OC, we reached an understanding, and the police issued a three page document to to their entire force detailing the legalities of OC. Look at what happens nearly everytime someone here gets hassled for OC. Things change. For the better.

But then again I didn't come in screaming like a raving loon either. I was even understandable.

Oh, I just read what alleges to be the plot for Star Trek XI... it involves the Guardian of Forever. May have to see the stupid thing now if that is the case...

CC27

imported post

Hillbilly, you are way off base and are making no sense at all. First you ridicule people for oc, then you say you support the right to oc and your feelings are hurt because we don't acknowledge your right to free speech, and then now you come across like this was some elaborate test to show us our inability to deal with people who do not support oc. WTF!!!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
I don't have to cause trouble you people cause it on your own and show
me just how immature you really are by you childish comments...I just hope that you are more mature when it comes to your firearm safety ...if you found my comments to be rude then how do you handle the people that don't think you should carry open...one thing that can make or break your attemp to get people to understand is attitude and also might be why some of you have encountered a bad experince with open carry ( YOUR ATTITUDE )

ATTITUDE = YOUR 1st !!! POST

Oooooh, MY. People and their kids:banghead:

Ignorance is NOT an excuse Hillbillly.

Your 1st post cuold have been something like...Hey Guys, Why do you feel the need to OC? I don't feel comfortable with it due to...etc...

You don't post GROW UP AND HIDE to tell us how to do it and where to stick it:cuss:.

If I feel that I want to enjoy a Beautiful day with a short sleeved shirt or even a T-shirt tucked in I WILL do so and NOT feel paranoid. I NOT gonna go EVERY DAY and have vests on T-shits/ shirts untucked ALL the time. Try it it's VERY liberating. ( OOOOOSAAA...find the Pressure point:lol:)

Ravenhawk

imported post

We've just been Pearl Harbored!

I OC once in a while and the reason is the same as the Cops & most every member here - protection against Bad Guys/criminals.

Sometimes I feel more comfortable OC, sometimes I just CC, ... I will always be armed regardless of "how" I carry.

When I moved to Kent some 10yrs ago it was nice but the crime, gangs, and other BS is becoming more evident we need more OC'ers ESPECIALY in the bad areas of our towns/citys.

Hillbillly

imported post

I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand ...I chose to go CC at all times right now but if someone was to maybe explane the OC thing to me and what it might gain me it might help....my first post might have been a little off the wall ( hell down right RUDE ) I am sorry for that ...ever had one of those days... I know I shouldn't have took it out on the people on here
Sorry

Saint

imported post

Saint wrote

As to the question of 'Why carry open"

There are several reasons.

1. I do not have a 'perment' (shall I assume this means Permit?) I am able to carry at age 18 in Idaho but cannot obtain a CCW from my state until age 21. Therefore, I do not have another option.

2. Guns are often portrayed by the media and news sources in a very negative sense. By carrying open as a responsible, trained citizen, I promote a positive image of gun ownership

3. 99% of criminals prefer to avoid confrontation (Read the book 'Guns, Crime and Freedom' to see a very enlightening study done of robbers in Florida.) Generally speaking, a bad guy will leave and go somewhere else instead of having to face someone who he knows has a weapon. This is the same reason why very few crimes are EVER committed when there is LEO present in the direct vicinity.

4. Finally, the Right to keep and BEAR arms is guaranteed by the constitution. I'd like to keep it that way. Therefore, I exercise the rights I am given to ensure they stay the way they are.

If you have any questions and can manage to write a complete sentence without using such words as 'Maco' or 'Perment' I'm sure you will find many members here happy to answer.

P.S... Welcome aboard! :p
As I said in my earlier post... here a just a few of the reasons that some of us choose to open carry.

Much of it has to do with the desire to educate and inform the public as to the merits of gun ownership and to deter crime. It is not a decision to be made lightly as by OCing even in the most conservative states you are bound to get harrased for it both by citizens and by LEO's. (I have had LEO's called on my for the simple act of carrying and was harrased by an officer during a traffic stop. Several of my friends have been illegally arrested and harrased by LEO's due to their lawful carry of firearms)

However, in my view at least, the benefits of OCing outweigh the costs/risks ascociatted with it. Thus, I will continue to OC even after I obtain a CCL.

Hillbillly

imported post

OCing is something I will have to think about more and get more info on ( from all of you ) as I has said I do CC all the time and feel very cormfortable in doing so...there are a few hot days when my IWB is a little well not fun to wear and to be able to use my highride belt holster would make going armed more pleasent

nathan

imported post

Hey Hillbilly,

Did you feel comfortable right away when CC'ing? I know for myself it felt weird at first but I got used to it. Then I went to OC'ing and it felt weird at first but now I am used to it and OC everywhere I go and I have never had a negative experience. People talk to me about it all the time but no one has freaked out or called the cops. My opinion of the general public has improved a few notches, not everyone is as far gone as the liberals hope.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Hillbillly wrote:
I agree Ignorance is not an excuse ...but to lower yourself to my level dosn't help me understand ...I chose to go CC at all times right now but if someone was to maybe explane the OC thing to me and what it might gain me it might help....my first post might have been a little off the wall ( hell down right RUDE ) I am sorry for that ...ever had one of those days... I know I shouldn't have took it out on the people on here
Sorry

Hey Hillbillly...the good thing is we are still discussing. Apology accepted ?? Sure !!!:D. We don't have any hard feelings on this Forum. It's just that I guess we are a little bit........sensitive when a person was as strong as you were in your 1st post.

We are here to share our experinces and OUR RIGHTS,yours mine and everbody else's.

I can understand why You CC and I did that til I understood that I don't HAVE TO do that. I COMPLETELY respect your feelings that you want toCC. But believe me that the when the day happens ( and it will:lol:), that it's the MOST BEAUTIFUL dayout there and you will say -"Screw jacket, vest, sweaters or whatever I will OC today" it feels great. Just "Study" up on the Laws and Codes, ask us here and we can andwill help the to best that we can. But please remember....we are not Lawyers but we have a TON of experience. Just ask danbus:lol:. He is THE OC activist:lol:

If you are in Utah we will have a OpenCarryDotOrg/UtahConcealedCarryDotCom dinner in Layton, Utah @ Golden Corral @ 2Pm.

No worries. We will ALL share opinoins and experinces that we all MAY or MAY NOT agree with and that's your RIGHT and our Right.

Keep up the smile and chime in and "hang" with us here.

Welcome by the way.

massltca

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Hey...Guys.

I love that we have the Right keep a Healthy discussion here.

I don't mean that ALL people that CC is dishonest but it does separate you from the CRIMINALS that do CC due to that they don't have a "Permit" to do so under current laws. I don't want Permit PERIOD. It's a COMPLETE Infringement to our Rights and I think we ALL agree on that .
I agree with you, but unfortunately not all of us have the option. I either have to have a permit or carry illegally.