• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

wilding teen mobs

sraacke

Tsk, and civilians aren't allowed to use tear gas....

Not true. Every State/City has different laws regarding the carry and use of these items. Here it's pretty relaxed. I regularly carry a can of Freeze +P OC/CS mix (got it in my pocket right now) and a C2 Taser (sure it's one shot but has a 15 foot range, a 30 second run time and if the probes miss or the wire comes loose from a probe or the probe doesn't penetrate the clothing, I can still use the drive stun feature). It's nice having options.

sraacke

Totally cool. I submitted my post and the forum software automatically turned where I typed C2 Taser into a hyperlink to Amazon where there's one for sale. That's pretty neat.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Totally cool. I submitted my post and the forum software automatically turned where I typed C2 Taser into a hyperlink to Amazon where there's one for sale. That's pretty neat.

Maybe for you, but fortunately not for the rest of us. (At least not that I can see)

I understand the "need" for banner ads but imbedded ad links would be just too much.

stay safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Not true. Every State/City has different laws regarding the carry and use of these items. Here it's pretty relaxed. I regularly carry a can of Freeze +P OC/CS mix (got it in my pocket right now) and a C2 Taser (sure it's one shot but has a 15 foot range, a 30 second run time and if the probes miss or the wire comes loose from a probe or the probe doesn't penetrate the clothing, I can still use the drive stun feature). It's nice having options.

Tasers are a great option for subduing someone who unlawfully attacks a third person. If they're coming for me, however, I'd prefer my firearm, as it's a lot more certain to stop an attacker.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I OC all the time, including when I am at home. My wife does not OC at home but keeps a can of foaming wasp spray by her little place in the living room. It's good for about 25ft (more than needed in the house) and the foam is not just sticky, but acts like a 3D laser. You can guide the foam to specific body parts.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"wasp spray?"

Very nasty stuff that shoots a powerful stream that does not fog out somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 feet so you can kill the little buggers without needing to be right in amongst them. Wish the folks that made OC would copy the idea.

Add a lighter and you've got a mean little flamethrower with a nice narrow stream.

Can your OC spray hit the door from your reclining chair?:uhoh:

stay safe.

Brimstone Baritone

It also has all kinds of nasty chemicals in it that will blind an attacker. I know a guy who services ATMs who isn't allowed to carry a gun, but his boss doesn't have anything against him having wasp spray.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

When it comes to self-defense, the first thing we must remember is that we are not law enforcement. Our goal should be the defense of self and others in our immediate care (family, friends, and if you elect, nearby citizens).

So, here's my take on mobs:

1. They can form very quickly. Best way to defend yourself is to avoid them if at all possible.
2. Use brain to stay away from situations likely to result in a mob.
3. Use feet to remove yourself from a mob that forms around you.
4. Augment feet with diffusing personality. Bottom line, get out.
5. If one can't get out, don't let mob get within 21'. Take out the leader. If others charge, take out them too.

Key point: Item 5 might be illegal in your state. If so, you'll need to weigh your own options and make your own decisions. In my book, it's better to be judged by 12 than buried by 6. On a more personal note, if a mob is willing to attack me for being the honest, law-abiding citizen that I am, barring all other conceivable, reasonable, or reasonably perceived alternatives, I'd rather their feloniously criminal mobly butts take a bullet than me take a boot to my brain.

Thanks for posting a cohesive and well-stated case.

Following numbers 1 through 4 are certainly key elements to survival.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Very nasty stuff that shoots a powerful stream that does not fog out somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 feet so you can kill the little buggers without needing to be right in amongst them. Wish the folks that made OC would copy the idea.

Add a lighter and you've got a mean little flamethrower with a nice narrow stream.

Can your OC spray hit the door from your reclining chair?:uhoh:

stay safe.

Most are, but not all wasp sprays are flammable - some would act as mini extinguishers.
http://www.interstateproducts.com/wasp_killer.htm